• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Here is some good news about Sega.

I wouldn't celebrate quite yet given there's still an "if" there, but at the very least, it's better than Sqaure Enix's "Yeah we know this sucks and you all hate it, but go actually jump in a lake and cry about it, we're gonna waste a crud-ton of energy for money baybeeeeeeeee SHINRA HOMIES WHERE YOU AT".

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wouldn't celebrate quite yet given there's still an "if" there, but at the very least, it's better than Sqaure Enix's "Yeah we know this sucks and you all hate it, but go actually jump in a lake and cry about it, we're gonna waste a crud-ton of energy for money baybeeeeeeeee SHINRA HOMIES WHERE YOU AT".
Yeah, I did miss that part, honestly. You never know what will happen, but at least they aren't responding the Squarenix way, as you said.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yeah, I did miss that part, honestly. You never know what will happen, but at least they aren't responding the Squarenix way, as you said.
The fact they even said anything about it instead of telling everyone to bug off is a good sign, but still, don't let up, let your voice be heard that you don't want blockchain in your Sega products.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The fact they even said anything about it instead of telling everyone to bug off is a good sign, but still, don't let up, let your voice be heard that you don't want blockchain in your Sega products.
Come to think of it, maybe there could be people who will, say, manipulate Sega into thinking it is NOT simple money making just to get them on board?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I do often like to speculate as well as provide my own fan casting on who I would like to see being casted for roles within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
That’s normal, I’m just surprised that Selena is only being brought up MCU wise now

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Whose next? Queen Elizabeth?
Please god no. I don't want hear the drowns of moans and cries from the British areas.
It would sound like a fog horn met a Chihuahua squealing while God Save the Queen plays in the background for five days straight.

#OnlyNorthernIrishProblems

I get that enough already around parade season.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tbh it's funny we talk about Pokemon a ****ton yet people barely talk about Legends beyond Wario Bros counting down to it's release. I might buy it but I'll wait until the new Kirby is out so I can use NSO vouchers
Oh yeah y’all still get to use those. :031:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
IDK why but it's funny complaining about stuff to do with my country while having an anime pfp.

Makes me a strange anomaly.

=========================================

Speaking of which. I am gonna start branching out into new pfps. Hololive is one.
I would go for gaming landscape screenshots but those my Zoom calls stuff. This is my current one for them from Horizon:

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20210322005356.jpg

Most of my western game/movie ones scare confuse people like my one from The Outer Worlds and give me bad luck everywhere except from Men in Black and Wayne's World.

I'll stick with anime girls, JRPGs/visual novels and branch into Hololive. Maybe add another male to the mix. Anyways. I've got to go to bed................Zoom class calls. Just need the brother to shut up first.

Sees you in the afternoon.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still stand with what I say. Ghost dogs like Zero and Polterpup would be great to have.

Never would have to worry about them getting sick, having health issues, no taking them to the vet for shots and vet bills, ever growing old, outliving them (Granted they'd technically be dead but you get what I mean), and them ever being in any danger. The fact too they never would need to eat and drink.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still stand with what I say. Ghost dogs like Zero and Polterpup would be great to have.

Never would have to worry about them getting sick, having health issues, no taking them to the vet for shots and vet bills, ever-growing old, outliving them (Granted they'd technically be dead but you get what I mean), and them ever being in any danger. The fact too they never would need to eat and drink.
But can you pet one? Hug one? Give them kisses? Belly scratches?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Sorry, I was going to post this sooner, but then I had to get my bedroom re-done for some time.
I just hope FE17 doesn't keep the trend of the OC protagonist again. Can we just get, like, a fleshed-out person? We haven't had one since 2005. :ike:
I don't see it stopping considering the popularity of them. Not to mention that Fire Emblem 7 is practically bound to have the Tactician Mark become a playable character.
Ok, so I never played Fire Emblem in my life, I'm just familiar with the characters, so can someone answer this for me:

Was Camilla a good character? I get mixed signals from the fanbase.
To be as nice as possible, she had some good ideas that were really overshadowed by "big and obsessed sister". And that's most of Fates' writing in general. Camilla isn't the only one who suffers from it.

Basically, the reason why Camilla is doting and protective is that she's trying to be the mother that her own mother wasn't. Her mother was part of a slew of concubines of Garon who were practically having an inner civil/power war with each other, trying to be Garon's "favourite" that wasn't his main wife(the first being Xander's mother, then followed by Arete, Azura's mother). To Camilla's mother(and also for Leo and Elise's mothers), she was nothing more than a pawn and a tool. Like, you see Camilla, Leo and Elise, all born from different mothers and being Xander's half-siblings, but it's implied that there were more siblings that were killed in this inner power struggle.
Camilla is basically trying to be a good motherly/sisterly figure that her own mother wasn't to her. And her obsession of taking care of her siblings and not wanting to be alone likely comes from her mother's neglect and possibly losing siblings she was good with. In her own ending, and what could be implied in Birthright's ending, she leaves her royal life to build an orphanage for orphans who suffered from the war. And there are a couple scenes where her obsession doesn't overtake her.
In Birthright, when she is defeated the first time, she almost listens to Corrin's reasoning until Leo came and let his anger stop them from reasoning. In Conquest, she is quite aware of what Garon will do to his children who try to get in his way and tries her best to keep Corrin safe, and even admits in Revelation that Garon would kill her if she didn't kill Corrin, which eventually leads to her joining Corrin.
But this is heavily overshadowed by her other writing which depicts her as being very obsessed, especially with Corrin. She has two supports which have her using other characters as a relay to send Corrin her doting messages. And her supports with Jakob and Ryoma are practically them doing a stand-off on who takes care of Corrin better. Only a couple supports don't involve Corrin or her obsession with Corrin, which include Xander, Elise, Odin/Owain, Laslow/Inigo, Benny, Keaton, Kaze and whoever her child is. The support that reveals about her mother and the other concubines is from Niles and, aside from Leo and Elise's conversation with each other, is the only mention about the inner war between the concubines.

And that really goes to show just how bad, and how very mishandled and lost potential, the story writing and some of the writing in general is. There are many times when the characters act very different from what they are portrayed as and there are so many background mentions that look like they should be focused on, but aren't. Birthright literally mentions, one time, only one time, that the reason why Nohr is mainly fighting with Hoshido is because they are low on resources, especially with food, and need more or their people will practically be starving. And when Ryoma is told this, he is quite willing to help. You would think this would be mentioned in Conquest where you join Nohr, but no, it's not mentioned once, despite the fact that it provides one of the main motivations behind Nohr. They also mention factions in Hoshido who did not like Queen Mikoto and you would think that could be used as something for Birthright and Conquest, where a rogue faction could've helped Garon with killing Mikoto, or a rogue faction could've tried getting in charge after her death, but no, they are only mentioned in one or two supports.
And Camilla is probably one of the most tamest when it comes between her story and support writing. The supports are mostly where her obsession comes from and aside from two moments in Birthright and one in Conquest, she's actually quite tame. If anything, the ones who suffer the most from the difference between story writing and support writing, it's frickin' Ryoma and especially Xander. Like good god, those two suffered the most from the story writing that fans split them into Story Xander/Ryoma and Support Xander/Ryoma.
And like while Corrin gets alot of heck for the "plot problems" regarding Conquest and Revelation, when you look at the story, aside from the two "plot points", Corrin doesn't really do anything. They hardly can do anything. Like people complain about Corrin being treated by the other characters as a character who can do no wrong, but the writing is either people just being friendly/fine with Corrin or being downright vicious to them. Like not just the story, but even a couple of supports have the characters start out quite vicious with Corrin, which is understandable with Takumi, Saizo and Oboro, but then you have Hana who literally blames him for something not in their control.
Like if you choose Birthright, Corrin is understandably pissed with Garon for losing Gunter and their mother and Xander has the frickin' gull to tell them they've been brainwashed and in most of the interactions between them and their siblings, aside from Elise and somewhat of Camilla, Xander and Leo don't really even give Corrin a chance to even speak. But aside from Xander and somewhat Leo, Birthright is pretty straightforward though and has the least plot/character issues.
Conquest is somewhat understandable for the reactions, especially from Takumi, who's angry at Corrin and feels like they are responsible for Mikoto's death, but while it starts out tame and Ryoma and Yukimura seem to get Corrin's intentions somewhat early on, Ryoma gets a very out of character moment for his first meeting with Corrin after the choice in which he tries to bribe Corrin to come back to Hoshido in exchange for saving Elise's life from a fever, which is very different from his willingness to help Nohr when he finds out about their resource problem. Then it gets to the worse written parts of Conquest, where bad plot points come in and logic gets somewhat thrown out the window. Then you have the meeting between the siblings where they are just being assholes to each other and Xander and Ryoma are especially out of character. And once again, Corrin is hardly able to even talk to them without being interrupted. And then you have the infamous moment where when Corrin is trying to get his siblings to see Garon for what he truly is and Xander threatens to kill him if Corrin's wrong only to say in the very next scene that reveals Garon's true form that he was suspicious of Garon for a while. Like....what the **** writers?
And while Revelations is a trainwreck of writing in general, the beginning part is easily the most vicious on Corrin when they choose to go with neither side. Like good god, Corrin is likely an emotional wreck after losing Gunter and his mother, but Xander and Ryoma give hardly any reasoning to why they fight right after aside from stopping the other side from taking them and then when Corrin stops the battle between them, they have the nerve to go, "Woe is us, there is no hope for our sibling." And after that, Xander, Leo and Ryoma are once again pretty damn rough on Corrin. Like, it says alot when Takumi is somewhat more forgiving on Corrin in Revelations compared to those three.
But that and the rest of Revelations aside, what the frick' was up with that Revelations choice scene? Why make Xander and Ryoma so frickin' vicious to Corrin? You literally could've had Corrin talk about losing Gunter and his mother and the brothers seeing their sibling's emotional state and wanting to help their sibling, but are unable to with the other side wanting to take them. And then when Corrin stops the battle between them, they could've questioned Corrin first and then after seeing just how much on a frail, but defiant state Corrin is in, Xander, with hardly any choice, has to declare Corrin as an enemy to try and coerce them into going back to Nohr and Ryoma has to do the same since Corrin is not willing to help them right now. That would've made the brothers so much more likeable as it would've shown that they wanted to help Corrin with how much suffering they've been through, but can't when they are unwilling to side with them. But no, we end up getting them being incredibly petty about Corrin stopping the fight between them.

Like.....you can easily see the issues with Fates' writing and trash the characters, but when you actually look for detail, aside from the "plot points", Corrin is probably one of Fates' smaller issues.
So that aside and returning to Camilla, Camilla is a character who has a legitimately interesting backstory and had the potential to be a good character, but gets too much focus on her obsession and being "Ms. Fanservice" and as a result, is very one-sided. Like I don't think Fire Emblem Heroes even mentions any of her background history once, compared to a whole bunch of other characters who have and it's very clear that IS even looks at her more as "Ms. Fanservice."

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'mma be real with ya'll

I love BDSP

Game is actually rad

But I do not vibe with the Gen 4 dex, lol
Gen 4 dex isn't bad in my opinion, not by any means, it's just not really my cup of tea. There's a few here and there that I like, though. Just glad I'm not the only one, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom