• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
(the serious topic)
as a Christian myself I respect LGBT+ people and honestly I’ve been thinking it’s likely not a sin anyway based on what I’ve read about what the original text in the Bible says (before translations and stuff) + the Bible says there were other things that were “abominations” in those old laws that were supposed to have been made obsolete when Jesus came but noooo they’re all fine today except gay people for some reason…

At least some people who think it’s a sin still respect them and accept them as friends and family and stuff…my family is like this though tbh I guess how I was raised did make me think being gay was weird for a long time (but they don’t harass anyone or are evil or anything i.e. my grandma is still friends with gay people sooo I think they accept LGBT people even if they don’t necessarily agree with it; also while I used to think it was weird there was never any hate so yeah I believe it’s all good at least mostly). Honestly I’m still confused by some things like the whole identifying as “it/its” thing but it’s not like I’m gonna treat anyone as lesser for it lol.

If you’re evil to anyone, nonetheless just because of their sexuality or race, you’re not really being Christian nor just a good human being in general; bigotry is stupid…

Also, I’m very confused how zealots can twist the religion to be racist, like how could they have found anything racist at all in the Bible? Slavery? God had a plan to make that better and eventually end it being a thing, not to mention Abraham’s people were enslaved and considering the area they likely had similar skin colors and stuff anyway >_>

It also makes me hesitant to bring up my religion usually since the zealots have caused some people to generalize us…
With zealots, I feel a lot of it is just needing to feel above someone to feel better about yourself. A former co-worker of mine who had some MAJOR MAJOR issues got hard into Christianity the last year I was at that job. It was kind of whatever/I'm glad you were able to find some peace, but shortly after they got hard into putting down and criticizing my other co-workers, particularly bullying a trans co-worker who had just recently graduated HS.

Also depends on where you go to church at. My Methodist church rarely if ever brings up sins or hell outside of the Ten Commandments. For confirmation classes to join the church, they require going to other churches and even temples/mosques to attend services to better understand the differences/similarities between. Back when the United Methodist General Conference voted to strengthen the ban on LGBTQ, they hung up a giant rainbow flag over the roof of the church for a month in support of LGBTQ rights, withheld funding to the national counsel, but also support one of our pastors who was an open lesbian.

I’ve always been too shy to talk to famous people lmao,,

maybe someday though…
I've definitely had mixed experiences.

The most involved I got was when I chatted with Tommy Tallarico. I helped out with something minor for Video Games Live and briefly interacted with him a bit through email and at a show. He was very nice at the time, but yikes have recent revelations and the on-going dumpster fire saga of the Intellivision Amiico really changed my perception.

Through the company I work at I've chatted with a few famous people over the past two years. One was a retired defensive linemen/coach for an NFL team, one co-starred in a movie with Tom Hanks, and another who's particularly famous within world history who I'll probably name drop should they sadly pass away within the next 10 years (are in their 90s) as to be polite. All minor interactions/pretending to not know they're famous to keep things strictly business, but still something I would brag to my co-workers/boss about. lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I dont know how many times ive used this Simpsons clip on this site while waiting for DLC fighters, but now it fits really well while i wait for Robot Wars to arrive lol

It is pretty surprising to me that KH gets so many side games. Given how many licenses are involved you’d think they would consistently go for a mainline entry. Guess Square and Disney just have a really good relationship.
Thats because internally most of them arent considered side games at all.

Like at one point Birth by sleep was basically considered Kingdom hearts Zero by Square enix because of it's place in the timeline, which is laughable now given the existence of that Mobile MMO game.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Just wait till the Garfield Challenge.
TBH even when he's in I probably won't buy the game anytime soon after revaluating things.

I got...Soooooooo many games to play man, I'm putting my foot down and slowing down on purchases. I gotta actually play these things instead of my bad habit of playing things for a few hours and then getting sidetracked by the next shiny new toy, lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
need i remind yall the time the PS2 dungeon crawler Dark Cloud was hyped up as a Zelda killer?

shame too, that game and ESPECIALLY its sequel are great games and deserve better

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Disgruntled Nintendo fans stop overhyping an indie game as the “Nintendo series killer” and killing it in the process challenge.
Ridiculous. I would never.

Now if you excuse me, I really must go campaign that this small indie game where you catch little watermelons with googly eyes, made by one dude who only gets 2 hours of sleep and has a budget of 5 nickels and a wad of gum, is for sure gonna dethrone Pokémon and outshine it in every way possible.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I saw Slap City around for longer, Jesus.
The way I said it implies Slap City is bad but it's not, it's pretty good.
Yes, I'm aware this is the same studio.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hyping any game up as "The XYZ Killer" is a tremendously poor idea that puts a ton of unnecessary weight on the game in question

Let it stand on its own legs
Nintendo fans be like "**** Nintendo. Imma take my frustrations out on them by overhyping and then killing an indie game thats remotely similar to my favorite Nintendo franchise.

