• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Everyone knows Smash is just the Character Select Screen, the "gameplay" is all paid actors :4wario2:
Like it or not, the peak Smash Bros was when the roster was literally the only element.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’ve been having these strange thoughts lately, that Sora was revealed for smash.

Surely that can’t be real
Yeah, you confused Sora with Mickey Mouse.

Easy mistake, I know.

Reactions: Z25

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I’ve been having these strange thoughts lately, that Sora was revealed for smash.

I dozed off on the bus today

When I woke up, I thought to myself "oh right, Sora's in Smash, what the ****?"

It's just so surreal and I'm sorry if I said it a lot today but i can't get over it

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!

It was Cinderace, like we all thought,

The sheer rage accumulated by r/ smashbros manifested into a nuclear explosion. Wiping out civilization.

Now put your gas mask on, we’re hunting for scrap metal tonight. It’s almost dinner time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It was Cinderace, like we all thought,

The sheer rage accumulated by r/ smashbros manifested into a nuclear explosion. Wiping out civilization.

Now put your gas mask on, we’re hunting for scrap metal tonight. It’s almost dinner time.
Hold up, a nuclear explosion?

That mean I can finally say the thing!

Ahem, ahem.....

I'M NUCLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR, I'M WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILD!!!!!!!!!!!!..............

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to try to play through Kingdom Hearts 2 before October 18th, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that, seeing as Metroid Dread comes out in two days and that's going to be taking up a lot of my free time. (though it will definitely be much shorter than Kingdom Hearts 2)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ehh, I’m not feeling like the next Smash is just going to ditch all the work done for Ultimate. Just because Negotiations are hard doesn’t mean it’s impossible. It’s much easier to renegotiate on something that’s already been very successful before than it is trying to prove that the negotiations coming to fruition will be indeed fruitful without proof.

What I’m saying is. I really don’t think we’re getting a roster purge for next smash. Like Ultimate is a 4.5 next game will be an Ultimate.5 in my opinion.
I honestly agree.

For Nintendo Reps, it be pretty easy for them to port over most of them and save time.

For third party, most of these companies seem to just hand their characters over.

There’s no way Sega, Capcom Or Konami would be hard to work with again. Sakurai has talked highly about all of them, SNK to. We’ve seen them all be pretty generous towards the game.

Microsoft and Nintendo are also super close right now.With Steve not going anywhere from gaming, I feel like there’s no way he’s going anywhere. He would probably be harder to port over, but I think they would do it.

Square also seems pretty generous. The rights may be harder for some of the content here, but I imagine Nintendo has made good faith with a lot of the people tied to those rights, so that it could be smoother in future if they wanted to get these characters again.

The only real cuts I could honestly see would be maybe Sora, echos, plant, and not sure on anything else.

Even Sora though if he makes bank, I think they would at least try to get back. I still don’t find it hard for Ultimate to just be ported over to some extent for a new game, street fighter 2 style.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hear me out tho

Smash Ultimate: Encore

or if the next console has 4K, Smash Ultimate: 4K Edition

… yeah Encore sounds better

also, if you have a Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or Twitch, change your passwords ASAP. Data breaches

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ehh, I’m not feeling like the next Smash is just going to ditch all the work done for Ultimate. Just because Negotiations are hard doesn’t mean it’s impossible. It’s much easier to renegotiate on something that’s already been very successful before than it is trying to prove that the negotiations coming to fruition will be indeed fruitful without proof.

What I’m saying is. I really don’t think we’re getting a roster purge for next smash. Like Ultimate is a 4.5 next game will be an Ultimate.5 in my opinion.
At the same time though, just because negotiations happened before doesn't mean they're suddenly as easy as flipping a switch. Even in terms of Smash jumping from Smash 4 to Ultimate Sakurai admitted he barely made it all work. We have double the third parties and over thirty more characters since those days, all with their costs, negotiations, balancing and resources, and at least a couple of those new ones they've already admitted took a lot of work to happen, so porting the game and adding more will be extremely demanding of the team. We also can't expect things to stay the same as company politics can shift, just look at Konami between Brawl and Smash 4.

In the end, it may not be impossible, but it will be very difficult. We take Ultimate for granted now because we have it in our hands, but we shouldn't forget all the work it took to happen, and the work it would take to happen again even at the base state.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think I wanna take a crack at making a hypothetical Smash Ultimate port roster. I don't really want that game to exist right now but I wanna take a crack at it anyway

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If you count Kingdom hearts as part of Final fantasy then Final fantasy somehow managed to get 3 totally unique playable characters in Smash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
bruh everybody making NASB tier list and disagree on all but one thing…

…Patrick ****ing sucks

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh ye when do the KH cloud editions come out? Will try streaming on Twitch

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Well, we have at least a few more years to enjoy all the Ultimate fighters anyway. IMO, regardless of what Smash does in the future, some group HAS to be alienated. Just porting Ultimate over will alienate those who don't wanna pay $60 again for what's mostly the same game plus...uh...newcomers from the newest Pokemon and FE, because base Ultimate couldn't have that many newcomers, and I imagine it'd be even worse if they tried to do Ultimate Deluxe.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Still pretty pissed that the Kingdom hearts Switch ports are only cloud versions.
I just dont understand why.

Well, we have at least a few more years to enjoy all the Ultimate fighters anyway. IMO, regardless of what Smash does in the future, some group HAS to be alienated. Just porting Ultimate over will alienate those who don't wanna pay $60 again for what's mostly the same game plus...uh...newcomers from the newest Pokemon and FE, because base Ultimate couldn't have that many newcomers, and I imagine it'd be even worse if they tried to do Ultimate Deluxe.
I think we can all agree though, that Sora aint happening again lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Still pretty pissed that the Kingdom hearts Switch ports are only cloud versions.
I just dont understand why.

I think we can all agree though, that Sora aint happening again lol
Maybe they weren’t lying about the Switch not being able to handle native ports? Which I still find BS, the first two are LITERALLY upscaled PS2 games, but oh well

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Maybe they weren’t lying about the Switch not being able to handle native ports? Which I still find BS, the first two are LITERALLY upscaled PS2 games, but oh well
The majority of these can run just fine on Switch is what bugs me.
Three PS2 games, a PSP game, a 3DS game and two movies based on DS games should be able to run on Switch just fine.

I get it for Kingdom Hearts 3 that game is too graphically intense for the Switch i just dont get why the others are like this.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Here is a challenge for you guys:
Create a roster of 39 Smash Ultimate veterans for a future Smash Bros title.
Why 39? Because that was the total number of fighters in Brawl.
A few rules: you are limited to a maximum of two third-party characters and you have to include Echo Fighters if a character has one (though they won't count to the total. Also if you want characters like :ultcharizard:and :ultpyra:, you have to include :ultsquirtle:, :ultivysaur:, and :ultmythra: due to their swap mechanics and they count to the total.
Here is my veteran roster:
Mario: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser:
Donkey Kong::ultdk::ultkrool:
Zelda::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
Metroid::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley:
Yoshi::ultyoshi:
Kirby::ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
Starfox::ultfox:
Pokemon::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:
Earthbound::ultness:
F-Zero::ultfalcon:
Fire Emblem::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultbyleth:
Kid Icarus::ultpit::ultdarkpit:
Pikmin::ultolimar:
Animal Crossing::ultisabelle:
Wii Fit::ultwiifittrainer:
Punch Out::ultlittlemac:
Xenoblade::ultshulk::ultpyra::ultmythra:
Splatoon::ultinkling:
ARMS::ultminmin
Retro::ultgnw::ultrob: