• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Late on this, but favorite starters for me are:

Gen 1: Blastoise
Gen 2: Feraligatr
Gen 3: Sceptile
Gen 4: Torterra
Gen 5: Samurott/Serperior
Gen 6: Greninja
Gen 7: Decidueye
Gen 8: Inteleon

Huh, I just realized I don't have a favorite Fire Starter.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
TFatWS turned Bucky into a joke by having him be a lame sidekick to Sam and getting his ass kicked 24-7 by dumpy teenagers with super soldier serum (that shouldn't exist anymore but "LOL, just have some guy discover how to make more! Brilliant!") and it forced racial issues into the story despite race never being an issue in earlier MCU outings. The show also wasted Walker's interesting character arc by having him end up being all buddy buddy with Sam and Bucky in the span of five minutes.

And Loki was just super disappointing because I love Loki as a character, but he wasn't nearly as cunning or mischievous as his other appearances and it felt like he was only there to prop up Sylvia and make her look better.
For Sam’s part, shouldn’t be forgotten that even if there hasn’t been shown racism issues onscreen before, it shouldn’t be ignored, especially with the same guy that has dealt with racism a lot as a hero (even during his time as Cap, which is the comic series the show is mainly based on…and man did lots of people have an issue with a black man holding the shield). It’s also pretty important to have a black superhero in live action to look up to and show off these problems to put down as much as possible (especially when it’s Captain America).
also Marvel has been doing things like this since the 70s, cause with and without Stan Lee they despise racism to their core
Then with Bucky it’s about humanizing him, and sure that may make him look weak, but he’s also doing his best to not go around murdering people. Plus…he’s been embarrassed way worse outside of the MCU (should’ve seen the time when the New Avengers outside of Spidey trashed his house by being slops…or him being easily laid out by quite a few bit of people). Walker is most likely on okay terms now that he isn’t fully bat**** crazy, but in no means will he go completely Buddy Buddy. Just a mere respect to the chosen Louisiana Hero.

As for Loki, he’s simply growing up into a better man. Same thing happened in the comics, and now he’s currently the most trusted man on Asgard besides King Thor. As for Sylvie looking better, it’s less about that and more so about breaking both them down mentally and emotionally, as well as pulling a big ol trigger on Kang and the multiverse…

…and best girl Miss Minutes
overall they’re just following the important key points and character progressions of the 3 characters, and keeping the more grounded heroes as realistic and as personal as possible (especially after George Floyd and way too many other unfortunate moments involving the black community) and for Loki…idk…as godly and British as possible

Paraster

Smash Lord
TFatWS turned Bucky into a joke by having him be a lame sidekick to Sam and getting his ass kicked 24-7 by dumpy teenagers with super soldier serum (that shouldn't exist anymore but "LOL, just have some guy discover how to make more! Brilliant!") and it forced racial issues into the story despite race never being an issue in earlier MCU outings. The show also wasted Walker's interesting character arc by having him end up being all buddy buddy with Sam and Bucky in the span of five minutes.

And Loki was just super disappointing because I love Loki as a character, but he wasn't nearly as cunning or mischievous as his other appearances and it felt like he was only there to prop up Sylvia and make her look better.
I think the "forced in racial issues" claim is off-base. This statement implies that if a story doesn't start off exploring deeper issues, it should never do so, and this idea can only serve to arbitrarily restrict stories.

On top of that, I'd argue TFatWS's exploration of race is interesting both from a real-life perspective (these are real issues that are glossed over a lot) and a storytelling perspective (the concept of Legacy Characters/Affirmative Action Legacy, as TV Tropes puts it, is often just used without exploring the deeper implications of it; TFatWS serves as an intriguing deconstruction while ultimately still affirming its legitimacy).

Also, your claims about Bucky's depiction imply (possibly unintentionally, I'll admit) this is all he gets, ignoring everything about his therapy, guilt, tension with Zemo, and conflict with the Dora Milaje.

I do agree, though, that Walker's conclusion was rushed and that Loki was disappointing (leaned too close to drama on the "dramedy" scale to me; felt like it was more occupied with setting up the multiverse than taking advantage of the promised "fun with time travel" premise).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If the MCU hasn't tackled race issues before FatWS then I have to wonder what exactly people thought Black Panther was about because the themes in that film were as subtle as an explosion

Y'all

I hate to admit it but

The League of Legends show, Arcane?

It's really good
Death

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think the "forced in racial issues" claim is off-base. This statement implies that if a story doesn't start off exploring deeper issues, it should never do so, and this idea can only serve to arbitrarily restrict stories.

On top of that, I'd argue TFatWS's exploration of race is interesting both from a real-life perspective (these are real issues that are glossed over a lot) and a storytelling perspective (the concept of Legacy Characters/Affirmative Action Legacy, as TV Tropes puts it, is often just used without exploring the deeper implications of it; TFatWS serves as an intriguing deconstruction while ultimately still affirming its legitimacy).

Also, your claims about Bucky's depiction imply (possibly unintentionally, I'll admit) this is all he gets, ignoring everything about his therapy, guilt, tension with Zemo, and conflict with the Dora Milaje.

I do agree, though, that Walker's conclusion was rushed and that Loki was disappointing (leaned too close to drama on the "dramedy" scale to me; felt like it was more occupied with setting up the multiverse than taking advantage of the promised "fun with time travel" premise).
I’d say it also began the maturity growth of Loki…while having to not follow the “child version of Loki is mentored into being a better person before he goes bad only to be murdered by an older Loki who then takes his body to be a youthful and full time genderfluid Loki who became Asgard’s top secret agent while an older and still evil Loki does whatever it takes to break him down out of the good to go back to being evil only to fail and around all this manages to wield Mjonir to defeat a possessed Thor” path to growing up

Shroob

Sup?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is that 100% confirmed? I've been hearing so many mixed reports on whether or not Platinum mons are obtainable pre-game. All I know is that Smoochum and Togepi cam be found in underground pregame, both who weren't in D&P, and Scmoochum wasn't in Platinum until post game.
Hm looking into it more:
seems the new patch allows for most of not all of the platinum dex and more to show up underground.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If the MCU hasn't tackled race issues before FatWS then I have to wonder what exactly people thought Black Panther was about because the themes in that film were as subtle as an explosion
Considering how right wingers thought BP was a movie about them and somehow used it to fit their agenda, I don't think getting the memo is Marvel stans specialty.

Now on the topic of tacking race... I think FatWS did it pretty well. And tbh, I really don't like the term forced/shoehorned in, mostly because it's buzzwords of reaction tubers, and also, if our media doesn't spark these conversations then when do we start having them? They don't happen on a whim.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I do not trust Namco at all lmao. Not saying Namco is a bad developer, but they ain't clean either.

I'm betting Legends will be pretty good. It's taking shape, and with BDSP out of the way, hopefully we can see more of it.
I know they aint clean. One of the parts of Super robot wars 30 i actually want to play around with is locked behind DLC.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Y'all
I hate to admit it but
The League of Legends show, Arcane?
It's really good
as someone who hasn’t an interest or hate for most of the LoL game (only the character voiced by Antony Del Rio/Pit and Pittoo and I guess the weird pink/blue haired girl have my interest), and after seeing a clip that was kinda funny…I’d watch tbh

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
About that:
You can’t get any national dex Pokémon in the underground till post game.

Also the special statues increase shiny chance.
Welp

There goes part of my team then. Gonna have to figure out how to focus on the Sinnoh dex only while trying to change my team around. Fairy types being in still helpful for Garchomp. I'm not even 100% finalized with my roster other than Emploeon for Diamond and Infernape for Pearl

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So do we know in BDSP if we can get Magnezone/Probopass/Leafeon/Glaceon by location like in the original games or by evolution stones like in Sword/Shield?

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm Wandering what should I watch next.

It's between two shows: Big City Greens and Netflix CGI He-Man.
What do you think will be more interesting to watch?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's the battle between DC and Marvel films next year as each is getting 5 films.

DC:
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
Black Adam
DC League of Super-Pets
The Batman
The Flash

vs.

Marvel:
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Into the Spider-Verse 2
Morbius
Thor: Love and Thunder

Are you Team DC or Team Marvel?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
why Android 21 a better female DB character that Caulifla tho

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
My PS2 just broke down. Not very surprising considering I got it used for 50$, happy it lasted at least 3 years. I guess I’ll have to hold off on replaying Silent Hill 3, hoping it doesn’t cost too much to repair.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's the battle between DC and Marvel films next year as each is getting 5 films.

DC:
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
Black Adam
DC League of Super-Pets
The Batman
The Flash

vs.

Marvel:
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Into the Spider-Verse 2
Morbius
Thor: Love and Thunder

Are you Team DC or Team Marvel?
easy…Team Both cause no matter what I’m getting hype ass content from Marvel and DC

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I’m at the point where I feel like doing something crazy for one of the runs. I’d like to develop a team of 6 that matches closely to the Digimon 2 or 4 kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom