• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If Sega really is struggling, maybe Nintendo should just oughta buy them...

More Mario and Sonic crossovers for all then!
If Sega was a competent company this is what they would make:

Vectorman 3
Vectorman 4
Vectorman 1+II HD Remaster
Vectorman 5
Vector Man (Reboot)
Mario VS Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games (DS) Remake
Vector Man II
Vectorman VS Vector Man: Clash of the Gods

EDIT: forgot Vecterman Bowling (1 and II), as well as Vector Man RPG (taking heavy inspiration from the only good RPG, Persona 5)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Vectorman 3
Vectorman 4
Vectorman 5
Vector Man (Reboot)
Vector Man II

EDIT: forgot Vecterman Bowling (1 and II), as well as Vector Man RPG (taking heavy inspiration from the only good RPG, Persona 5)
I still unironically want Mario & Sonic & CRASH at the Olympic Games. And Crash Bandicoot's logo is just boarded onto the title like he's a party crasher. And we get characters and mini-games inspired by Crash Bandicoot as well. After all the Olympics don't just have two countries competing in them.

Plus then each series can invite one "guest/friend". Crash invites Spyro, Sonic invites NiGHTS, and Mario invites Link. Boom, boom, bip.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

Vectorman 3
Vectorman 4
Vectorman 5
Vector Man (Reboot)
Vector Man II

This but replace Vectorman with Illbleed

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Back from the dead.

The new Disventure Camp episode actually had me SHOCKED at several points. But I am very happy about a certain Thing in it (won't go into detail in case someone here decides to watch DC)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm sorry EIGHT HUNDRED MILLION???
it’s gotta be a huge deal for that much to be spent…and it’s probably not a Sonic game cause of the price
If Sega really is struggling, maybe Nintendo should just oughta buy them...

More Mario and Sonic crossovers for all then!
last words before the ratios came in
Finally, Project X Zone 3
(Or maybe pulling a Leisure Suit Larry, and go straight to the fourth entry)
never played the first 2, so if they were port those 2 and make a 3rd one I’d definitely check them out…depending on if I get Sonic, Bayonetta, and more Fire Emblem characters in it
Cut Mike some slack, dude.

He can't take the time to proofread every little thing when he's on that mad grind of spewing bull****.
stop stop he’s already dead

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just found out Homer stopped strangling Bart after 36 years…nice

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm hoping we get new details for The Indigo Disk prior to release.

However, I don't want huge details that would ruin surprises like revealing more mons, story details, or Terapagos' type.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
never played the first 2, so if they were port those 2 and make a 3rd one I’d definitely check them out…depending on if I get Sonic, Bayonetta, and more Fire Emblem characters in it
Sorry bro. But the Blue Blur and other cartoon characters (or Scrimblo Bimblo) like Pac-Man or Mega Man (Classic) have no chance of being on this series in the first place.
There is no reason for this decision AFAIK. Having Klonoa in Capcom X Namco, may had left an irremediable wound on Bamco's history.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Low-hanging fruit
Tbf, wacky **** that nobody wants is what took them out if the console business, then there were banking their future on the not so good but high budget Sonic games that nobody wanted, then there was the NFTs that I don't even think got off the ground and then buying Rovio and then immediately deslisting all of Sega Forever and then... Super Game? They're a strange company.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sorry bro. But the Blue Blur and other cartoon characters (or Scrimblo Bimblo) like Pac-Man or Mega Man (Classic) have no chance of being on this series in the first place.
There is no reason for this decision AFAIK. Having Klonoa in Capcom X Namco, may had left an irremediable wound on Bamco's history.
that damned Klonoa ruining the possibilities once again

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Tbf, wacky **** that nobody wants is what took them out if the console business, then there were banking their future on the not so good but high budget Sonic games that nobody wanted, then there was the NFTs that I don't even think got off the ground and then buying Rovio and then immediately deslisting all of Sega Forever and then... Super Game? They're a strange company.
They've made a ton of extremely ****ty decisions over the years, but idk, I feel like sometimes way too much discussion around them pivots to Epic Snarky Zingers about how they exited the console business or apparently hate their old IP or whatever. Like I'm not disagreeing with what you say, but there comes a point where it starts to get in the way of other things worth discussing about their history and just starts to feel like folk aiming for the easy targets instead of making more informed criticisms. Idk.

Anyway I have to be honest this Super Game **** is scaring the **** out of me, they're sinking hundreds of millions of dollars into weird corporate live-service revivals of their old games, and since that appeals to no one, these games will likely flop, and it'll cause a huge fallout. Every single time they keep patting themselves on the back for How Much They're Listening To The Fans when they clearly have no idea why ppl like these series', nor do they seem to have any drive to do actually interesting stuff with them beyond "well people scream about them a lot so that means we GOTTA bring them back!" Throw a bunch of GAAS bull**** into Jet Set Radio, it's fiiiiiiine, don't worry.

Hyenas already caused a huge fallout on their European division. And they have multiple projects of similar if not larger scale, with similarly unappealing concepts, slated from their core Japanese division. I do not want to think about what'll happen once these games almost inevitably don't do as well as intended. They keep blabbing on about how they're LISTENING TO THE FANS when as a fan this is the absolute last **** I want, and I feel they could be spending far less money on far better ideas that would make ppl a lot happier. But that's not happening since they only intend on catering to the most surface-level requests and ****ing up even those. It's delusional.

This Super Game bull**** is eating up so much budget and manpower at the company in service of stuff absolutely not a single soul on this planet asked for. It is a cancer on this company and I'm genuinely concerned for their future. And blabbing on about how Nintendo should buy them or whatever doesn't help matters.

I'm sorry for getting all emotional and ranty but god this is stressing me out

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They've made a ton of extremely ****ty decisions over the years, but idk, I feel like sometimes way too much discussion around them pivots to Epic Snarky Zingers about how they exited the console business or apparently hate their old IP or whatever. Like I'm not disagreeing with what you say, but there comes a point where it starts to get in the way of other things worth discussing about their history and just starts to feel like folk aiming for the easy targets instead of making more informed criticisms. Idk.

Anyway I have to be honest this Super Game ** is scaring the out of me, they're sinking hundreds of millions of dollars into weird corporate live-service revivals of their old games, and since that appeals to no one, these games will likely flop, and it'll cause a huge fallout. Every single time they keep patting themselves on the back for How Much They're Listening To The Fans when they clearly have no idea why ppl like these series', nor do they seem to have any drive to do actually interesting stuff with them beyond "well people scream about them a lot so that means we GOTTA bring them back!" Throw a bunch of GAAS bull** into Jet Set Radio, it's fiiiiiiine, don't worry.

Hyenas already caused a huge fallout on their European division. And they have multiple projects of similar if not larger scale, with similarly unappealing concepts, slated from their core Japanese division. I do not want to think about what'll happen once these games almost inevitably don't do as well as intended. They keep blabbing on about how they're LISTENING TO THE FANS when as a fan this is the absolute last **** I want, and I feel they could be spending far less money on far better ideas that would make ppl a lot happier. But that's not happening since they only intend on catering to the most surface-level requests and ****ing up even those. It's delusional.

This Super Game bull**** is eating up so much budget and manpower at the company in service of stuff absolutely not a single soul on this planet asked for. It is a cancer on this company and I'm genuinely concerned for their future. And blabbing on about how Nintendo should buy them or whatever doesn't help matters.

I'm sorry for getting all emotional and ranty but god this is stressing me out
Yeah I understand. I am a little concerned over their Super Game, sinking nearly a billion in terms of budget is already setting yourself up to fail because there is almost no way you're making it back to break even with that high of a budget (not including marketing too), and it feels like a bunch of corporate jargon. Doesn't help that Sega has gotten really greedy lately, like charging for NG+, bringing out Ubisoft charts for 2D Sonic, and Atlus. I seriously wonder how far they think their fans loyalty will take them (and IMO, not far. They ain't Nintendo when it comes to the legalized scamming).

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Anyway I have to be honest this Super Game ** is scaring the ** out of me, they're sinking hundreds of millions of dollars into weird corporate live-service revivals of their old games, and since that appeals to no one, these games will likely flop, and it'll cause a huge fallout. Every single time they keep patting themselves on the back for How Much They're Listening To The Fans when they clearly have no idea why ppl like these series', nor do they seem to have any drive to do actually interesting stuff with them beyond "well people scream about them a lot so that means we GOTTA bring them back!" Throw a bunch of GAAS bull**** into Jet Set Radio, it's fiiiiiiine, don't worry.
Like the time they made a Sakura wars Gatcha game.

That had no Sakura wars characters in it.

...They completely missed the point of a gatcha game.

Top Bottom