• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know we moved on from this but want to apologize regarding earlier what I said wasn't appropriate and that you guys took this the wrong way.

You guys know my habit of posting before thinking and just want to let you I have nothing against race, I just don't understand the reason of why some characters needs to be race-changed, is it as if they're trying to accomplish something?

Sorry for the assumption to think I was a racist. I really need to be careful with the way I write my posts sometimes because it could lead to the wrong impression as what happened earlier.

Regardless the live-action Pinocchio trailer still looks like **** in my opinion.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You guys know my habit of posting before thinking and just want to let you I have nothing against race, I just don't understand the reason of why some characters needs to be race-changed, is it as if they're trying to accomplish something?
This is the only thing I'll say on this matter, though I think this is all kind of stemming from the fact that you're assuming that casting a minority actor means you're trying to "accomplish something."

Let's look at this from a casting director's perspective, I'll use a casting call I held a while back as an example. I got over 100 auditions for the role, and I chose a Malaysian actor. Not because the character was Malaysian, or that I had something to prove, but because they were right for the role. They understood the character, and incorporated their understanding into the performance accordingly. If I was trying to prove something, I could flaunt the casting decision. But that's not the point. The point is that they were right for the role.

In Pinnochio, we know how the Blue Fairy is depicted. We know what she wants, what she's like, etc. Some random white actor isn't necessary to properly convey that. Characters go through human emotions and experiences. Any actor is capable of harnessing that. Minorities shouldn't be barred off from these roles, especially when this is a NEW interpretation of the character. What's stopping the Blue Fairy from being black? At the end of the day, they're still the Blue Fairy, after all.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is the only thing I'll say on this matter, though I think this is all kind of stemming from the fact that you're assuming that casting a minority actor means you're trying to "accomplish something."

Let's look at this from a casting director's perspective, I'll use a casting call I held a while back as an example. I got over 100 auditions for the role, and I chose a Malaysian actor. Not because the character was Malaysian, or that I had something to prove, but because they were right for the role. They understood the character, and incorporated their understanding into the performance accordingly. If I was trying to prove something, I could flaunt the casting decision. But that's not the point. The point is that they were right for the role.

In Pinnochio, we know how the Blue Fairy is depicted. We know what she wants, what she's like, etc. Some random white actor isn't necessary to properly convey that. Characters go through human emotions and experiences. Any actor is capable of harnessing that. Minorities shouldn't be barred off from these roles, especially when this is a NEW interpretation of the character. What's stopping the Blue Fairy from being black? At the end of the day, they're still the Blue Fairy, after all.
Sorry dude, the "They were the best actor for the role" only works when asked why your movies have little to no minorities or if you're whitewashing Asians, you are now... Woke.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Uh yeah, I agree with Guh. Giving minorities roles isn't a thing to "accomplish". We're just as capable as our white peers, but the issue is that historically we've been discriminated against and passed up. Hence why you see a push to add more minorities into said roles lately.

And if you wanna say best actor available, then yeah, I agree, but here's the thing: if there's say a black actor who's better than a fellow white actor, and they both audition for the same role, the black actor is gonna get passed up more likely than not, under a guise of "brand image", or "recognizability". The way Hollywood does minorities is kinda bogus.

And I'm not gonna get into the portayal of minorities either that's gonna go for too long.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Aurane when they reveal Gigaflux Maneuvers tomorrow

View attachment 353717
They will now add motion inputs into Pokemon. To do 1.5x damage on your Seismic Toss, you'll have to do a 360.

Though honestly, I just liked Mega Evolutions, just needed more weaker Pokemon to get those or full evolutions.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So what early rodent is getting a regional tomorrow? I hope sentret because a furret evolution would be cool.

If we don’t get the rodent that’s now a regional, then I’m thinking they give us the regional tauros or maybe a new eevee.

Now idea on what type of we do get one, but there’s definitely a chance with all the eevee stuff going on.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So what early rodent is getting a regional tomorrow? I hope sentret because a furret evolution would be cool.

If we don’t get the rodent that’s now a regional, then I’m thinking they give us the regional tauros or maybe a new eevee.

Now idea on what type of we do get one, but there’s definitely a chance with all the eevee stuff going on.
Furret deserves some love.

Raticate’s the OG, and it has an Alola form.
Linoone has a Galar form and an evolution.
Bibarel is famous for being the best HM user in existence.
Watchog deserved nothing.
And Diggersby, Gumshoos, and Greedent are all relatively recent.

Give Furret something. It’s too damn cute to go ignored!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Furret needs no fancy form

all it need is walk

this is the trailer for tomorrow, I leaked it early, enjoy

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Useless in competitive play
Barely appears in the anime
Barely has any merchandise (although it did eventually get a life-sized plush)

Honestly you'd think a Pokemon like it would be less popular than it actually is.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The memes revitalized it.
It was decently popular before that AFAIK.
idk I just think it's neat
And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just funny to me that Furret is as popular as it is, seeing as it has all the traits that would make a Pokemon unpopular/indicate it is.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Given what the Sonic cast does on a daily basis, they should be given more muscle definition.

Give Sonic leg muscles, give Amy and Knuckles some biceps, and Tails should have the strongest glutes known to man.

Eggman's already perfect tho.
After all, why would Eggman need muscles when he has a GUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom