• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

osby

Smash Obsessed

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Uh ooohh the pokemon anime.is in troublee
They could very easily just do what Yugioh did when the studio that made it was having trouble and change animation studios for the next generation.

This is the week of horror that'll unfold of Peach twerking and Bowser and his minions dabbing.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It is.

Twerking and dabbing are cheap and lazy ways at attempts on humor (Along with fart jokes). Something Illumination is most notable for.

I appreciate humor when it's more creative or has certain levity to it.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But I wouldn't be upset at all if there was dabbing in the Mario movie (it has happened in a game before)

And there are far worse and more outdated memes they could do than that.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So watched the new ED of Spy X Family and ended up go down a slidey and whirly rabbit hole that led me to discover this gem again.............

1664725044586.png

One of the most interesting platformers of all time with an Atari/Impossible Mission aesthetic which the key feature is that you flip to progress.....kinda like a 2D Gravity Rush if was made by an Irish fella who was stuck in the 80s for 10 years.

And the soundtrack is just the best:

Reminds me..........I really should do a feature on the SB Blogs thing about the early 3DS Eshop. Too bad I'm demotivated and have 100 other things to do right now.

Uh ooohh the pokemon anime.is in troublee
Honestly I'm not suprised.

Then again.............I've given up on the Pokemon anime a long time ago. Just wish they did game spin-off adaptations more.

Honestly comments like that is why I've changed my perception of him these days.

Also I don't really find dabbing cheapish humour than it used to a few years ago but that's just me.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
From my knowledge, a lack of originality in a movie can happen and the move can still be good. I personally don't think dabbing and twerking would make a movie so it has a lack of originality, and I don't see twerking and dabbing as something that can necessarily take away some of the quality of the movie in question. It depends on how people view those.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As long as the execution is well, I don't mind the lack of orginality (How To Train Your Dragon is a good example, has all the cliches you might hate such as the geeky deeb wanting father's acceptance and the liar reveal but executes that all well).

I just wish there was more originality in movies that way there'd be more variety in terms of tone, vibe and humor in films is all I'm asking.

The Batman notably having its certain level of levity as an example and its approach helped made it stand out from other superhero movies.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Super Mario Sunshine in a nutshell
(in case the fully embedded version gets taken down)
…but here’s the fully embedded one below

osby

Smash Obsessed
As long as the execution is well, I don't mind the lack of orginality (How To Train Your Dragon is a good example, has all the cliches you might hate such as the geeky deeb wanting father's acceptance and the liar reveal but executes that all well).

I just wish there was more originality in movies that way there'd be more variety in terms of tone, vibe and humor in films is all I'm asking.

The Batman notably having its certain level of levity as an example and its approach helped made it stand out from other superhero movies.
Films have plenty of variety and originality, you just need to watch something other than Hollywood blockbusters.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I won't be too mad at the Mario movie regardless of its quality levels. I mean, I already have Soul and Luca, as far as I'm concerned I have everything I ever wanted from a 3D animated movie...and movies in general.

Though if they screw up a Crash Bandicoot movie, you WILL hear from me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Films have plenty of variety and originality, you just need to watch something other than Hollywood blockbusters.
Which is why Hollywood needs to start geting their **** back together but that won't happen because the audience always wants the same thing depsite already seeing it for the upthirteeth time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One time I was heading home from the grocery store and there was a kid on like. An electronic tricycle. I tried to go past him but then he got a burst of speed and quickly dabbed on me.
Are we having a Smashboards moment over the dab?
Instead let's all be original and go WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME 😂😂😂 or post CINEMASINS 😂😂😂😂😂 or say how Illumination will make every Mario character a dabbing twerking Minion 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Top Bottom