• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey

You wanna raise that gsp?

When Sora drops, the online is gonna be filled with Sora players who have no idea what they’re doing. Grab your main, and go to town.
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Online?

I'll be playing WoL and against CPUs like a goober, tyvm. :035:

Last edited:

MooMew64

Feel free to use & share this, fellow Metroid fans.
It's all fun and games with the Phantom Cloak until EMMI hits you with that Melee Marth grab range anyways.

Oh yeah, also:

Kraid was so much fun. SO MUCH FUN.

Once again, Samus enters someone's home and dunks them into lava.

Sasuga, Samus.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Interesting.

Jenny probably has the best odds given fan demand, but the lack of any FOP content is strange and really does make me wonder what's going on behind the scenes. Ah well, at least Jimmy's probably getting in.
Fairly Odd Parents has rights issues because it wasn't distributed solely by Nickelodeon. In some regions it was distributed by Disney or other local TV channels. If you want Fairly Odd Parents in NASB, you have to go through them to get it in those regions.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That live action show might be the other issues. Or it might have something to do with Drake Bell. Oh well. I’d be down for Cosmo and Wanda by themselves.
Cosmo and Wanda wouldn’t be bad, but honestly Jorgon or like Mark Chang would be way better picks imo.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Fairly Odd Parents has rights issues because it wasn't distributed solely by Nickelodeon. In some regions it was distributed by Disney or other local TV channels. If you want Fairly Odd Parents in NASB, you have to go through them to get it in those regions.
It took a long time for Timmy to get into Super Brawl Universe, but he got in...eventually. I guess Timmy's going to have to be NASB's Sora instead of, you know, the cartoon that started as a Nicktoon then got bought by Disney.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
METROID SUIT SAMUS OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Seriously though, they couldn’t have at least brought back Ridley via the X Parasite mimicking him? They just need a dna sample. One of his horns. I just love the guy so much and while Dread was amazing, Raven Beak was an amazing villain who I want in Smash, and the whole final sequence with Metroid Suit Samus beats the hell out of Super’s Hyperbeam segment any day of the weak, I still miss Ridley. Especially since Kraid was there despite being just as dead by all accounts.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I think the main problem is that the first five seasons were distributed internationally by Nelvana. There are probably some regions where it aired on Disney Channel but I don't think they would have to negotiate with Disney. Nelvana is probably easier to negotiate with than the mouse, so he has much better chances than Doug

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wonder what the KH spirit battled are Gonna be, we know That Axel gets paired up with Roy and Aqua with Lucina and it's probably a safe bet to assume That Roxas gets paired with Sora.

I'm going to Guess Terra gets Ike because Both are heavy weights with big swords but i wonder what the other characters get.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That’s not how that works. Like at all. I studied this in college. I have a degree in Film and Media arts and the rights for foreign syndication rights have nothing to do with who owns the copyright or what can be done with the characters in merchandise. If there are issues, they’re entire Nickelodeon corporate synergy weirdness ones. If you will look, shows that are already IN THE GAME were broadcasted on channels that were not Nickelodeon outside of America because Nickelodeon does not exist as a channel in every country. Do your good damn research.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm all for game preservation and normally don't care if people pirate or not.

However...I'd rather not have to wait another 19 years for the next 2D Metroid game so I'd rather they ****ing buy the game and show some support if they're really that interested.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That’s not how that works. Like at all. I studied this in college. I have a degree in Film and Media arts and the rights for foreign syndication rights have nothing to do with who owns the copyright or what can be done with the characters in merchandise. If there are issues, they’re entire Nickelodeon corporate synergy weirdness ones. If you will look, shows that are already IN THE GAME were broadcasted on channels that were not Nickelodeon outside of America because Nickelodeon does not exist as a channel in every country. Do your good damn research.
I started reading this and the First thing That came to mind was Plankton going "I went to college!"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I started reading this and the First thing That came to mind was Plankton going "I went to college!"
I just can’t stand people spewing misinformation like it’s the truth. Especially when we live in a world where people hold on to the first bit of information they read as the truth regardless of what people who actually know better tell them later. I keep telling people here over and over again that there are no copyright issues with Timmy and FOP and then the devs go and back me up but then people still keep saying stuff like this and it grinds my gears.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Sorry for...not knowing something? Regardless, there's no need to be so hostile about it geez.

MooMew64

Ahhh, that makes sense! I thought I heard something like that, but I wasn't sure if it was legit or not. How interesting.

You doing a World of Light nuzlocke too?

If so, awesome 😎
Hmm, now that you mention it, I might. I've attempted it a few times but never got far.

Maybe now that the game is truly finished completely, it's finally time to do that challenge until I can finally conquer it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm all for game preservation and normally don't care if people pirate or not.

However...I'd rather not have to wait another 19 years for the next 2D Metroid game so I'd rather they ****ing buy the game and show some support if they're really that interested.
See what I have said on the first point. My side is mostly to music and anime piracy and I'd rather rip music off than be connected to the internet every once a month for it.

Second point: Honestly with how rumoured the game was since back in the 00s and the wait for a Metroid game that isn't a remake or a spin-off I'm betting an easy two million copies from the game.
Metroid is back and even I want a piece.

Dutch Raikuna

Alright MooMew64 MooMew64 , I picked up that Kingdom Hearts collection on PS4.

Pretty excited to revisit this series and see if my opinion on it has changed nearly a decade later. I'm gonna wait until I've finished Dread, though.
It is a series I love and hate over personally.

I'll be up for hearing your thoughts dude.

As for me, I need to decide the next game to go with Dread right now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It took a long time for Timmy to get into Super Brawl Universe, but he got in...eventually. I guess Timmy's going to have to be NASB's Sora instead of, you know, the cartoon that started as a Nicktoon then got bought by Disney.
Didn't Doug, Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy debut at the same day and time?

MooMew64

Alright MooMew64 MooMew64 , I picked up that Kingdom Hearts collection on PS4.

Pretty excited to revisit this series and see if my opinion on it has changed nearly a decade later. I'm gonna wait until I've finished Dread, though.
Have fun, man. It's one of my all time favorite franchises, and it alongside Mario RPGs are the entire reason I enjoy the genre to begin with.

Also, just as a tip for when you start playing: No, it's not you, Donald is just not capable of ever casting cure on you. He cannot. It is against his nature to be helpful.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It is a series I love and hate over personally.

I'll be up for hearing your thoughts dude.

As for me, I need to decide the next game to go with Dread right now.
Yeah, I couldn't stand the story way back then but I honestly think I might be able to tolerate it now if I approach it differently. Some stuff like "badass" Mickey Mouse and everything regarding the Organization is a bit hard to take seriously, so I'll just embrace the cheese and hopefully enjoy it more.

And gameplay wise, I remember KH1 being clunky at first but it opened up somewhat in the final worlds. KH2 was tight though, especially the extra content in Final Mix with the data fights and Lingering Will (who I still have nightmares of lol). Don't have too many memories of that card game one or Birth by Sleep, though.

Have fun, man. It's one of my all time favorite franchises, and it alongside Mario RPGs are the entire reason I enjoy the genre to begin with.

Also, just as a tip for when you start playing: No, it's not you, Donald is just not capable of ever casting cure on you. He cannot. It is against his nature to be helpful.
Oh, I'm well aware of how useless Donald can be lol.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
a NASB tweet from Leffen that I can’t let free cause it has the S word sorry Mods I’ll take the infraction

This is a modding related tweet btw
I made the risk and accepted the penalty…I will see you on the other side
animaniacs?

More like Animeniacs!!
good thing the random anime parts are staying
Didn't Doug, Rugrats and Ren & Stimpy debut at the same day and time?
same year, day, channel, so on so forth

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Uuuuugh

I am convinced something is really wrong with my pc

imma do more extensive checks just to make sure

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Sorry for...not knowing something? Regardless, there's no need to be so hostile about it geez.
Sorry. I overrated. Just filled with the energy from Metroid Dread’s Finale.

How is not everyone here raving about dread btw? It’s an amazing game, it’s a Nintendo game, it’s METROID!!! Where are all the fans?

Dutch Raikuna

Just posting this amazing op again. And to encourage a bit of a fellow weeb whom I call one of my closest friends to watch the show.

Yeah, I couldn't stand the story way back then but I honestly think I might be able to tolerate it now if I approach it differently. Some stuff like "badass" Mickey Mouse and everything regarding the Organization is a bit hard to take seriously, so I'll just embrace the cheese and hopefully enjoy it more.

And gameplay wise, I remember KH1 being clunky at first but it opened up somewhat in the final worlds. KH2 was tight though, especially the extra content in Final Mix with the data fights and Lingering Will (who I still have nightmares of lol). Don't have too many memories of that card game one or Birth by Sleep, though.
For me it's just a bit too much on the Disney side and the annoying lack of SE worlds and stuff. Hope KH4 starts that trend finally.

Combat for me didn't really improve until Dream Drop Distance as all of it were just a bit boring.

And controversial but I did enjoy Re:Chain of Memories combat system.

Sorry. I overrated. Just filled with the energy from Metroid Dread’s Finale.

How is not everyone here raving about dread btw? It’s an amazing game, it’s a Nintendo game, it’s METROID!!! Where are all the fans?
As someone who is playing it I gotta say that the gameplay is smooth. I don't really care much from the story honestly.

If it weren't for Scarlet Nexus and Mass Effect 2 remastered it would probably be game of the year for me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just can’t stand people spewing misinformation like it’s the truth. Especially when we live in a world where people hold on to the first bit of information they read as the truth regardless of what people who actually know better tell them later. I keep telling people here over and over again that there are no copyright issues with Timmy and FOP and then the devs go and back me up but then people still keep saying stuff like this and it grinds my gears.
Except the Devs didn’t back you up.

That post I tagged you in, specifically said there is no Fredirator copyright issue.

It did not say there weren’t copy rights with other companies claiming them.

There is clearly something legally blocking Timmy or he would have been in the game at this point or even in the DLC files.

The fact that he’s not should clue you in. You can say you went to college all you want, but using that to try and demean others isn’t right.

College means jack **** in the world despite what they try to tell you. Someone without a degree can be just as knowledgeable as someone who has one.

Also I kinda doubt your classes specifically discussed Legal issues with Nickelodeon characters.

Regardless, we can’t say for sure what the problem with Timmy is. But that doesn’t give you the right to repeatedly look down on people here who are casually discussing things and can be just as right as you are, the same way we can all be right. We aren’t the developers or heads at Nick, so we shouldn’t act like them.

Dutch Raikuna

Land of the Lustrous, right? I didn't know it was CGI.

I'll add it to the list.
Dude. Watch a clip of it and then watch a clip of RWBY.

I was mixed on it until I saw the animation but it is very good and I love distant future stories. Like millions of years into the future. Does get a bit existential though like Re:Zero and changes into a different genre.

Music is one of the best I've listened to. Would put it up there with Cowboy Bebop, Made in Abyss, Laid Back Camp and No Game No Life for best soundtracks.

Uh, best I can do selling point for the show.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thinking about picking up Super Smash Flash 2 again, mainly to see how their Sora (who they've had since 2010) compares to the official Sora.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Thinking about picking up Super Smash Flash 2 again, mainly to see how their Sora (who they've had since 2010) compares to the official Sora.
Best to do it now, because next SSF2 update they'll change Sora's moveset to copy Smash Ultimate like they have for all of the original moveset interpretations they've murdered in the past (RIP Mega Man specifically my homie deserved better 😔)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom