• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It just hit me that all three Square stages introduced in Ultimate have the exact same thing going on.

Flying platform floating around an iconic setpiece from the original game.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This probably would have been really expensive but i think the perfect stage for Sora would have been Castle Oblivion, not only was that place introduced in a Kingdom hearts game from a Nintendo console but the entire schtick of the place is bombarding anyone in it with halucinations of places they've been in the past, you could have squeezed a lot of fanservice in a place like that.

But Hollow Bastion works too lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Surprised it wasn't Twilight Town actually. It's probably the most recognizable Kingdom Hearts location alongside Destiny Islands.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This probably would have been really expensive but i think the perfect stage for Sora would have been Castle Oblivion, not only was that place introduced in a Kingdom hearts game from a Nintendo console but the entire schtick of the place is bombarding anyone in it with halucinations of places they've been in the past, you could have squeezed a lot of fanservice in a place like that.

But Hollow Bastion works too lol
But you see. Then Disney would need to have been payed licensing for all of their franchises which was clearly never gonna happen.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
American Dad is funny…and will never make genuine sense
There was a problem fetching the tweet
the red stuff is a bald cap with red sauce and cheese mixed together and not actual human blood…but is meant to represent blood

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I actually do like the fact that the DLC stages (Smash 4 included) are rather simplistic without annoying unavoidable gimmicks that ruin the stage (Smash 4 has a lot for some reason). Imo, the only one that's bad is Spiral Mountain because there's way too much going on in that stage, but even then it's not unplayable.
Unless you have motion sickness like me and it's literally the only stage you can't play on lmao.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Even still on the stage talk:

I still think a bit of personal disappointment (I know, I shouldn't *****) was the lack of new stages in the base game. I would have happily seen about 10 retro go for about 5 new ones.

I actually do like the fact that the DLC stages (Smash 4 included) are rather simplistic without annoying unavoidable gimmicks that ruin the stage (Smash 4 has a lot for some reason). Imo, the only one that's bad is Spiral Mountain because there's way too much going on in that stage, but even then it's not unplayable.
I agree on that and some stages are easily among the best in the series (Suzaku Castle, Mementos, Mishima Dojo, Cloud Sea of Alrest etc.) and I love them.

Just a few I would have minded changes like different platform heights or something.

Umbra Clock Tower: I love Bayonetta but the stage just looks off to me. Wouldn't have minded another location.

Spring Stadium: Would have preferred it being the Ramen Bowl or even the stage a bit bigger.

Mementos: I love the stage to pieces but I think having another 2 or 3 random variations to reflect the RNG of the game's layout as an idea.

Yggdrasil's Altar: Slow down the stage moving around. One reason why I find it hard to play.

Hollow Bastion: I know why HB is so iconic but I was hoping for Traverse Town with character cameos. Unlikely cause SE and Disney but I hoped.

Dude, Spiral Mountain is rough for me too. I have to play FD or Battlefield versions, it hurts my head to look at it on the normal version.
I love Spiral Mountain but man yous are right on that. Even worse on 8-player Smash. Dizzy as hell.

Also my friend, loving the Xion pfp.

I honestly prefer the stages being relatively simple in design. Northern Cave is my favorite among the DLC for that reason, and I suspect that Hollow Bastion will be another one I gravitate towards the most.
Again I agree on that. I didn't want more crazy gimmicks and some were simple but clever in there (Cloud Sea of Alrest with Azurda's Head as a great example).

Mine is just more to do with like different stage heights or making the stage itself bigger by a quarter or so.

Still love them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
:ultbanjokazooie::ultfox::ultdk:: Furry intensifies
:ultbayonetta:: Dressed in highly impractical high fashion clothes and wields four Keyblades
:ultfalcon:: Sci-fi racer outfit
:ultcloud:: Nothing changes
:ultduckhunt:: Dressed like a cowboy with his Keyblade looking like a light gun
:ultdoc:: Wears a lab coat
:ulthero:: Akira Toriyama design
:ulticeclimbers:: Wears a parka
:ultinkling:: Inksona
:ultjoker:: Phantom Thief mask inspired by Organization XIII
:ultkazuya:: Heartless Gene Sora
:ultkirby:: Kirby but with Sora Hat
:ultlink:: Hylian and wears a tunic
:ultlittlemac:: The only Punch-Out character that isn't a national stereotype
:ultmario:: Wears overalls
:ultmarth:: Pegasus Rider clothes with the pegasus from Hercules
:ultmegaman:: Key Man
:ultmiifighters:: Sora Mii Costume
:ultminmin: Wears a luchador outfit with rubber hose arms
:ultgnw:: Mr. Game & Watch with anime hair
:ultness:: Clay-mation design with beady eyes
:ultolimar:: Chibi Sora in a spacesuit
:ultpacman:: Looks exactly the same as regular Sora but wears a ghost cap
:ultpikachu:: Trainersona
:ultpit:: Pretty much already Pit
:ultshulk:: Is dressed like Rex
:ultrob:: Toy Story design recycled
:ultryu:: Wears a karate gi
:ultsamus:: Is dressed in a Metroid suit with his KHIII color scheme
:ultsimon:: Wears a ruffly shirt and has a chain-Keyblade
:ultsnake:: Kid in soldier cosplay
:ultsonic:: Chris Thorndyke
:ultsteve:: http://mod-minecraft.net/sora-skin/
:ult_terry:: Idk, greaser clothes?
:ultvillager:: Looks like a Villager
:ultwiifittrainer:: Timeless River design
:ultyoshi:: Baby
:ultwario:: WarioWare-like design, he's dressed in work clothes
🤔 🤔🤔

Hmmm…

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So stupid thing and don't kill me but I got curious about something. As for how I would do the line-up of the Fighters Passes in hindsight.

FP1
Banjo-Kazooie
Sephiroth
Kazuya
Steve
Hero

FP2
Min-Min
Terry
Pyra/Mythra
Joker
Byleth
Sora

No real reason other than to remind myself of the lack of Royal and Strikers party members and music on Mementos and a change of Joker to the other pass would have helped increase that chance.

1633884780019.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I'm not all too prone to motion sickness, so Spiral Mountain never really affected me, but geez, I am just surprised that the Smash team never thought about their players getting motion sickness on that stage-

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 will interest you:

However do read the replies, because the person they posted said there are other issues for Timmy. Which is odd given the live action show.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 will interest you:

However do read the replies, because the person they posted said there are legal issues for Timmy. Which is odd given the live action show.
Interesting.

Jenny probably has the best odds given fan demand, but the lack of any FOP content is strange and really does make me wonder what's going on behind the scenes. Ah well, at least Jimmy's probably getting in.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Interesting.

Jenny probably has the best odds given fan demand, but the lack of any FOP content is strange and really does make me wonder what's going on behind the scenes. Ah well, at least Jimmy's probably getting in.
Maybe it’s a Butch Hartman thing. That wouldn’t explain Danny Phantom though. Unless Butch is more of a problem with FOP because it lasted longer. He still has creative control on the live action show, so he’s obviously very involved with the franchise.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also just got a pizza & 100% Maridia aka the least good part of Super Metroid.

idk if I able to finish the game 100% before Dread, but at least I got quite far.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Easily GOTY, my only real issues are Energy Parts being padding and after a back and forth, realizing that bosses don't change colour when fighting them. Other than that, I'd say Metroid's never been better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom