• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I’m watching Demon Slayer, and-

"My body feels... light. Is it because of this man's voice?" - The Protagonist, referring to a character Matthew Mercer voices.

Don't worry that's what happens when I hear Matthew Mercer speaking too.
Plot of that one Fire Emblem Fates DLC in a nutshell

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm not the person to ask, i always date Makoto.

Sometimes in JRPG's there's something i end up doing in my first run that ends up sticking with me so much that i do it everytime i revisit the game, starting with Torchic in Hoenn, getting a Guilmon in Digimon games, dating Makoto in P5 is that thing here.
well it definitely shows your loyalty in a way

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I finally beat Classic at 9.9 (As practice for Corrin) and I also ended up using a hammer for the challenge that gives me the Lugia spirit

Now I just need to beat every battle in WoL to get the Dragoon spirit and get every base game (Pre DLC) spirit

Then it's coin grinding for said DLC spirits in the shop

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OK so anime related question. And I think its partly on why I'm not watching anime as much. Might be b'ed.

I'm really not a fan of subs that don't use the Japanese honorifics. In fact I'm finding it a bit insulting in a way and it's getting to me. If you are watching anime subbed and don't know what the basics like san, kun and chan mean then I'm a little sad.

Is it normal to be turned off over something this?
Just annoying with Crunchyroll especially when they have no excuse to not use honorifics in the subbing.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
OK so anime related question. And I think its partly on why I'm not watching anime as much. Might be b'ed.

I'm really not a fan of subs that don't use the Japanese honorifics. In fact I'm finding it a bit insulting in a way and it's getting to me. If you are watching anime subbed and don't know what the basics like san, kun and chan mean then I'm a little sad.

Just annoying with Crunchyroll especially when they have no excuse to not use honorifics in the subbing.
I think it is normal since it is matter of preference. Since I don't mind subs not using honorifics.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm not even a huge fan of his content but Markiplier punch and "Was that the bite of 87?!" never fail to make me laugh for some reason.
Yeah, you're right.

I don't even know the context behind it but his delivery was perfect.
It's when FNAF 4 was first released. Basically, that moment was when Markiplier saw the first ending to FNAF 4 when the main kid gets his head "bitten" by Fredbear(which was caused by the kid crying and breathing on the springlocks in Fredbear's mouth).
This was before more lore was found in FNAF 4 that confirmed that the year in the game wasn't 1987, meaning it was a different incident. But before that lore was found, the Bite of '87 was a constantly talked about event in the previous games. This was pretty much the reaction of the majority of people who first saw the ending to FNAF 4. Like if you're wondering why Markiplier's delivery sounds perfect and genuine, that's because it was, in fact, genuine.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It feels weird not to do it lol
I can respect it. Hell I’ve been trying to move on from those two forever now out of variety, so I ended up dating Takemi…then that somehow lead to me hanging out with them over Joker’s girlfriend

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
They're deleting characters and tracks.

Reactions: Z25

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Where's that tweet where a translator absolutely went off at people complaining about translations denying them a hit of endorphins by recognising untranslated words and phrases?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

When I was playing Persona, I thougt the honorfics were a tad annoying. Not terrible or anything, but I would have gone without. If there was an American show getting dubbed in Japan that was 98% localized but still had people saying "sir" and "mam", I think that would be annoying too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Finally, they're patching in the scrapped gun item.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bad Omens came out with a new single a while ago and I hadn't been paying attention. Well, they changed genres again and now they're straight metalcore.

It sounds pretty good though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW
I’m watching Demon Slayer, and-

"My body feels... light. Is it because of this man's voice?" - The Protagonist, referring to a character Matthew Mercer voices.

Don't worry that's what happens when I hear Matthew Mercer speaking too.
Yusuke/JoJo/Chrom Buddy cop franchise needed
Wonder Woman

osby

Smash Obsessed
When I was playing Persona, I thougt the honorfics were a tad annoying. Not terrible or anything, but I would have gone without. If there was an American show getting dubbed in Japan that was 98% localized but still had people saying "sir" and "mam", I think that would be annoying too.
I can see why that might be an issue but I've read books that left English honorifics like Mr. or Ms. untranslated and I don't really find them distracting if there's no direct equivalent in my language.

I already know that characters are supposed so speak in a foreign language so it's not a deal breaker for me.

That being said, Persona does localizes honorifics inconsistently and that can be annoying.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Screenshot_20220124-235646_Twitter.jpg

The world's ending

Team Rocket has gained control of Kanto and johto
Cyrus successfully made a new universe,
Maxie and Archie successfully dried up and flooded the world
Lysandre successfully nuked everyone
Ghetsis successfully committed child murder

All because GF made a good game

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, it finally snowed this night and my cats are freaking out because of it. It's going to be a fun day.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 343565
The world's ending

Team Rocket has gained control of Kanto and johto
Cyrus successfully made a new universe,
Maxie and Archie successfully dried up and flooded the world
Lysandre successfully nuked everyone
Ghetsis successfully committed child murder

All because GF made a good game
It’s ending for me anyway. Mostly because they made this specific game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It’s ending for me anyway. Mostly because they made this specific game.
I mean, I used to joke about it but it really seems like companies are going to milk this open/semi-open world trend for what it's worth because it seems like a certain way to get big positive fan reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom