• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

...Why?

I liked Naruto, but why should I care if he's in Fortnite?

Fortnite is a crossover game that has no theme or soul behind it.
It will always be inferior to Marvel vs Capcom, Kingdom Hearts, and Super Smash Bros.
The 100% faithful and complex crossovers are better but sometimes It's just kinda funny to see a character I recognize and like do a funny dance and have it be officially endorsed

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
The 100% faithful and complex crossovers are better but sometimes It's just kinda funny to see a character I recognize and like do a funny dance and have it be officially endorsed
Yeah, like, from an unironic standpoint the more faithful crossovers are indeed better but I can't deny there is just a magical feeling to witnessing Kratos Gangnam Style

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's somehow the "NOOOO, YOU CAN'T BE IN FORTNITE THEY'LL JUST RUIN THE FRANCHISE" - "haha dancing Rick go brrr" meme but somehow 100% unironic

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** Will Will was right lmao:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I'll never understand why people hate crossovers in Fortnite so much.

Beleive it or not, crossovers are GOOD for the series crossing over. It renews interest, expands the community, and for dead series, can possible see a revival.

Like, it's not a coincidence that Mega Man made a comeback after his reception in Smash 4.

And to top of off, Fortnite has a significantly greater effect than a vast majority of crossover games, so it's amplified.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly, I'll never understand why people hate crossovers in Fortnite so much.

Beleive it or not, crossovers are GOOD for the series crossing over. It renews interest, expands the community, and for dead series, can possible see a revival.

Like, it's not a coincidence that Mega Man made a comeback after his reception in Smash 4.

And to top of off, Fortnite has a significantly greater effect than a vast majority of crossover games, so it's amplified.
Cuz Fortnite cringe baby game

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, funny story, I just got finished recording for a project and man that was intense. They were like “Hey, I need some background voices for something real quick, anyone wanna help?” So I said I’d be down to volunteer, and I thought it was like, background noises or something. Then they go “OKAY SO YOU’RE THIS BAD GUY AND YOUR BEATING THIS GUY UP AND THEN THIS GUY BEATS YOU UP”

My voice was not prepared for this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
he ain’t wrong tho
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Holy **** Will Will was right lmao:
This man had no budget, no connections, no clout. And he still managed to make it on TV.

Really goes to show that despite corporations seemingly ruling everything, there is still a place for the people wanting to nerd out about Nintendo games.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
he ain’t wrong tho
There was a problem fetching the tweet
TBH no one wanted that kind of music for BotW's overworld. This is kinda missing the point.

Elder Scrolls game is an open world series and has wonderful BGM when exploring. So does Minecraft.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Reactions: Z25

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay but that fact that none of that sentence is a joke should really show how wonderful of a thing Fortnite is unironically.
Actually though, this take is pretty good.

Fortnite is amazing if only for the sheer amount of franchises from across different types of media it's brought into the fold and incorporated into its mythos in some way. Like, complain about the 7 year olds or whatever but no where else are you going to see TV, anime, video games, comics, movies, and real life celebrities all in one place. And that ought to be appreciated for what it's worth.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I’m just surprised G4TV is still a thing lmao
That's cuz it's not a thing anymore. It's been gone for a while, and this is a comeback. I'm hype tbh! Used to try and watch it a lot mostly for American Ninja Warrior but also because video games on TV was a novel thing back in 2010.
Actually though, this take is pretty good.

Fortnite is amazing if only for the sheer amount of franchises from across different types of media it's brought into the fold and incorporated into its mythos in some way. Like, complain about the 7 year olds or whatever but no where else are you going to see TV, anime, video games, comics, movies, and real life celebrities all in one place. And that ought to be appreciated for what it's worth.
I've said it before: Smash is probably a "better" crossover than Fortnite, but Fortnite is certainly bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom