• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Pokemon fans to Sonic fans
View attachment 343531
"You Say Run" starts playin' as soon as the first gameplay trailer drops and not only do Sonic fans rush to complain about it, the Forces Model will still be there to start complaining about the Forces Model, complaining about complaining about the Forces model, and complaining about complaining about complaining about the Forces model all anew.

I believe in us, Sonic Fans. We CAN be the worst. The absolutely most obnoxious, opinionated, unsatisfiable, unsatiable, rabid group of gremlins the world has ever seen.

Now get out there and yell about his eyes again, for me.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Turns out that DistantKingdom actually loves PLA so this is actually gonna be the greatest gane of all time.

Plus, he will run out if material since he can't complain anymore so a win-win. Pokemon fans are finally eating good.
I mean, this game Is what he asked for when you payed attention to His videos so why would he complain?

We're good, For now.
At least until we get the Pokémon equivalent To Sonic colors.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, this game Is what he asked for when you payed attention to His videos so why would he complain?
I never willingly watched his vid. He may have had some good points but nah he sucks lol.
At least until we get the Pokémon equivalent To Sonic colors.
That's not a bad thing

SolarPCG

Banned via Administration
I recently got an MRI scan to see where the safest and most efficient areas to perform surgery on my sunken in chest would be. Due to the grinding and jerking of many different moving parts within the machine, the scanning process creates an unholy amount of noise. It made so much noise, the nurses had to give me noise cancelling headphones, with music, to block out enough of the sound to prevent genuine discomfort.

Mother****ers had me listening to Dance Monkey on loop for 20 minutes.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
FREEDOM

*THE most recognizable hero across the infiniverse

cause let’s be real…Spidey is definitely more known than Batman and Superman (and richer…despite Peter being broke and Miles living with his parents so that he doesn’t have to worry about money like that)
Fair enough and I agree with your statement. I still wished that I could watch Spider-Man: No Way Home last month but unfortunately due to the rising cases that had happened in my country prevented me from doing so (to be honest I'm not really sure if it will be safe for me to go in to theaters this year which depends on how the situation goes as the months goes by.)

Anyways, although it may be a long way until the next Spider-Man film is in the works and I have already seen a couple of fan-castings stating that they predict Anya Taylor-Joy would be a suitable fit to portray Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat. Who do you think should be casted for the role?

MooMew64

TBH the only post-Colors era game I disliked was Boom for obvious reasons.

• Colors is my fav Sonic and I gush about it constantly, no need to repeat what I've already said about why I like it.
  • Generations is peak Boost Sonic gameplay and is only under Colors for me because it's a bit short. Probably has the best modding community, tied with Mania's.
  • Lost World is fine. My biggest gripe is that it aesthetically doesn't "feel" like a Sonic game, but the gameplay style is rad, shame it'll never be experimented with again due to how violently the fanbase reacted to it. Parkour was cool.
  • Boom stinky.
  • Forces is mediocre. Becomes okay with mods. Actually pretty fun to speedrun due to its shorter nature.

TBH I am completely in the camp that people overexaggerate post 2010's Sonic's stinkers: Boom is the only one of these I'd say is anywhere close to the dumpster fires that SEGA gave us from Shadow, 06, and Secret Rings.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean considering the response to Colors Ultimate's reveal, the good scores of the original Colors, and the sheer disappointment if Colors Ultimate's launch, I think it's safe to say that a good majority if Sonic fans do have postive thoughts and regards to Colors.

In other words hadokeyblade is an outlier in that regard.

MooMew64

I mean considering the response to Colors Ultimate's reveal, the good scores of the original Colors, and the sheer disappointment if Colors Ultimate's launch, I think it's safe to say that a good majority if Sonic fans do have postive thoughts and regards to Colors.

In other words hadokeyblade is an outlier in that regard.
TBH Hadokey isn't really too much of an outlier, Colors has earned a bit of a hatebase after Forces.

Mainly because people for some reason thought Colors somehow spawned Forces, which to me personally is ??? but okay, to each their own.

Although, I will say that 99% of the Colors hate I see comes from Unleashed fans.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
it is so *ing funny how PLA is beeing freely streamed on twich and twitch is doing * all to stop it
Twitch is letting people stream straight up entire seasons of anime with no little to no consequence. So this isn’t surprising in the slightest.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah, i genuinely think it's as mediocre as Lost world and Forces.

Because all three games follow the exact same tone and level of cringe.

This game is art

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Hold up, this game is coming to PS4? I thought this was a next gen only title?

