• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning my gamers
How far are you into DGS?
I'm in the final stretch of the fourth case. It's kinda repetitive ngl
I’m sorry I don’t like their designs I guess. They all start out cute but then they evolve into needlessly aggressively edgy teenage boy pandering garbage.
Looks at my taste in Pokémon
1636703794625.png

Huh, Japan portrays Peter Pan quite differently

I love how Sakurai can't put Disney references in his game but posting images that reference them is fair game

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Binding of Isaac got an awesome update and I didn’t even realize despite playing it last night.

Better Tainted Azazel gameplay (which I already experienced but I wasn’t sure if it was an update because I was using mods though none were said to change him so idk should’ve known I guess), better Tainted Jacob (still sounds hard but you won’t have to worry about Dark Esau dying anymore + his charge ignores boss armor, you won’t die from him hitting you if you’re invulnerable, and I think he won’t block your attacks so actually fun instead of a burden; also, health-up items will work while in ghost form), sorta better Tainted Lazarus, Birthright effects for every character, can see Holy Mantle and the Lost’s health on the HUD (experienced this too but wasn’t sure for the same reason as Tainted Azazel and this time I was actually using a Lost health mod), heck yeah.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, I noticed something in Deltarune, again.

You know how the Man Behind The Tree give you a egg if you talk to him?

You may know too that Spamton refer to his Pipis as eggs at one point.

Do you also know the very first time he use said eggs in his boss fight?

That's right, after he talked to "someone" on the phone. What's better is that the very first Pipis always come out of the phone. (all the other come from Spamton handcannon)

Shroob

Sup?
The Binding of Isaac got an awesome update and I didn’t even realize despite playing it last night.

Better Tainted Azazel gameplay (which I already experienced but I wasn’t sure if it was an update because I was using mods though none were said to change him so idk should’ve known I guess), better Tainted Jacob (still sounds hard but you won’t have to worry about Dark Esau dying anymore + his charge ignores boss armor, you won’t die from him hitting you if you’re invulnerable, and I think he won’t block your attacks so actually fun instead of a burden), sorta better Tainted Lazarus, Birthright effects for every character, can see Holy Mantle and the Lost’s health on the HUD (experienced this too but wasn’t sure for the same reason as Tainted Azazel and this time I was actually using a Lost health mod), heck yeah.
Birthright gives T.Jacob a 2nd Esau

Fun

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Birthright gives T.Jacob a 2nd Esau

Fun
yeah I haven’t actually played his updated gameplay yet I just got excited because him dying to enemies and stuff made it less fun imo. At least the second Esau only charges when the other one does + they stay by each other (I think?), also double boss weapons :>

edit: also I think Gnawed Leaf and similar items are now good for Tainted Jacob.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It's the battle between DC and Marvel films next year as each is getting 5 films.

DC:
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
Black Adam
DC League of Super-Pets
The Batman
The Flash

vs.

Marvel:
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Into the Spider-Verse 2
Morbius
Thor: Love and Thunder

Are you Team DC or Team Marvel?
I'm more on the Marvel side even though the one that I remain unsure of is Morbius.

The only DC project that interests me is Batman.

Anyways the Disney+ day presentations are today and I am eager to see what is in store for Marvel Studios.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I had a real scare this morning. My dad was calling for me and I saw him lying in his bathroom bleeding heavily from his ankle. I quickly got my mom to help. Fortunately she is a doctor so knew what to do and was able to get him to the hospital. Still that sight shook me. He did the majority of my homeschooling and was always there to help. To think the last thing we did together was see Eternals in the theater.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh

that He-Man CGI show

despite the iffy Overwatch trailer lookin cgi I heard the writing is actually really good??

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I had a real scare this morning. My dad was calling for me and I saw him lying in his bathroom bleeding heavily from his ankle. I quickly got my mom to help. Fortunately she is a doctor so knew what to do and was able to get him to the hospital. Still that sight shook me. He did the majority of my homeschooling and was always there to help. To think the last thing we did together was see Eternals in the theater.
Good on you two for taking action ASAP.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Theres finally a release date for the Sakura Wars DLC in SRW.
ea95c338edbca84ded2542569bf30b48.jpg

Soon my girl will be on the Switch.

Finished the fourth case of DGS

Holy **** it got better by the end
lol The characters from this case come back in the second half of the game.

Reactions: ---

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not often that I post here, since I mostly prefer to talk about games and whatnot. But I need a place somewhat more appropriate to, what would be the more appropriate word here....not exactly vent since I'm not venting frustration or anger, but to release some tension after having the most "Creepypasta" induced dreams I've ever had. Like far from bad "Creepypasta" and like, legitimately unnerving and good "Creepypasta". Like good lord.
Man, it's a shame there isn't a memory picture maker or something that created pictures of what you dreamed about cause I feel pretty sure my dream had potential to be a pretty big "Creepypasta".

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars
i could really use a wish right now wish right now wish right now

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars
i could really use a wish right now wish right now wish right now
Oh hey Pyra, how you're doing-

Wait

What are you doing with that glock.

Pyra! PYRA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AQUA SCREAM.jpg

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, to osby osby and Shroob Shroob and any other Persona/SMT fans, if we were to get characters from mainline SMT games in a hypothetical Persona 5 Arena, which ones would you want to see?
I don't think mainline SMT characters really fit into Persona, tbh. If I have to pick one, Kazuya (at the beginning of the game) feels like the best choice for the story, since he's still a regular high school student who just happens to be involved in the apocalypse. Nahobino and Demi-fiend would probably make more interesting fighters, though.

Not often that I post here, since I mostly prefer to talk about games and whatnot. But I need a place somewhat more appropriate to, what would be the more appropriate word here....not exactly vent since I'm not venting frustration or anger, but to release some tension after having the most "Creepypasta" induced dreams I've ever had. Like far from bad "Creepypasta" and like, legitimately unnerving and good "Creepypasta". Like good lord.
Man, it's a shame there isn't a memory picture maker or something that created pictures of what you dreamed about cause I feel pretty sure my dream had potential to be a pretty big "Creepypasta".
You can pobably just post it here with a spoiler warning for a potentially sensitive subject.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't think mainline SMT characters really fit into Persona, tbh. If I have to pick one, Kazuya (at the beginning of the game) feels like the best choice for the story, since he's still a regular high school student who just happens to be involved in the apocalypse. Nahobino and Demi-fiend would probably make more interesting fighters, though.

You can pobably just post it here with a spoiler warning for a potentially sensitive subject.
Treat em like non-cannon guest characters then. But I see your point either way.

KillerCage

Smash Master
My dad came back from the hospital and is up walking around. It seems the bleeding was due to varicose veins, but wasn't that serious. Still the incident left me to rattled to go to work.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Treat em like non-cannon guest characters then. But I see your point either way.
I mean, I think other MegaTen characters could make more fitting guests, like Tamaki Uchida (since SMT if was the inspiration behind Persona and she appeared in P1-2) or Raidou Kuzunoha (who was referenced in Persona a couple of times).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of SMT:

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcases demon is of the Beast race:

“Me Beast Hairy Jack. WOOF! Me is shaggy but me have strong bite.”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: British mythology. Hairy Jack is a kind of black dog, a supernatural entity that appears as an unusually large canine with glowing eyes and omens of death. They may be malevolent but not always directly hurt humans and may even guard them in some cases. Hairy Jack is a ghost that haunts abandoned fields and villages in the countryside. It has a gentle nature and is seen as a spiritual protector but also attacks strangers who pass by his territory.

Skills: Beastial Bite, Sukunda, Roar

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Haunt race.

SMT says Hairy Jack is also known as Barghest, but from what I gathered, it seems they are two different black hounds. Hairy Jack is pretty new, with its earliest documentation being from the 20th century. It’s not a demonic hellhound, but a territorial dog who occasionally helps people. I think its design is rather plain but still very cute.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Jesus Christ the budget looks even lowerer then the first movie did. What the **** happened!?

Also this couldn't had been just a Disney+ series? Feels more like it would have.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Jesus Christ the budget looks even lowerer then the first movie did. What the **** happened!?

Also this couldn't had been just a Disney+ series? Feels more like it would have.
What I am upset about is that they apparently closed Ice Age's creator, Blue Sky Studios. That must be a new low for Disney.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seriously though. Let this franchise finally go extinct already. They've milked it out as they already have.

The first three will always be the only ones canon to me, though at the same time the first film feels like it could have been better being standalone.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Heard of both and interested in the former, but currently not in the mood to watch either.

What makes Big City Greens so appealing to you?
Hilarious, writing that doesn't take itself seriously, and lovable/silly characters (officer Keys is one of my favorite characters)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is low even for Disney though. They have the nerve to buy out and shut down Blue Sky Studios yet proceed to keep making sequels of their properties.

This is what I mean when I say Disney is the Roman Empire of cinema. As the Roman Empire expanded, the more land they took.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom