• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
View attachment 380647
Hey, no slandering Miley Cyrus! "Midnight Sky" is a banger!

(Also I hadn't heard of Borgore before seeing this image. I looked him up and...well. That is not a rabbit hole I want to jump down.)
Honestly I'm just fascinated that they blanket disallowed the overwhelming majority of 90s alternative rock, one of the most creatively vast and critically beloved periods in popular music history, and the band they make an exception for......is Incubus. Of all bands.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
All that's left to play after this is Christian Rock and the artists teenage white girls went insane over in 2013.

That's a horrible playlist (but Lady Gaga and Katy Perry may solo)
Honestly I'm just fascinated that they blanket disallowed the overwhelming majority of 90s alternative rock, one of the most creatively vast and critically beloved periods in popular music history, and the band they make an exception for......is Incubus. Of all bands.
Honestly it's also kinda funny to me that out of all potential modern pop artists, MILEY CYRUS is the one they disallow. I mean, she definitely went lower than artists like Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato did (seriously We Can't Stop sucks), but she's also achieved some great things. I already mentioned Midnight Sky, but she also had a great collab with Mark Ronson.

...who also had his song Uptown Funk banned so I guess that brings us full circle lol

I wonder what they think of Taylor Swift? Given she started out as country but later went full pop

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I wonder what they think of Taylor Swift? Given she started out as country but later went full pop
Swift is pretty boring when you realize all her songs are the exact same. I enjoy some of her songs though.

In terms of ladies, I think Gaga is probably my favorite pop star, may be nostalgia but she had bangers after bangers on her prime. Nowadays I wanna say Adele but my mom overplays her that she got kinda grating. And... I do kinda enjoy Meg Thee Stallion's discography, abolutely not the target audience but idk she's kinda good

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Personally I don't really have a 'favorite' pop lady. I'd say Ariana Grande has the highest output of content I regularly listen to, but some noteworthy female musical artists I'd like to point out (besides the ones MightyP mentioned) are:
  • Halsey (Loved her from the very first time I heard her)
  • Billie Eilish (Wasn't a fan of her at first, but I really liked her excellent "Everything I Wanted" and that helped me come around on her earlier stuff)
  • Olivia Rodrigo (I regularly cry to Drivers' License. Good 4 U also slaps)
  • Selena Gomez (Tends to be uninteresting but made one of my favorite songs of all time with Lose You to Love Me)
  • Rihanna (Just generally high-quality stuff)
  • Avril Lavinge (Ruled my childhood)
  • Beyonce (Cuz I'd be crazy not to mention her)
One band I'm surprised wasn't mentioned on 'Music Not Allowed in the Kitchen' was Maroon 5. Songs About Jane and the occasional moments of gold ("Makes Me Wonder" anyone?) aside, that band has as much flavor as a packing peanut.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk whether Tartarus or Okumura is the worst thing I’ve gone through as a still somewhat fresh enough Persona fan

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Jeese. I thought I’d been quite thorough on completing levels in Mario Wonder, and completing all of them. But according to the updated map screen after beating Bowser I missed quite a bit. Especially in Sunbaked Desert.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Jeese. I thought I’d been quite thorough on completing levels in Mario Wonder, and completing all of them. But according to the updated map screen after beating Bowser I missed quite a bit. Especially in Sunbaked Desert.
Sunbaked Dessert has a lot of hidden levels.

You’ll know when you’re done because the game straight up tells you when you got all the Wonder Seeds in each world.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
reasonable when you remember Tactica her choking the everything out of Ryuji. Therefore, who is the perfect chicken meal for you then…besides the homie Yusuke of course cause that’s just cheating tbh
Ryuji is very quickly becoming that perfect dish

Akechi is the very good food that the chef only brings out once in a while and its behind a seperate paywall tho order it

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Euphoria: Spider-Man edition
Ryuji is very quickly becoming that perfect dish

Akechi is the very good food that the chef only brings out once in a while and its behind a seperate paywall tho order it
going after the more risky and pricey dishes I see. Especially the highly cultured Akechi pancake special

KillerCage

Smash Master
This trailer just dropped.

Still iffy on the premise, but I'm willing to watch it if there is good word of mouth,
The new voices will be a distraction though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This trailer just dropped.

Still iffy on the premise, but I'm willing to watch it if there is good word of mouth,
The new voices will be a distraction though.
Ehhhh not impressed so far. Seems too kid-friendly compared to the first.

I'll still give it a shot.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Regarding "Assistants" in my Nick vs. CN game. These are the ones so far. Not finished yet. They'll be 20 to 25 for each side.

Final product isn't finished yet.

Nickelodeon:

Darwin Thornberry (The Wild Thornberries)
Dib Membrane (Invader Zim)
Heffer Wolfe (Rocko's Modern Life)
Ickis (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
Luan Loud (The Loud House)
Master Splinter (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Mr. Krabs (Spongebob Squarepants)
Otis (Barnyard)
Skulker (Danny Phantom)
Sokka (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Cartoon Network:

Ami & Yumi (Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi)
Baby Ducks (The Regular Show)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Juniper Lee (The Life & Times of Juniper Lee)
Robot Jones (Whatever Happened to...Robot Jones?)
Shnitzel (Chowder)
Sheep (Sheep in the Big City)
Shirley the Medium (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
The Scotsman (Samurai Jack)
Zak Saturday (The Secret Saturdays)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What If Season 2 Trailer:
One new episode a day for 9 days straight.

Top Bottom