• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Even still, it's not like this game is going to have less content than NASB1 at launch, which is what I feel like people are acting like when they focus on the cuts and ONLY the cuts.

Just wait until they find out Mortal Kombat has never done Armageddon again. And that's a franchise which according to its devs is the only fighting game series to truly have AAA budgets!
I’d be a bit shocked if there was somehow less content than launch NASB, so that thankfully won’t be an issue. Tho with the roster cuts, it probably hurts more for those who mained the cut characters (especially if they only knew how to use them). Content is always good to have, but the roster is arguably the most important part of a fighting game (or at the least usually is).

As for Mortal Kombat, them not doing an Armageddon is likely more fine toward the public since MK tends to keep the majority of the major characters in each game. Be it for the storyline or because they’re the top of the MK character list (both playable and kameos).

that and the ending probably gave them no choice but to soft reboot (?) the series

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Tho with the roster cuts, it probably hurts more for those who mained the cut characters
Trust me, I played Oblina, so I get it. But I don't see how some of these newcomers can't make up for the losses. Jimmy and Squidward were literally some of the biggest requests post-Universe Pass.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yo anyone got Zombie Wumpus when starting up Discord just now? surprised me lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If this is real then it’s a a couple characters that makes sense and one that leaves me scratching my head. But if this is all the dlc they do then there’s cause for alarm.
I can see why this list is what it is, but it’s still a little dumb.
Zuko and iroh probably have a bigger presence in the live action avatar show. Leading to them being forced inclusions.

probably why rock steady is here too. Gotta promote the movie and tie in show.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Zuko and iroh probably have a bigger presence in the live action avatar show. Leading to them being forced inclusions.

Nah, Rocksteady would definitely be because they've wanted him for a while.

Shredder replaced Rocksteady during NASB1's development, and now Shredder's a boss so...

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nah, Rocksteady would definitely be because they've wanted him for a while.

Shredder replaced Rocksteady during NASB1's development, and now Shredder's a boss so...
This is also a possibility, but still a weird trade of characters.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well they aren't gonna have any money for a second season if all you do is complain they couldn't have a 36 character roster even with a AAA budget, I might add
I'm still gonna buy it. It's not like this is the ultimate deal breaker for me. I'm just letting my opinions be known so they know what to do with their money going forward.
Kinda hard to do that when the game is on Nintendo's system
I mean still. It would have been fun.

Still, Zuko and Iroh are both characters people wanted. Having two characters from the same show is weird, but it's not like they're characters nobody wanted. Rocksteady is weird because A: he's nowhere near the most wanted TMNT character, and B: why do him without Bebop?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Trip is a really cute character.

Too bad she’s only in the classic universe so she can’t be put in the IDW comic.

Oh well.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Trust me, I played Oblina, so I get it. But I don't see how some of these newcomers can't make up for the losses. Jimmy and Squidward were literally some of the biggest requests post-Universe Pass.
Some people merely didn’t want them compared to the majority

probably why rocksteady is here too. Gotta promote the movie and tie in show.
how much bigger can Zuko and Iroh get considering they’re both massive characters already

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Too bad she’s only in the classic universe so she can’t be put in the IDW comic.

Oh well.
If only Sonic Forces didn't randomly retcon Classic Sonic to be from another dimension after it was established multiple times that he was just a younger Sonic.
watch Flynn work his magic and fix more issues from Forces

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Oh well.
I mean. The Tailstube stuff on social media strongly hints to her existing in Modern with it saying Knuckels Chaotix, which features Mighty, is canon to mainline too, maybe they finally realized that was a stupid rule and we get her as a reoccuring character, certainly better than Mighty and Ray, that's for sure

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So at TotK, about a month ago I did every single story beat besides Ganon.

A month later and I don't want to fight Ganon, despite putting in so many hours I feel like there's still a lot of stuff I want to get done in this game

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Take of unknown temperature: I kinda dislike how Modern and Classic Sonic have become different characters/series. It was cool in Generations as a one off thing but they doubled down on it after and it's just kinda weird. I don't like that Mighty and Fang (etc.) don't exist in the modern games and Shadow and Silver (.etc) will probably never be in a 2D platformer. Imagine if SMB1 to World was just an alternate universe to the "main" universe and Bowser Jr and Rosalina were banned from being in 2D Platformers

Noipoi

Howdy!
I thought they've been talking like that limitation's been removed?
Even if they are, they'd have to make a modern Trip design and they just ain't gonna do that.

We don't see Mighty, Ray, Bean, Bark, or Fang in the IDW comics either. They get referenced, but they've been sequestered into the Classic segment of the franchise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean. The Tailstube stuff on social media strongly hints to her existing in Modern with it saying Knuckels Chaotix, which features Mighty, is canon to mainline too, maybe they finally realized that was a stupid rule and we get her as a reoccuring character, certainly better than Mighty and Ray, that's for sure
Plus the recent Scrapnik Island which heavily featured Mecha Sonic, a character who was only in Sonic 3. And the scripting in Frotntiers which talks about.. well just about everything.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So at TotK, about a month ago I did every single story beat besides Ganon.

A month later and I don't want to fight Ganon, despite putting in so many hours I feel like there's still a lot of stuff I want to get done in this game
When you beat Ganondorf, you’re taken back to right before the fight goes down. However, you gained a little symbol to confirm you beat the game, alongside a Ganondorf profile. So whatever weapons, items, foods, and hearts you lose during that fight will be right back with you.

Same thing happened with BOTW

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When you beat Ganondorf, you’re taken back to right before the fight goes down. However, you gained a little symbol to confirm you beat the game, alongside a Ganondorf profile. So whatever weapons, items, foods, and hearts you lose during that fight will be right back with you.

Same thing happened with BOTW
Yeah, I figured so.

That said... I still don't wanna lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still want to see the classic Chaotix again too.
Heavy sadly died after a cocaine overdose in his apartment in San Francisco in 2013.

Bomb was last seen ranting about doing "something" about illegal immigration while heading towards the US-Mexican border with a lit fuse, and hasn't been seen since.

We're never gonna get that reunion :073:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Read the first issue of Justice League vs. Godzilla vs. Kong!

Oh how much I hope they make this into an animated movie!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Heavy sadly died after a cocaine overdose in his apartment in San Francisco in 2013.

Bomb was last seen ranting about doing "something" about illegal immigration while heading towards the US-Mexican border with a lit fuse, and hasn't been seen since.

Bomb was spotted at January 6th

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You are a strange man.

Honestly I want every character in the Sonic series to have a classic and a modern design.

Top Bottom