Of course I'm not buying the game, wdym?"

Shroob

Sup?
Just gonna toss out a hot as hell take here.

But appealing almost solely to the Melee audience is just asking for your game to be niche. Melee and its gameplay mechanics are not casual friendly, and it wouldn't surprise me if a major reasoning to NASB's failure was due to casuals feeling alienated from their funni cartoon game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just gonna toss out a hot as hell take here.

But appealing almost solely to the Melee audience is just asking for your game to be niche. Melee and its gameplay mechanics are not casual friendly, and it wouldn't surprise me if a major reasoning to NASB's failure was due to casuals feeling alienated from their funni cartoon game.
Yeah, that too.

Like, Smash's main audience are children, and the party game crowd. Thats why there's so many gamemodes and items, keeps everyone kn their toes with wacky and hilarious antics. The DLC was geared more for competitive play because they already got the casuals and the people buying the DLC are gonna be teens/adults aka more competitive players.

All Star Brawl went right for the competitive scene first, and left... nothing for anyone else.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah, that too.

Like, Smash's main audience are children, and the party game crowd. Thats why there's so many gamemodes and items, keeps everyone kn their toes with wacky and hilarious antics. The DLC was geared more for competitive play because they already got the casuals and the people buying the DLC are gonna be teens/adults aka more competitive players.

All Star Brawl went right for the competitive scene first, and left... nothing for anyone else.
Which is a shame too.

There's tons of dummied out items, and even an item spawn rate screen ala Smash, but they were either all cut, or repurposed into character moves.

It's a cartoon platform fighter with a confused identity.

Is it for the kids, what with their favorite cartoon characters

Or the sweaty Melee players

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Smash works because it appeals to every audience at once, with the competitive scene more or less developing on its own.

While I have not played it (and don’t intend to) NASB seems to have done the complete opposite, and with no polish. It’s not hard to understand why it disappeared if you ask me.

As a Buffalo native, every time I type “polish” or read “polish” I read it as “Polish”. It’s a curse, I tell you.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Smash works because it appeals to every audience at once, with the competitive scene more or less developing on its own.

While I have not played it (and don’t intend to) NASB seems to have done the complete opposite, and with no polish. It’s not hard to understand why it disappeared if you ask me.

As a Buffalo native, every time I type “polish” or read “polish” I read it as “Polish”. It’s a curse, I tell you.
You jinxed it: NASB is getting a voice patch soon - but everyone speaks Polish

:4pacman:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Which is a shame too.

There's tons of dummied out items, and even an item spawn rate screen ala Smash, but they were either all cut, or repurposed into character moves.

It's gonna have to do a SFV level of comeback if they want to save their game.

Shroob

Sup?
And also, just

50 dollars.

I'm sorry but, no.

That game is not worth 50 dollars. 20 dollars? Sure, I'd bite, but for 10 dollars more, I could buy BotW, or Odyssey, or SMTV....... or, ya know, Ultimate.

The price barrier to entry is absurdly high for a game that has nowhere near the content or polish for the price tag.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Nintendo fans be like "**** Nintendo. Imma take my frustrations out on them by overhyping and then killing an indie game thats remotely similar to my favorite Nintendo franchise.

Of course I'm not buying the game, wdym?"
Doesn't even need to be indie. Look at the pedestal Yokai Watch got put on and now look at the state of the Devs.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And also, just

50 dollars.

I'm sorry but, no.

That game is not worth 50 dollars. 20 dollars? Sure, I'd bite, but for 10 dollars more, I could buy BotW, or Odyssey, or SMTV....... or, ya know, Ultimate.

The price barrier to entry is absurdly high for a game that has nowhere near the content or polish for the price tag.
You know Viacom want them money moves

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finished downloading the extended cut of the live-action Mario movie.

I'll see if the extra 20 minutes make for a better experience.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Which is a shame too.

Given the roster it's clearly for people my age, most of the roster is filled with characters i grew up with and have a fondness for, except the Loud House, i know nothing about this show. And Korra, i dont like Korra.
The roster was enough to make me buy it but i know i wont play it nearly as much as i would other fighters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also apparently they sponsored RelaxAlax to do a Know Your Moves on Sponebob and why oh why would you do that considering he's got allegations of abuse tied to him.
View attachment 335647
Scott the Woz dropped him like a hot potato when the former discovered the allegations

why can’t these ppl do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom