• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Now, I can stir the pot and say the best Pokemon games on the Switch are the ones not made by GF (this includes BDSP) 😶
We'll see how Legends is. It looks amazing though, and I'm betting it'll only see negative reception because of the mindset of the fanbase honestly

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Bandai Namco should just take over dev duties
I do not trust Namco at all lmao. Not saying Namco is a bad developer, but they ain't clean either.
We'll see how Legends is. It looks amazing though, and I'm betting it'll only see negative reception because of the mindset of the fanbase honestly
I'm betting Legends will be pretty good. It's taking shape, and with BDSP out of the way, hopefully we can see more of it.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm still skeptical myself, so I'll probably wait before picking up BDSP. Am glad the leaks are mostly positive, especially regarding the music not being updated, but I'll have to wait and see what they plan on doing come Legends and Home. At the moment, they're still below the bar that ORAS set for me. Will probably wait until February before making up my mind so if I do decide to take the plunge, so I won't miss out on Manaphy & Platinum outfits.

Honestly I'm also kind of wondering if they'll release a physical version of the game with the Day One patch already included on the cart. Probably not, but it would be nice far down the line.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Really hope grand underground has national dex early on because that’s like, half my planned team lol
About that:
You can’t get any national dex Pokémon in the underground till post game.

Also the special statues increase shiny chance.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest, so far the underground has been underwhelming, at least when you get first access to it. The caves are full of common mons, like Budew, Geodude and Onix. And the statues don't really seem to affect the spawns all that much. Maybe it'll change later down the line, no clue. Also haven't found a single Pokemon that wasn't in DPPt so far, though some of them used to be postgame, namely Rhyhorn, underleveled Houndoom (no Houndour though strangely), Lickitung and Magnemite.

Also the lack of Secret Base really sucks, to be honest. All you can do is place statues (or pedestals to place the statues on) that's it. Feels like such a downgrade.

Spheres also got changed. Instead of having a numerical value, they're now either just small or big and the merchants want to have specific sizes to trade them in, making it feel way more restrictive. I don't think there's a way to grow those spheres either, unlike the original, where you could bury them into the ground to merge them together.

In short, DPPt underground felt much better. Hopefully that'll change later on.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Mind explaining your thoughts on these shows.
TFatWS turned Bucky into a joke by having him be a lame sidekick to Sam and getting his ass kicked 24-7 by dumpy teenagers with super soldier serum (that shouldn't exist anymore but "LOL, just have some guy discover how to make more! Brilliant!") and it forced racial issues into the story despite race never being an issue in earlier MCU outings. The show also wasted Walker's interesting character arc by having him end up being all buddy buddy with Sam and Bucky in the span of five minutes.

And Loki was just super disappointing because I love Loki as a character, but he wasn't nearly as cunning or mischievous as his other appearances and it felt like he was only there to prop up Sylvia and make her look better.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
About that:
You can’t get any national dex Pokémon in the underground till post game.

Also the special statues increase shiny chance.
Is that 100% confirmed? I've been hearing so many mixed reports on whether or not Platinum mons are obtainable pre-game. All I know is that Smoochum and Togepi cam be found in underground pregame, both who weren't in D&P, and Scmoochum wasn't in Platinum until post game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just caught a level 20 Murkrow with Brave Birdm which is just overkill? But that confirms they can come withther Egg Moves.

And it has a Modest nature... RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom