• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Piranha Plant is funny.

The juxtaposition of a random enemy no one gives a second thought to being in the same game as some of the biggest gaming icons is funny.

It's not a joke everyone will find funny, but a little wacky never hurts.

Never go full wacky though. No one is happy with full wacky.
Viridi ranting over every major type of Piranha Plant to the point where she turned into Alvin the Chipmunk was the true peak of PP’s Smash debut
Honestly, Smash's cuts have always made sense when you think about it.

Melee to Brawl? All the clones and Mewtwo who was an unfortunate victim of time restraints. We even know that he, Roy, and Dr.Mario were being worked on to come back.

Brawl to Smash 4? Icies due to technical limitations of the 3DS and Snake due to Konami being in a bad spot. Lucas was cut out to put in as DLC, and Wolf was a super last minute addition to Brawl.

These all make sense. Even Mewtwo's Brawl cut makes sense when you realize they were going to put him in.

Nasb2 cuts make zero sense.
and Yink was cut cause **** him Tink is better
I’d take a years delay. I’m fine with this.
You’re fine with it…but Nick ain’t

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
1695144665572.png

Well on the plus side of things, those views don't look like Gertie is depleting THAT much interest in NASB2...

...at least until more people find out who ISN'T in. And the game stops being advertised, since ads are more important to keep a game alive than anything else.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I was very displeased with the first NASB game and I can't say that the sequel is convincing me to come back.
I mean, even with the ridiculous amount of cuts, it's still trying to be a better game in the eyes of casual players. Not having CatDog doesn't mean it doesn't have SP content and items/voices on launch.

you let pokemon get away with its own lack of content and production values don't ya?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fairy Miku & Jigglypuff

Very cute. Also it’s funny since Jigglypuff is No. 39 in the PokéDex (39 is a number used for Miku since, in Japanese, it can be read to sound like her name).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Fairy Miku & Jigglypuff

Very cute. Also it’s funny since Jigglypuff is No. 39 in the PokéDex (39 is a number used for Miku since, in Japanese, it can be read to sound like her name).
Okay, quick question about some of the Pokemon Miku's been shown with.

I know a lot of the mons chosen are because they have something to do with music/singing, even Flygon is because one Dex entry compared the sound of it flapping its wings to a woman singing, and there's another piece of her with Farfetch'd because it has a leek. But why was Aurorus chosen to be her Rock-type partner, and Rotom her Electric-type?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ehhh to be completely fair people get mad at everything. I'm not saying it's unjustified in this case, but still. The company will only care if it affects sales.
And judging by this:
View attachment 377933
Well on the plus side of things, those views don't look like Gertie is depleting THAT much interest in NASB2...

...at least until more people find out who ISN'T in. And the game stops being advertised, since ads are more important to keep a game alive than anything else.
Those 1.7M views (now 1.8M btw) tell me Gertie isn't affecting sales of the game that much. Besides, people might still be impressed when they see ecelebs (if they ever get around to playing it) playing it with items and El Tigre and Jimmy Neutron.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So NASB2....

Yep, they cut Lincoln. 11 whole cuts it is. Including cutting 2 of the ninja turtles for 2 of the ninja turtles.

Really, what the **** lmao
What we’re they cooking?
Not happy. Hope they at least add them as dlc. But so far this whole thing sucks.
if they charge for them, then no, don’t even bother. Cutting half the roster and charging for it, is just disgusting.
Soo many of the cuts are just, what were they thinking?

You add Squidward, which is great, but cut Sandy? Why?

Lincoln gets cut. The main character from Nick's 2nd most popular show?

You cut 2 of the Ninja Turtles... and replace them with 2 of the Ninja Turtles? Literally why?

Toph is a hugely fan favorite Avatar character AFAIK, and you cut them?

You literally nuked Catdog and Ah! Real Monster's representation to nothing.
How are you going to nuke two whole franchises, add two new SpongeBob characters, but cut one,

and your going to leave avatar with representation of all 4 elements? What?????

Noipoi

Howdy!

I know a lot of the mons chosen are because they have something to do with music/singing, even Flygon is because one Dex entry compared the sound of it flapping its wings to a woman singing, and there's another piece of her with Farfetch'd because it has a leek. But why was Aurorus chosen to be her Rock-type partner, and Rotom her Electric-type?
Because there aren't any sound based Rock types and they were desperate

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Rotom loves appliances.

Miku uses stuff like instruments and microphones.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Amazon Japan has a preorder bonus for Mario RPG where you can get Mario, Peach and Bowser plushies but not Mallow or Geno.

Typical Square-Enix
Yeah, see? They just didn’t wanna put in the extra effort.
They also are charging like $150 usd roughly for this package, Lmao.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Rotom loves appliances.

Miku uses stuff like instruments and microphones.
I was kinda figuring it had something to do with how Rotom lives in appliances, and Miku lives in computers because she's a voice synth and not a real person.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I'm guessing Rotom could be because it can enter different machines, and Miku is a vocal synth software you can install on your PC (+ her character was originally marketed as an android), but I'm not sure.

I don't know about Aurorus, I guess because it's said an aurora appears when it roars? I'm just going off what Project Voltage's twitter mentions, though, but I guess that's one of its dex entries. I know that isn't singing, though. Maybe they're doing sound-related stuff in general, or the artist just liked it best.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but I guess that's one of its dex entries
I checked Aurorus' Pokedex, and it only mentions auroras appearing when it howls, not sings. Could the Japanese dex entry have said it sings?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just saw Elemental and it was actually really sweet
I've been seeing this movie get the weirdest polarizing reception.

On one hand, it did way better at the box office than anticipated and I heard about it getting more and more glowing reviews as time went on. On the other hand, there's still review videos popping up on Youtube considering it just "alright" or even claiming that it's awful.

Then again, I don't put much stock into most review channels anymore, so maybe the movie really is better than most expected. What's your overall opinion on the film?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm hype for NASB 2

Enough anyway
It's just been a really wild rollercoaster of "WE'RE BACK" and "IT'S OVER" for me that may eventually have to stop at the latter because I'm desperate to play NASB2 with certain friend groups who...would find the lack of Powdered Toast Man disappointing anyway.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been seeing this movie get the weirdest polarizing reception.

On one hand, it did way better at the box office than anticipated and I heard about it getting more and more glowing reviews as time went on. On the other hand, there's still review videos popping up on Youtube considering it just "alright" or even claiming that it's awful.

Then again, I don't put much stock into most review channels anymore, so maybe the movie really is better than most expected. What's your overall opinion on the film?
It’s not one of Pixar’s crowning achievements, but it’s a really sweet love story. And it handles themes like race better than Zootopia, a movie I love that really fumbled its main point.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's just been a really wild rollercoaster of "WE'RE BACK" and "IT'S OVER" for me that may eventually have to stop at the latter because I'm desperate to play NASB2 with certain friend groups who...would find the lack of Powdered Toast Man disappointing anyway.
I get that people are disappointed that some characters aren't coming back, but the gameplay looks so good compared to the first, I find it odd that people aren't focusing on the positives more.

Top Bottom