• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Then work your way into a position at Sega where you can start making suggestions, dingus.

Be the change you want to see in the world :dkmelee:
That's not realistic. When you don't see something you want on a restaurant's menu the response isn't "get a job as the restaurant's chef". You ask the restaurant if you can make it for you anyway, they might say no, they might say yes (or at least they would back in the days of family owned small places) and they might add it to the menu and sell it to more people.

Breaking away from metaphor, we just need a way to ask for what we want from SEGA, or any other company, directly instead of just blindly hoping.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Undertale Yellow is releasing on December 9th (two days after my birthday :>)

This is a cool fangame that’s been in development for a long time. Nice to see it getting released, I remember playing its old demo + the team has done a good job from what I remember seeing in stuff they posted, and most big fangames seem to cease development before getting anywhere close to finished (for understandable reasons, of course; game dev hard).

For anyone who doesn’t know the game, I think it’s basically a prequel, and you play as the fallen child with the yellow soul, whom I think has been named “Clover” by the game’s devs.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you want a specific game to be made, here's what you do.

Find the lead developer residence and hold his family hostage. Take out your camcorder and record a video of them and then state that if the dev does not make the game, the family will be sacrificed to a hoard of weird nerds. The dev will go on a tirade on Twitter how his family is being held at gunpoint but some angry youtuber will take that as he's being woke and start a smear campaign. Take that campaign to the studio's campus and threaten to storm it if they do not make the game. The dev will see their family in the audience and have no choice but to make the game no matter what. The studio may be stormed and devs will die but lets be real they're just lazy and don't do anything anyways, so this is a net positive for humanity,

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gah.

It still sucks Godzilla Minus One won't be released in theaters where I am. Gonna miss the theater experience and have to wait until later next year to finally see the movie...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
holy **** CM Punk is back in WWE after 9 ****ing years

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The game that started as a My Little Pony fighting game (Them’s Fightin Herds) announced that after the next fighters come out they will not be releasing anything else, including the crowdfunded Story Mode.

The perils of crowdfunding something.
I was one of the backers. It was pretty disappointing to hear the news.

But I am not really blaming the devs here, they got bought out by a larger company last year and as usual, corporate influence almost certainly ruined things.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wrestling be putting me through the table ringer

D

Deleted member

I used to enjoy shipping, but the fandom got a little too rabid for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lavenza saying “hanging with the homies” is something else

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Mario RPG weapon basis is so well done that I didn't realize it until this playthrough (though the new translation does help make it more obvious).

BTW. The new translation is good in most aspects, but Mack and Frogfucious are still better names than Claymorton and sighs Frog Sage.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Mario RPG weapon basis is so well done that I didn't realize it until this playthrough (though the new translation does help make it more obvious).
But they talk about filling Mario’s world with weapons? Bowyer’s a bow, Yaridovich is a spear, the rangers are all axes…Smithy’s literally a blacksmith, he’s making the things.

How did you not get it :079:
BTW. The new translation is good in most aspects, but Mack and Frogfucious are still better names than Claymorton and sighs Frog Sage.
HIS NAME WAS MACK THE KNIFE

IT WAS A PUN GOD DAMNIT

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But they talk about filling Mario’s world with weapons? Bowyer’s a bow, Yaridovich is a spear, the rangers are all axes…Smithy’s literally a blacksmith, he’s making the things.

How did you not get it :079:

HIS NAME WAS MACK THE KNIFE

IT WAS A PUN GOD DAMNIT
Because I just didn't get it. I had no idea what Yaridovich was and Bowyer just looked like a rainbow centipede to me when I was younger. I didn't get it because I was a stupid kid taking things at face value.

But now I get it and it all makes way more sense as a thematic through line.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The post-game superboss in Mario RPG's remake took me about an hour to beat. It was a tough but satisfying fight, and I probably could have cut that in half if I'd known beforehand about a key detail of that fight, but I'm not going to try and get a better record than 78 turns. (I completed the Monster Guide, and that's good enough for me - it was much less frustrating to do that here than it was in Dragon Quest XI)

Noipoi

Howdy!
The post-game superboss in Mario RPG's remake took me about an hour to beat. It was a tough but satisfying fight, and I probably could have cut that in half if I'd known beforehand about a key detail of that fight, but I'm not going to try and get a better record than 78 turns. (I completed the Monster Guide, and that's good enough for me - it was much less frustrating to do that here than it was in Dragon Quest XI)
What key detail might that be?

Spoiler tag it if you gotta.

Shroob

Sup?

What kinda internet spoops are we talking?
I found a couple series of interest

I mentioned Greylock b4, but it seems like it's the new internet hotness that all the horrorsphere is talking about. If you haven't seen it yet, highly recommend it.

Angel Hare, I 100% recommend this. This series made me feel actual emotions. It's not 'scary' despite being analog horror, it's more... wholesome.

I'm giving Dog Nightmares a shot. Idk how good it is but I've heard some things.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What key detail might that be?

Spoiler tag it if you gotta.
I don't think it's a major spoiler, but I'll still spoiler-tag it to preserve the surprise.

If the boss is defeated and any of their minions are still standing, all surviving minions will sacrifice themselves to revive the boss with full health.

Also, the boss has 9999 HP, so all in all, I had to deplete about 19998 HP, and by the time of the revival, I had one Pick Me Up left.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

Oh ya I forgot

Valley Verde is a ****ing GOAT.

It's in Spanish, but it's subtitled. They put an insane amount of work in the series. They even made several PS1-styled anime intros that took 4~ years to make according to the creators.

Top Bottom