• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Given that canonically there are multiple Kirbys, it’s pretty believable IMO that Meta Knight is a Kirby; perhaps just a different variant.

Even then, though…We still don’t fully know what Kirby really is: A LOT of the stuff on Void is extremely vague and very head cannon-ey, so what Kirby and Meta Knight are is super freely up to personal interpretation. I tend to view a Kirby as what happens when Void is exposed to positive emotions and power (Heart, Soul, Friendship), and Dark Matter and Termina are what happens when Void is corupted via the Jamba Hearts and other evil power (Dark, loneliness, hatred). Meta Knight could be one of the earliest Kirbys, perhaps he was a Dark Matter that was redeemed similar to Gooey? Again, 99% of Kirby lore is head cannon when we get to origins, so you’re free to kinda believe what you want.
I like the gooey theory for him and Galacta Knight. They were offshoots of a previous Void entity (explaining the look) that gained independence and power of their own (explaining the lack of copy ability and lack of true eldritch power).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching Voltron vs. Megazord and Sub-Zero vs. Glacius.

This whole time kept thinking Glacius had the fight in his bag. One would think as a being made of ice. He'd be immune to all of Sub-Zero's ice attacks but then they made the point of how fragile Glacius can be and Sub-Zero has more then ice attacks as he could easily puncture through his body given how freakishly strong he is.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
well ****…final level to lead to the final boss…

a Super Saiyan Inkling was not on my bucket list whatsoever…nor was Deep Cut instantly joining my side just because they realized we weren’t evil…and nor to the nor that already nor’d for noring the fact that the Squid Sister will likely forever outlast every other musical band in Splatoon forever and ever and ever

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Vergil should have fought Sesshomaru, far more connections (Even if its one-sided in Vergil's favor).

What did Vergil and Sephiroth have in common aside from silver-haired swordsmen from video games? Plus the connection they're born to powerful beings and connection to the protagonists could apply to anyone.

Wanted Sephiroth to fight Griffith so I could see the latter die horribly as everyone wanted Homelander did to Omni-Man. Let's admit it. I'm sure everyone would have wanted to see Griffith get turned into a bloody paste.

In b4 "Griffith did nothing wrong".

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Noipoi Noipoi

I'm doing it.

I never thought I would do it again, but...

I'm plugging it back in...

It's ghost still haunts me...

Mocks me, with all of its rare ROMs just sitting there on the soon to be doomed eShop...

WIND WAKER, TWILIGHT PRINCESS, WOOLLY WORLD, PIKMIN 1 AND 2, AND METROID PRIME TRILOGY LEFT TO ROT ON IT

D1ZfUEMX0AA2VmN.jpg

A true tragedy.

so ye I'm setting it back up in preparation to buy a few games I want before the eShop is kill lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways there are the following matches I sent to Wiz and Boomstick not too long ago. Hope they become true.

Asura (Asura's Wrath) vs. Atrocitus (DC Comics); I admit its probably more likely they'll bring Broly back to fight Asura but won't stop me from demanding this one.
King Ghidorah (Godzilla) vs. Ridley (Metroid)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong) vs. Blackbeard (One Piece)
King Shark (DC Comics) vs. Tiger Shark (Marvel Comics); Yeah, yeah I know another DC vs. Marvel match but you know what it has a good theme for just being sharks.
Nightwolf (Mortal Kombat) vs. Chief Thunder (Killer Instinct)
Stitch (Lilo & Stitch) vs. Iron Giant (The Iron Giant)

I also really want King Kong in Death Battle, the only problem is who should he fight? All I can think is perhaps the Cloverfield monster for American kaiju or as someone suggested a while back Beast Titan.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Despite my frequent losses for Team Grub, I can now shoot better. I was aiming TOO high when trying to splat other player

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tbh, I don't think the Wii U was a bad console in of itself.

It's main problems were marketing and lack of third-party support for much of it's lifetime. The gamepad controller also wasn't that interesting nor convenient; it was a good concept, but it was eventually better realized with the Switch.

MooMew64

It's main problems were marketing and lack of third-party support for much of it's lifetime. The gamepad controller also wasn't that interesting nor convenient; it was a good concept, but it was eventually better realized with the Switch.
I honestly ham up how much I dislike it for the funnies lol. Realistically, it wasn't a terrible console, there have been far worse.

...However, long term preservation is...Going to be an issue. The eShop is not a huge deal because thankfully, we have backup tools for our games and Cemu is working wonderfully right now as an emulator, but the Gamepad is a HUGE concern to me: If that thing breaks, there ain't a viable replacement outside of people selling their old ones, and with the Wii U about to probably become a legit collector's piece that only sold a relatively measly 13 million? I do not foresee a bright future for this thing's library, unfortunately. If Nintendo doesn't rescue all of the games for Switch ports, there's definitely gonna be some big titles lost to time (The Zelda remasters and Woolly World come to mind).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I honestly ham up how much I dislike it for the funnies lol. Realistically, it wasn't a terrible console, there have been far worse.

...However, long term preservation is...Going to be an issue. The eShop is not a huge deal because thankfully, we have backup tools for our games and Cemu is working wonderfully right now as an emulator, but the Gamepad is a HUGE concern to me: If that thing breaks, there ain't a viable replacement outside of people selling their old ones, and with the Wii U about to probably become a legit collector's piece that only sold a relatively measly 13 million? I do not foresee a bright future for this thing's library, unfortunately. If Nintendo doesn't rescue all of the games for Switch ports, there's definitely gonna be some big titles lost to time (The Zelda remasters and Woolly World come to mind).
I'm still surprised they haven't ported Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD to the Switch yet.

Several Mario games, Pikmin 3 and Kirby's Return to Dreamland all got that treatment, all with brand new content and in some cases better graphics to boot. Why haven't two of the most popular Zelda games (one of Nintendo's biggest franchises after Mario and Pokemon) gotten that yet? All I can think of is possibly because they're already remakes, but again, they're still two of the most popular Zelda games, and the Switch itself has been a massive success. Copies of the two games would sell like hotcakes on the Switch.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The Wii U was great. Again, poor marketing and lack of third party games.

Also, which team is going to be first once the halfway intermission starts? It begins on 7 pm PT (9 pm CST & 10 pm EST)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if the Top 10 doesn’t include Rivers in the Desert, I Believe, No More What Ifs, Throw Away Your Mask, Last Surprise, Whims of Fate, Price, Regret, Blooming Villain, or Beneath the Mask…then it’s pure lie

but I would forgive them since they acknowledged Makoto as the best character in Persona 5

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thought I'd post.

M MooMew64 so thanks to your love I'm probably gonna buy OneShot over the next few days.

Secondly.

When people talk about what they would what from next generation of consoles and games, is it weird that the one thing I want the most over graphics or accessibility or insert new gaming trend is just far smoother collision detection? Been playing stuff like AC Unity and God of War and how you see the characters clip through objects slightly for example. I just want better stuff in that field.

Thirdly, my writing feels off.

I like the Wii U and it existed in a gaming period that felt unique in its own way (Vita I feel similar and when PS and Xbox was in its awkward console transition). There were a lot of games that felt right on it and the Gamepad was very Nintendo.

Just.............I wish they should have made it more of an HD Wii and focused on that while figuring out the golden egg of the Switch concept.

MooMew64

I'm still surprised they haven't ported Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD to the Switch yet.

Several Mario games, Pikmin 3 and Kirby's Return to Dreamland all got that treatment, all with brand new content and in some cases better graphics to boot. Why haven't two of the most popular Zelda games (one of Nintendo's biggest franchises after Mario and Pokemon) gotten that yet? All I can think of is possibly because they're already remakes, but again, they're still two of the most popular Zelda games, and the Switch itself has been a massive success. Copies of the two games would sell like hotcakes on the Switch.
Shoutouts to Xenoblade X fans, probably gonna be the system's biggest causality.

...Still blows my mind out of all the games they rescued, they really let the Zeldas, Yoshi, AND Xenoblade rot over Tokyo Mirage Sessions lol (no offense to anyone who likes it).

Paper Mario and Splat1 are non-issues because Splatoon is an iterative franchise with objectively better versions on Switch and lol Color Splash.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Still blows my mind out of all the games they rescued, they really let the Zeldas, Yoshi, AND Xenoblade rot over Tokyo Mirage Sessions lol (no offense to anyone who likes it).
No excuse for the Zelda HD Editions and Woolly World (except maybe that the latter has a 3DS port), but for Xenoblade X I've heard things about Monolith saying it'd be too hard. The Switch's hardware is apparently both a few steps forward and back vs. the Wii U, and those steps back are the issue.

MooMew64

TBH I wouldn't be so salty over Woolly World if Crafted World wasn't some of the hottest mid Nintendo dropped on the Switch.

It was from Woolly World's dev team, too. I just have NO idea what happened with that one. :202:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now, don't get me wrong the Wii U had some good games but let's be real it had way more problems than 3rd parties and marketing. Gamepad was some ass (and no replacement either), outdated features, services that did not work, massive drought of big releases, most big releases really weren't all that either, etc. Revisionist history is strong with this console after VC went away

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think the ammount of big Wii U games that have been ported to Switch kind of shows how uneccessary the Gamepad was.

Top Bottom