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Most of Colors' hate comes from the game going for a lighthearted and less serious tone. As we all know, Shadow trying to assassinate the president while Nickleback or whatever blares full blast is what this franchise was supposed to be about.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I recently got an MRI scan to see where the safest and most efficient areas to perform surgery on my sunken in chest would be. Due to the grinding and jerking of many different moving parts within the machine, the scanning process creates an unholy amount of noise. It made so much noise, the nurses had to give me noise cancelling headphones, with music, to block out enough of the sound to prevent genuine discomfort.

Mother****ers had me listening to Dance Monkey on loop for 20 minutes.

Boy, lucky that song slaps then.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So finally got round to starting Princess Connect ReDive Season 2 and man, while they reused Season 1's song for the OP, it has absolutely amazing animation.

I love the anime and it's premise of a fantasy food adventure is amazing (sets it apart from other similar looking shows), they really should have made it into more a slice of life anime. They try to throw a serious plot in there but its too shoehorned.

Loving it though.

This game is art

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Still looks very off to me for some reason. I want to be excited for it but something is preventing me from doing so.

A great idea on paper (FF1 remake with Souls-combat) but the whole dark feel and other stuff just makes me very weary.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Tin foil hat time:

The similarities between mainline 3D Sonic and mainline 3D Pokemon

SA1/Generation 6: The first attempt at 3D, pretty fun but could use a lot of work, both feature a water Kaiju and the destruction of old civilizations as a central conflict.

SA2/Sun and Moon: The focus was more on story than it was adventure so the end result was the most linear game to date, both involve a blonde girl and her alien friend, said alien friend unlocks a super form and saves the world, the game involves a seemingly good scientist going evil and serving as the main antagonist of the story. A post game unlock involves the player going back to where it allbegan: A fight with Gary or a trip to Green hill zone.

Heroes/ Lets go: An innocent return to basics sort of game with nothing really offensive about it

06/Sword and shield: Kill it with fire

Secret rings/BDSP: Has it's fans but also a lot of detractors, people will forget this game exists in 5 years

Unleashed/Legends: There's actual ambition featured here.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
All Sonic games are bad actually.
Sonic 1: No Tails
Sonic 2: Good luck getting the Chaos Emeralds
Sonic 3: Incomplete
Sonic and Knuckles: DLC that's half the game
Sonic 4: Obsolete
Sonic Adventure: Rocky History into 3D
Sonic Adventure 2: Rocky History 2
Advenced series: Sega forgot Cream
Sonic Heroes: Team Chaotix but no Mighty
Shadow: Bad
Rush: Sega forgot Blaze.
Sonic 06: Bad
Secret Rings: Bad
Unleashed: Werehog
Black Knight: Wii game
Colors: Not Unleashed
Generations: Nostalgia Pandering
Lost World: Mario rip-off
Boom: Bad
Mania: Nostalgia Pandering
Forces: Character Assassination + Classic Sonic
Frontiers: BoTW rip-off

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade I need your help on figuring out this life and death equation…
date Makoto for the 5th time or Kawakami for the 5th time…or date everyone?
Fair enough and I agree with your statement. I still wished that I could watch Spider-Man: No Way Home last month but unfortunately due to the rising cases that had happened in my country prevented me from doing so (to be honest I'm not really sure if it will be safe for me to go in to theaters this year which depends on how the situation goes as the months goes by.)

Anyways, although it may be a long way until the next Spider-Man film is in the works and I have already seen a couple of fan-castings stating that they predict Anya Taylor-Joy would be a suitable fit to portray Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat. Who do you think should be casted for the role?
I legit haven’t really thought too much about who I’d wanna see as Black Cat tbh. When it comes to women in the Spidey side of the MCU, my brain straight went to Ghost-Spider Gwen being played by Dove Cameron.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade I need your help on figuring out this life and death equation…
date Makoto for the 5th time or Kawakami for the 5th time…or date everyone?

I legit haven’t really thought too much about who I’d wanna see as Black Cat tbh. When it comes to women in the Spidey side of the MCU, my brain straight went to Ghost-Spider Gwen being played by Dove Cameron.
I'm not the person to ask, i always date Makoto.

Sometimes in JRPG's there's something i end up doing in my first run that ends up sticking with me so much that i do it everytime i revisit the game, starting with Torchic in Hoenn, getting a Guilmon in Digimon games, dating Makoto in P5 is that thing here.

MooMew64

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So since we had a spirit event earlier this week with one new spirit, you think we'll get another one this week with Pokemon Legends Arceus coming out as well?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
All Sonic games are bad actually.
Sonic 1: No Tails
Sonic 2: Good luck getting the Chaos Emeralds
Sonic 3: Incomplete
Sonic and Knuckles: DLC that's half the game
Sonic 4: Obsolete
Sonic Adventure: Rocky History into 3D
Sonic Adventure 2: Rocky History 2