• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Yeah. I don’t have much of an attachment to Disney. I like crossovers. I like action games. And I like Ducktales (idk why) so I like Donald I guess. And I really ****ing love Final Fantasy. But Dive to the Heart was just pictures of mascots to me.
But let me tell you, as someone who never liked Disney, KH is still one of my favorite game series, mostly because of the other stuff, the FF and the original characters, the original worlds and overall the story in those parts of the games not following a Disney script. Those are the things that made me fall in love with the series. But I can't say I didn't enjoy playing through the Disney worlds and didn't get atrached to the main Disney cast in the game too.

Oh, and I had never played FF before getting into KH, so I had no attachment to anyone when I started. It was where I first met Cloud, at his coolest (his KH clothes slaps), and he is one of my favorite FF characters ever since, because of KH lol

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So if someone told me that I would be adding a song from WarioWare on to my phone that's wasn't Ashley's song...................well it just happened.

Penny's song is such a bop.

Am I? How so?
You just give that impression sometimes and when you rant on about things. Really makes me see you as that.

Not dissing you but that's just how it seems.

I’m not touching it till Banjo and Paper Mario are on it, and I’ll only pay for a year.

They got me ****ed up if they think I’m paying 50 a year for this.
I'm doing it for a month so I can get Sin and Punishment, Mario Tennis and see Mario Kart 64 is like online.

Then I'm going back without until we get Banjo and hope to god Excitebike 64.

I've wanted to play that game in a legal way for years.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think something like FF7 remake would be more similar if she doesn't like KH.

She probably played it though since she loves FF
true…but hear me out…Makoto Niijima
that is my concrete detail with no supporting details (I…I failed at remembering what they called those in essay form for Elementary and High School papers)
I was more angry with Byleth, but they have more positives than Corrin.
like weapon variety and the better male avatar to be inferior to the female avatar
That's supposed to Nathan???
Not a good first impression, but I can't fairly judge it since I haven't played Uncharted.
Tom Holland will do great thankfully, but it’s a tad bit odd that some parts of the games when Nathan is an adult are in the movie during his youth

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Lamperouge Lamperouge you watching the Komi anime? Wanted your thoughts

I think 3 episodes in and it's really good but the manga is the best way to go. The OP/EDs are amazing with the Cinderella song working so well for Komi. Only minor issue is that it leads a bit into the Pokemon anime art style too much sometimes being the same studio.

Some bits are just golden though in animation like the chalk writing scene.
I haven't seen any of it besides taking a peek at the OP, and yes, that OP is very good.

I'm sure that it's a nice watch since the manga is very cute, though.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just got back from watching Dune with my dad

Might give my full thoughts tomorrow but for now I'll just say that as someone who isn't familiar with the source material, the movie is great on a technical and filmmaking perspective, but I found the story overwhelming and the characters uninteresting, despite the fascinating world

Also the tone felt very oppressive

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m not touching it till Banjo and Paper Mario are on it, and I’ll only pay for a year.

They got me ****ed up if they think I’m paying 50 a year for this.
I own all the games on it I wanna play already, so I'mma just emulate that biz on my Steam Deck, lol: The emulated versions will actually be better than what Nintendo's offering.

Now, if they pop stuff like Silicone Valley, Glover, Chameleon Twist, Mischief Makers, and N64 Animal Crossing on it? Then we'd be talking.

MooMew64

Will say though, the tutorial going through the different Dive to the Heart stations of each princess honestly gave me a bit of chills first playing it. Hit me right in the feels.
Dive to the Heart stations are amazing. The music, the creepy disembodied voice, it is one of the most memorable starts to any adventure a narrative has shown me.

ShotoStar

Smash Cadet
I own all the games on it I wanna play already, so I'mma just emulate that biz on my Steam Deck, lol: The emulated versions will actually be better than what Nintendo's offering.

Now, if they pop stuff like Silicone Valley, Glover, Chameleon Twist, Mischief Makers, and N64 Animal Crossing on it? Then we'd be talking.
god now I'm imagining them translating N64 Animal Crossing for N64 Online... I briefly considered it but I really really want that. Shame it'd be too much of a hassle to feasibly happen.

It may be naive but I do have hope for the service, with the amount that it costs they could put it to use by making license agreements for more Rare games (Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Tooie, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, etc. etc.) and other deep cuts like Bomberman 64/Bomberman Hero, Mischief Makers, etc. etc.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Stardew Valley's creator just announced his next game:
It looks totally epic! I'm all for this type of haunted aesthetic.

MooMew64

god now I'm imagining them translating N64 Animal Crossing for N64 Online... I briefly considered it but I really really want that. Shame it'd be too much of a hassle to feasibly happen.

It may be naive but I do have hope for the service, with the amount that it costs they could put it to use by making license agreements for more Rare games (Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Tooie, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, etc. etc.) and other deep cuts like Bomberman 64/Bomberman Hero, Mischief Makers, etc. etc.
Legit, I'll pay for it if they do that. I just can't justify it atm when I have a mountain of games I can play already and others I wanna buy on the way. The launch lineup has too much overlap with stuff I already own, so like...I have no reason to repurchase them when I can access them on other devices via how I use emulation.

Again tho...If they dropped Doubutsu no Mori, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That's practically lost media.

I'll happily take third part N64 content, too. Like, legit, third party additions of hard to find games are the only way I'll buy this thing.

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
Yes, they're being closed.

They basically said "Go make threads on the games forum if you wanna talk about specific series."
That disappointing. I understand the main speculation one but for other ones like character specific I figured they would stay up.

MooMew64

Oh yeah

So

Here's the thing: I wanna separate my "MooMew" name to being exclusively for my content creation stuff. I think for personal accounts, I'm gonna come up with a different name.

Which made me think about maybe possibly eventually changing my name on here, buuuuuuuut we'll see. I feel like I'd confuse ya'll if I did that. Would it be confusing? Serious question, 'cause I'm working on cool biz behind da scenes right now and I wanna get the ball rolling on it, but getting stuff like this figured out first is part of it, lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah

So

Here's the thing: I wanna separate my "MooMew" name to being exclusively for my content creation stuff. I think for personal accounts, I'm gonna come up with a different name.

Which made me think about maybe possibly eventually changing my name on here, buuuuuuuut we'll see. I feel like I'd confuse ya'll if I did that. Would it be confusing? Serious question, 'cause I'm working on cool biz behind da scenes right now and I wanna get the ball rolling on it, but getting stuff like this figured out first is part of it, lol.
I mean, it would be kinda confusing at first.

But I also knew you as Mr. Wario, so I’ll get used to it.

I’ll probably still call you Moo, tho :wario:

MooMew64

I mean, it would be kinda confusing at first.

But I also knew you as Mr. Wario, so I’ll get used to it.

I’ll probably still call you Moo, tho :wario:
Hmmmmmmmmm interesting. It's still only on the "thinking about it" phase, so we'll see.

My Twitter will be unprivated tho, so that's one that'll get changed. I was gonna go with "NikoHasTheSun" for personal accounts but TBH it hasn't been sticking, and it's a mouthful. I think the name I've settled on for personals is "Solar Nyan".

Shroob

Sup?
Oh yeah

So

Moo going hard on the vtubesona

1634851525324.png

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hello all!

I'm coming in here from the Newcomer Speculation Thread and RTC. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. I've posted a couple times in here before but I would like to become a regular. BTW thanks to Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester for keeping on tagging me whenever kaiju stuff is happening.

Some things about myself:
  • I have 3 cats and 1 dog. They are my babies.
  • Some of my favorite video game series are Xenoblade, Smash Bros, Uncharted, God of War, Resistance, Ace Attorney, Destroy All Humans, GTA, the Musou games, Minecraft, and Lego games.
  • My top 10 favorite movies are:
    • Naked Gun trilogy
    • Jaws
    • Halloween (Original)
    • King Kong (2005)
    • Friday The 13th Part 4
    • Hacksaw Ridge
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • Star Wars original trilogy
    • The Mist
    • Godzilla (1954)

MooMew64

Hello all!

I'm coming in here from the Newcomer Speculation Thread and RTC. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. I've posted a couple times in here before but I would like to become a regular. BTW thanks to Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester for keeping on tagging me whenever kaiju stuff is happening.

• Some of my favorite video game series are Xenoblade, Smash Bros, Uncharted, God of War, Resistance, Ace Attorney, Destroy All Humans, GTA, the Musou games, Minecraft, and Lego games.
    • Naked Gun trilogy
    • Jaws
    • Halloween (Original)
    • King Kong (2005)
    • Friday The 13th Part 4
    • Hacksaw Ridge
    • The Mist
    • Godzilla (1954)
You like cats and Minecraft?

huehue.png

We'll get along just fine.

Welcome aboard!

D

Deleted member

I'm doing it for a month so I can get Sin and Punishment, Mario Tennis and see Mario Kart 64 is like online.

Then I'm going back without until we get Banjo and hope to god Excitebike 64.

I've wanted to play that game in a legal way for years.
I mean, can you even get the subsription for only a month? All I've seen so far from Nintendo is the option for the yearly expanded online, nothing about a (tri) monthly rate.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hello all!

• Naked Gun trilogy
    • Jaws
    • Halloween (Original)
    • King Kong (2005)
    • Friday The 13th Part 4
    • Hacksaw Ridge
    • The Mist
    • Godzilla (1954)
Hi I am the Noipoi

I’m an idiot, yet also the smartest guy in the thread. Funny how that works out:4pacman:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hello all!

• Naked Gun trilogy
    • Jaws
    • Halloween (Original)
    • King Kong (2005)
    • Friday The 13th Part 4
    • Hacksaw Ridge
    • The Mist
    • Godzilla (1954)
You have some very solid tastes in games and movies! Welcome to the thread!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hello all!

• Naked Gun trilogy
    • Jaws
    • Halloween (Original)
    • King Kong (2005)
    • Friday The 13th Part 4
    • Hacksaw Ridge
    • The Mist
    • Godzilla (1954)
I really need to watch Mist cause I named my horse in Pokemon Uranium after that movie by a friend's suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom