• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
What's the appeal behind Geno again? I'm not trying to be rude I'm just genuinely curious why he is so popular lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
What's the appeal behind Geno again? I'm not trying to be rude I'm just genuinely curious why he is so popular lol
Geno, along with the rest of Mario RPG’s cast and world, really connected with a lot of people. And that world will most likely never appear again, cuz Nintendo and Square don’t feel the need to work together in that capacity anymore.

So these people, who fell in love with a version of Mario’s world that will never appear again, want it to be revived and immortalized in smash. And Geno is the one they chose to support because…he’s kinda cool. He does some cool stuff, he’s got cool moves. He’s cool.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Better luck next game when there’s only 12 characters total and like 5 of them are new and Sakurai isn’t directing and the gaming landscape has changed so much that some characters have lost their only shot if ever getting in! Better LUCK!!!
How about we enjoy what we have now and cross that bridge when we get to it. It’s likely gonna be a long time before we get another Smash game

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
know. I’m being petty. I shouldn’t have even posted. But you didn’t need to be a snarky asshole about it. Plus you’ed know the restraint I was showing if you realized that Steve wasn’t on my list of characters I tried to wish away despite my well known dislike of minecraft.
Alright I'll admit I got a little snarky, so I'm sorry if that ended up offending you. I'm just tired of negativity plague fandoms for things I enjoy. Things that I turn to to escape all the hardships I struggle with irl. This stuff can actually bring me down sometimes.

Let me tell you something. There was not a single DLC character in this line up that I actually wanted. There are some I kind of like and play as sometimes, but nothing I was estatic over. So it's kind of annoying when I see other people constantly complaining that things didn't go almost exactly how they wanted it to.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ultimate may have not gotten all the characters I wanted (Crash, Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, Medusa, etc.) but I'm happy with what I got given I got my most wants:ultridley::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:and that's more then enough. Let's just appreciate such a game like Ultimate exists because we're probably never gonna see such an achievement again.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Popular Brawl request. Sakurai said he'd like him in like over a decade ago.

That's about it.

When will people wake up amd realize the better Mario RPG pick has been right here the whole time
PMOK_Mario_Jumping.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How about we enjoy what we have now and cross that bridge when we get to it. It’s likely gonna be a long time before we get another Smash game
I have a hard time enjoying what we have now BECAUSE I don’t have quite everything I wanted, have quite a lot I don’t, and the future looks so bleak.

When your favorite isn’t revealed. You immediately think “well maybe next time”. And then you have a sinking feeling when you realize when the next game is going to be “Super Smash Bros: Subpar Emissary”. This was the one chance you had and you didn’t make it. How can you enjoy it?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Popular Brawl request. Sakurai said he'd like him in like over a decade ago.

That's about it.

When will people wake up amd realize the better Mario RPG pick has been right here the whole time
View attachment 333488
I'd be down for Paper Mario lol. Or Captain Toad. Or Pauline. Idk there's a lot of cool Mario characters left.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I have a hard time enjoying what we have now BECAUSE I don’t have quite everything I wanted, have quite a lot I don’t, and the future looks so bleak.

When your favorite isn’t revealed. You immediately think “well maybe next time”. And then you have a sinking feeling when you realize when the next game is going to be “Super Smash Bros: Subpar Emissary”. This was the one chance you had and you didn’t make it. How can you enjoy it?
I didn’t get literally everything I wanted so everything sucks

I know dudes who got literally nothing over the whole three years, dawg. I got like, five things. And I cherish them everyday. You should be happy about what you have instead of despairing over what you didn’t get, because all that does is ruin your mood.

Or you can continue moping and doping, don’t let me stop you.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Dawg, I mean this with all seriousness, but you need to take a break from Smash. Having anxiety attacks and depression over who gets in a crossover fighting game isn't healthy

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Consider: It is just a video game, not the end of the world. You'll be okay dude.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is in 5 weeks!

Still strange it ain't coming out this month given its Halloween.

Seems promising and the potential to be one of the better "belated" sequels. That said gonna rewatch Ghostbusters 1 & 2 this month to be ready for it.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

There will always be something you want but don't have. The moment you get the thing you want, you'll realize there's something else you still don't.

This mentality just sets you up to always be angry no matter what happens.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Dawg, I mean this with all seriousness, but you need to take a break from Smash. Having anxiety attacks and depression over who gets in a crossover fighting game isn't healthy
Yeah like, being bummed for a couple of hours? That's fine, you don't have to like everything and missing out completely does suck at the end of the day, but so many other people also missed out on plenty of characters they really wanted too.

If the character you want in Smash not getting in legitimately makes you depressed and/or makes you act out you might want to reconsider some things. Or y'know...

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was hoping someone would at least give me points for that Subpar Emissary pun.
I honestly don’t think the next smash game is gonna suck :drshrug:

Yes the roster will be significantly reduced, and that sucks. But there are way they could make up for it. Significant gameplay changes, a majorly improved story mode, there’s ways.

But y’know, if all you care about is the roster it’ll probably be excruciating.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I honestly don’t think the next smash game is gonna suck :drshrug:

Yes the roster will be significantly reduced, and that sucks. But there are way they could make up for it. Significant gameplay changes, a majorly improved story mode, there’s ways.

But y’know, if all you care about is the roster it’ll probably be excruciating.
Isn’t that the driving force of a fighting game? Especially a crossover fighting game like smash?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wanna see Smash Bros crossover with Marvel. That would be sick.
Speaking of which. Imagine a Marvel Ultimate Alliance style Smash game.

Also would work as a successor to the Nicktoons Unite games.

Fun fact: Samus and Link were originally planned as Wii exclusives for the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s not the entire point. There’s other ways this future game can be a celebration of gaming.

This future game which won’t exist for another six years.
Six years. And two months for a dlc character felt like an eternity. Six years for a pittling sequel with half the characters or less. It’s hell Noi. It’s pure hell.

At least we have Nick Brawl in the mean time. But man….. this sucks.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ehh, I’m not feeling like the next Smash is just going to ditch all the work done for Ultimate. Just because Negotiations are hard doesn’t mean it’s impossible. It’s much easier to renegotiate on something that’s already been very successful before than it is trying to prove that the negotiations coming to fruition will be indeed fruitful without proof.

What I’m saying is. I really don’t think we’re getting a roster purge for next smash. Like Ultimate is a 4.5 next game will be an Ultimate.5 in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom