• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, if you wanna get technical it already is.
But yeah.

I'd say go for it if you ever feel it one day.

The demon roster is a lot smaller than the prior entry(s) in the series from 4/4a, but the reviews seem to be pretty good across the board aside from IGN's "But it's not Persona 5 tho".

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But yeah.

I'd say go for it if you ever feel it one day.

The demon roster is a lot smaller than the prior entry(s) in the series from 4/4a, but the reviews seem to be pretty good across the board aside from IGN's "But it's not Persona 5 tho".
It's funny you mentioned that because I could honestly care less about Persona

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning my gamers

I missed the age discussion, but I'm 20, soon to be 21. I'm not that old but it just feels weird because it feels like yesterday when I was 12 and met my IRL friends for the first time.

Also I don't have any custom stages because I refuse to pay for the doodoo caca online
Ah man I missed the discussion on how great Lilo and Stitch is earlier.

So instead have a picure of Stitch, my sisters puppy.
View attachment 336780
He's grown quite a bit since this picture was taken but he's still such a good boy.
GOOD BOI
Tbh, I am lowkey slightly interested in SMTV
Honestly same but I'm a ***** who won't buy a game he hasn't tried out before out of fear of not liking it

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How do even try a game without buying it first, with demos?
It usually helps if I have a history with that series

Like the demo for Dread wasn't out when I bought the game but I've played several Metroid games before so I knew what to expect. Same with Fire Emblem Three Houses

Also there's a store in my city that used to let people try out games on the day they came out but I don't know if they still do that and I don't feel like taking the bus there to find out

Shroob

Sup?
It usually helps if I have a history with that series

Like the demo for Dread wasn't out when I bought the game but I've played several Metroid games before so I knew what to expect. Same with Fire Emblem Three Houses

Also there's a store in my city that used to let people try out games on the day they came out but I don't know if they still do that and I don't feel like taking the bus there to find out
Well

There's always an open avenue to try a series out to see if it clicks with you :4pacman:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One thing to consider is the price. 60 bucks for a series I have no prior experience with is a bit hard to swallow.

I might go for it if there's a sale one day since I often buy games I haven't tried before if they're cheaper or on sale
Well

There's always an open avenue to try a series out to see if it clicks with you :4pacman:
Hmmm

Do I commit crime or miss out on a series that might potentially become one of my favorites?

Aight I'll try it out then. Not right now but maybe in the future.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno.

SMT is like Animal Crossing.

It's definitely good, just not for me.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One thing to consider is the price. 60 bucks for a series I have no prior experience with is a bit hard to swallow.

I might go for it if there's a sale one day since I often buy games I haven't tried before if they're cheaper or on sale

Hmmm

Do I commit crime or miss out on a series that might potentially become one of my favorites?

Also wanna mention that there have been exceptions to this in the past now that I think of it. I bought Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition despite having no prior experience with the series

idk I'm not consistent when it comes to my interest in certain games
I dunno.

SMT is like Animal Crossing.

It's definitely good, just not for me.
Nah, Animal Crossing is emotionally manipulative trash

I should know because I spent a month on New Leaf and then felt bad after dropping it because I constantly thought to myself "what would Isabelle say when I come back after so long?"

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Anyway I think I will continue Super Mario RPG today

I haven't been making consistent progress in the game since I'm so pooped after work so I don't have the attention span for it and can't play it on the go

I'm playing DGS at the same time but I can play that wherever I want and I'm on a trip with my family tomorrow so I can play it in the car

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Hmmm

I usually try to do as much research as I can on a game before proceeding. Sites like Hardcore Gaming 101, Racketboy, Retronauts, and Sega 16, I've spent hours just reading through. I also found a lot of games to try just by watching Gamecenter CX.

Only thing I feel I should be more cautious about is purchasing from companies like Limited Run. Very rarely am I disappointed with what I pick up from them, but I feel like sometimes I catch the limited time offer bug and just add to my back catalog unnecessarily.

Sometimes though, it's just fun to take leaps of faith if it's a genre I like or feel doesn't have too many stinkers.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I usually try to do as much research as I can on a game before proceeding. Sites like Hardcore Gaming 101, Racketboy, Retronauts, and Sega 16, I've spent hours just reading through. I also found a lot of games to try just by watching Gamecenter CX.

Only thing I feel I should be more cautious about is purchasing from companies like Limited Run. Very rarely am I disappointed with what I pick up from them, but I feel like sometimes I catch the limited time offer bug and just add to my back catalog unnecessarily.

Sometimes though, it's just fun to take leaps of faith if it's a genre I like or feel doesn't have too many stinkers.
See here's the thing

Even if I buy the game now, I probably won't have time to play it. I've mapped out my next few games already, and while I deviate from that roadmap every once in a while for certain new releases (it's probably gonna happen with Pokémon Legends Arceus and Kirby and the Forgotten Land for example since those are two series that are very near and dear to my heart), I usually try to stay on track.

Out of my entire Physical Switch game library, I've only played like 6 games to completion, and I have like 20 games lined up and waiting to be played. I don't really want to expand that much more than I already did since I already sold a few of them because I didn't see myself playing them and they were just taking up shelf space

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, Bloodstained fans who might read this post.

Is the game good enough on Switch these days to be worth buying in the future?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey, Bloodstained fans who might read this post.

Is the game good enough on Switch these days to be worth buying in the future?
To my understanding the Switch version's been patched to be on par with the other versions, my only issue was a few crashes but that was at launch and it was the first thing they patched

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To my understanding the Switch version's been patched to be on par with the other versions, my only issue was a few crashes but that was at launch and it was the first thing they patched
I seeeee.

Does the switch version as the same amount of content as the other versions too? Or is there like some difference.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
literally the only person who kept me caring for the game
Sometimes I think about getting it. But like there are a tonne of bad reviews and it seems really lootboxey.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I remember hearing something getting canned for the Switch version but it still has the Classic mode and other playable characters, think it has Boss Revenge mode too
Alright, alright.

I did look in other places to see other folks opinion, annnd it's definitly pretty mixed. Lots of folks saying it's not worth getting it on Switch due to input lag & loads of slow down, even with all the patches out. Other agreeing with you that it get the job done & the issues aren't too bad.

Idk, not saying I won't get it at all, but I might get other Castlevania games if I can before it. (that and I need to finish Curse of the Moon & Aria of Sorrow one day lol)

Still, thanks for answering my questions.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, alright.

I did look in other places to see other folks opinion, annnd it's definitly pretty mixed. Lots of folks saying it's not worth getting it on Switch due to input lag & loads of slow down, even with all the patches out. Other agreeing with you that it get the job done & the issues aren't too bad.

Idk, not saying I won't get it at all, but I might get other Castlevania games if I can before it. (that and I need to finish Curse of the Moon & Aria of Sorrow one day lol)

Still, thanks for answering my questions.
To my understanding the most recent patch addressed the slowdown and lag, check the dates of the patch and compare to the posts

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To my understanding the most recent patch addressed the slowdown and lag, check the dates of the patch and compare to the posts
Some of the more mixed opinion I saw dated from like a week or two ago.

Looking around a bit, and apparantly, the latest patch was either in March or July of this year, it's quite confusing really.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I am 15, little baby compared to most here. My interests are basically the same as any other edgy teenager, albeit with a Nintendo lot of Nintendo mixed in. Current goal is getting straight As so I can mock my school in the speech they give to high ranking students.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My meds are doing wonders for my concetration
Maybe I should think about taking some new prescription to deal with my compulsive thoughts.
Holy **** it's been a month since Sora's reveal
Time certainly flies. Doesn't it?

It's also been three months since The Suicide Squad!

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
New Kirby backgrounds or something like that I don't know.
void birth.jpg

These locations are called "Void Birth Arena".
(So... that's where Void itself was born...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom