• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It was Tetsuya Nomura who shot it down, last I checked, not necessarily Disney themselves
And that game became Dissidia, the Final Fantasy crossover fighter

btw 012 is the peak this is not up for debate
Reminder that we need Dissidia 012's everything plus new characters and remade instead of NT.

Was one of the best disappointments this gen.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So

I guess we’re gonna start seeing a bunch of Smash clones

I wonder how many will have a shelf life longer than a few Twitter memes
If this is the case. Give me these.

Another attempt at PSASBR
Cartoon Network (One that solely focuses on Cartoon Network only)
Disney
DreamWorks
Microsoft
Shonen Jump (Not Battle Statium D.O.N, maybe it'll also finally get people to shut up about wanting Goku in Smash ever)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyone thinking we're finally going to be getting a surge of Smash clones? If so the following above are ones I'd like to see.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So

This is what my complete indifference to both of the ones we currently have comes down to honestly

This all feels like a fad that will die down whenever the next Smash game comes out

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So

At best, you'll be able to count them on a single hand

Shonen Jump (Not Battle Statium D.O.N, maybe it'll also finally get people to shut up about wanting Goku in Smash ever)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But really though. I don't understand this obsession of folks wanting Goku in Smash.

Without repeating myself again, I'll just quote this post I made a while back.

Seriously what is this god damn obsession over Goku being in Smash?

Why is he treated as an exceptional case as opposed to other 4th parties/non-gaming characters? If you want to really get down to it then Superman had more games then Goku ever had. Popeye has a history of being the core inspiration for what eventually led to Mario originally with the Donkey Kong arcade being planned to be a Popeye game. You don't see people talking about those.

And even then they as with any other 4th party/non-gaming character shouldn't be in because Smash is for characters who originated from video game franchises only.

"But Sor-"

Sora originated from a video game franchise, one that just happens to have Disney properties involved. That's the difference. Even then there's no Disney characters or references in any form with the closest being the Mickey keychain on his keyblade which further proves the whole rule of "video game characters only".

"Bu-b-but Dracula, Dr. Kawashima, Lucario, Lugia, and such"

Those are video game versions based on the original sources. Also Lucario and Lugia shouldn't count because the franchise they originate from is a video game franchise regardless of if they first debuted in a Pokemon movie.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Screw it, here’s my most wanted for Multiversus:

-Aquaman
-Austin Powers
-Cheetara
-Cyborg
-Daffy Duck
-Dr. Evil
-Dynomutt
-Flash
-Fred Flintstone
-Garnet
-Joker
-Lion-O
-Marceline
-Marvin the Martian
-The Mask
-Neo
-Penelope Pitstop
-Pinky and the Brain
-Quick Draw McGraw
-Raven
-Rosie (Jetsons)
-Scooby Doo
-Sloth
-Stripe (Gremlins)
-Taz
-Top Cat
-Wicked Witch of the West
-Wile E Coyote
-Yakko, Wakko & Dot
-Yogi Bear

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Reminder that we need Dissidia 012's everything plus new characters and remade instead of NT.

Was one of the best disappointments this gen.
Do not approve of NT’s nickel and diming for DLC most of all, it’s really trying to be DOA6

thanks Koei Tecmo who developed it

some of the alts are nice tho… but we’re also missing characters from 012. WHERE THE FRICK IS GILGAMESH?!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
yay sharing below

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just imagining a DreamWorks Smash clone game where the roster consists of those like Hiccup & Toothless, Po, Jack Frost, Megamind, Alex, Shrek, and such.

Definitely has its fair share of IPs and characters to have a decent roster.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oof how could I have forgotten Sega of all gaming companies. That's another potential attempt at a Smash clone.

There's Capcom too but people are probably already content with the Marvel vs. Capcom games.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
So

As long as Smash has existed there has been Smash clones, some better than others.

I heard once there was this really awful Smash clone where the game balance was nonexistent, the online was terrible, and the characters could trip.

(the story mode was really good, though)

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
As long as Smash has existed there has been Smash clones, some better than others.

I heard once there was this really awful Smash clone where the game balance was nonexistent, the online was terrible, and the characters could trip.

(the story mode was really good, though)
I was like "Man, what game is that? I feel I would have heard of it by now."

Then I realized.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I know it's just me thinking this but I would kinda prefer this to not include Mortal Kombat characters or any video game characters. Like, only cartoons, comics and live-action movies. Not to say that I would be mad if Scorpion got in but I think it just takes away from the wackiness of the game to include actual video game characters instead of TV or comic icons and fan favorites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom