• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And they are wrong, it is legit the better game by far.
If it's so good why haven't as many people dedicated their lives to examining its code at the molecular level so they can speedrun it with -999 stars or run it on Windows even though they can already do that

checkmate atheists

Shroob

Sup?
If it's so good why haven't as many people dedicated their lives to examining its code at the molecular level so they can speedrun it with -999 stars or run it on Windows even though they can already do that

checkmate atheists
I cannot make Mario go funni WAHO-HO-HO-HO-HOHOHOOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO noise up stairs

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have a new avatar idea that I planned a couple days ago but I'll first check if tomorrow's Direct has any juicy avatar material before I change it.

D

Deleted member

IMG_20210922_194747.jpg

I'm trying out a really weird camera setup with my new webcam, lol.

(it's in my shirt pocket)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm just happy I get to actually watch it live. I was definitely expecting to have to miss it.

Thank you for airing things at normal times for once, Nintendo, lol.
For the past many Directs they kept airing while I was at work.

Not this time! :>

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Regular Show episodes be like:
Starts out normal with cosmic horror abominations or bizarre supernatural things after that things go back to normal.
(as well angry gumball machine saying you will be fired.)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I finished Deltarune Chapter 2.

I am now a [Big Shot]!

It was awesome. Also apparently the secret boss's appearance wasn't spoiled for me, (spoilers) just his earlier appearance which I didn't know he would have. The creepy basement's abandoned tracks area was spoiled for me though, but only how it looks, and only that one area of it (not the other rooms you find through it).

(more spoilers because I wanted to talk about it)
Sans is still epicly sansational as usual! Shame we didn't get to see Papyrus; hope we get to see him in later chapters. What if there's a joke with him only showing up near the end...?

Spamton was cool, probably like him about as much as Jevil.

The Sweet Cap'n Cakes are jammin'. Sweet is probably my favorite of the trio.

It's strange that apparently all Darkners are able to live in Castle Town/(playername)Town, but they can't live in other Dark Worlds they didn't come from, despite Castle Town seeming like it'd count as that. Also, how is Ralsei able to move between them if he's a Darkner? Hmm...

Queen is funny and great. Potassium.

Noelle is cute and pretty cool (pun intended).

epic gamer berdly

KRIS IS THE KNIGHT?! I wonder if their soul-rip-out-behavior is related to occult stuff, since Catti says they studied occult stuff with her...is there a weird demon in Kris? Is it Dr. Gaster...? I wonder if this thing is who slashed their tires, so I also wonder if they enjoy making Kris look bad alongside creating more Dark Worlds; at least they're not a murderer...

edit: forgot another thing (spoilers 3: the spoiling):
Napstablook being a cop is cool, and it’s funny seeing that them, Mettaton and the ghost of Mad Dummy/Mew Mew all live together. I wonder if we’ll get to see their ghosts’ appearances eventually…?

edit 2: gosh dang it okay one more (spoiler):
The secret with the Annoying Dog running you over in his toy car then running over the Game Over screen was really funny haha.

edit 3: OKAY FOR REAL THIS TIME gosh dang my memory (spoiler 5: the return of the spoiling):
The Original Starwalker is epic. Funny walk, funny just riding in your pocket, funny joining your party for just one room.

Also Nubert is my man! Awesome little dude; thank you, Nubert, for the treasure and nice talks.

Last edited:

KurokoGuy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4098-7839-2457
Switch FC
SW 3354 8684 7309
I don't know if anyone can help but im trying to get a brawl mod called "Super Smash Bros. 2" working on my Wii but everytime I boot it up it loads brawl can anyone help?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo Direct isn't the only Nintendo thing tomorrow: There's also episode 2 of Pokémon Evolutions

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
With tomorrow’s Direct coming, there’s bound to be lots of craziness. I feel for this speculation cycle this may be the last time I put up the ol reliable hype train song:
What a speculation cycle, so many events happening throughout, to the point I remember my exact hype level for each DLC character, but soon it could all end.
Don’t forget to hype responsibly!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I don’t know why I spent so much time on this, but I wrote out a trailer concept for a Mega Man movie (This could work either fully animated or live action with CGI game accurate robots)
Dr. Light (narration) (played by Stephen Fry): “I’m counting on you, my son.”

(An overhead light turns on, showing various machine activity)

“You are the product of years of technological advancement.” (A metallic hand clenches)

“A beacon of hope…” (Zoom out on futuristic circuitry)

“And peace.” (A blue robotic eye switches on like a screen)

“Go, my child. And bring balance to this city.” (Silhouette of Rock suiting up in a laboratory, putting on gauntlets and a helmet, his back turned walking out towards the light of the outside world resembling his iconic appearance. Cut to black.)

(Next shot reveals he’s actually in street clothes wearing a bike helmet and arm guards trying to ride a bike)

Rock (voiced by Zach Callison): “Come on, come on!” (struggling to get moving)

Roll (voiced by McKenna Grace): “Come on Rock! You can do it!” (Cheering him on alongside Rush. Rock falls over offscreen with Roll covering her eyes)

Rock (Next to the bike with the wheels bent, unable to support his weight): “Maybe we should take the bus.” (Rush starts licking his face)

(Bon Jovi’s Runaway starts playing. Movie logo variant-20XX Century Studios holographically projected over MM2 Wily’s Castle. Capcom’s logo appears afterwards. Overview of a futuristic city with an abundance of foliage.)

Rock (narration): “This is my home, Mega City. A city where humans and machines live in harmony.” (Various shots of robots interacting with humans, some of them helping out with various tasks)

Rock (narration): “It’s all thanks to my creator, Dr. Thomas Light.” (Dr. Light is standing at a podium with camera flashes holding his Nobel Prize. Rock, Roll, Rush and the 6 DLN Robot Masters stand proudly at his side.)

Rock (narration): “He created my brothers to make the city a better place...” (Shots of the Robot Masters carrying out various tasks such as Guts Man helping out with construction, Cut Man chopping down trees, etc.)

Rock (narration) “…and my sister Roll and I to be his children.” (Shot of the two entering Edison Middle School)

Dr. Light (narration): “I want you two to make some friends and socialize.” (Roll & Rock walk down the school hallway to see all the human students focused their attention on them. Uneasy, the two take each other’s hand for comfort)

Dr. Light (narration): “Experience the world outside this stuffy little lab.” (Roll & Rock find themselves leaning on a fence overlooking Mega City’s skyline.)

(Cut back to the lab)
Dr. Light: “After you finish your chores of course.” (Leaves them to an extremely messy laboratory)

Rock: “Have fun sis, I’m gonna see if I can defeat Cyber-Akuma.” (Pulls out a PlayStation controller)

Roll: “Come on, Rock! Could you please give me a hand?” (Changes expression to annoyed) “If you actually throw your hand at me, I will smack you with it.”

Rock: (Already holding his detached hand) “Heh heh. Couldn’t resist.” (Puts his hand back on)

(Cut to a sinister looking laboratory. MM11 Wily Capsule Theme starts playing)

Dr. Wily (played by Hugh Laurie): “All these years living in your shadow are over, Thomas.” (Smashes a mug while watching Light’s ceremony on his monitor)

Dr. Wily: “Those are MY machines too!” (Wily enters in some commands from his station and the Robot Masters wake up with a flash of red in their eyes.

(Bomb Man throws a couple bombs around the city, knocking away some humans, Ice Man freezing cars and fire hydrants.)

Fire Man (voiced by Nick Offerman): “I’ll burn this place to the ground!!!” (Surrounded by flames in a burning factory)

Dr. Wily : “Let’s show the world what our creations can REALLY do!” (Light, Roll & Rock are watching on the lab monitor in horror as the Robot Masters are wreaking havoc on Mega City and Wily laughs maniacally.)

Dr. Light (in despair): “How could this happen?! I need to stop this somehow!” (Rock looks to the monitor and then to his fists, clenching them)

Rock (narration): “You gotta upgrade me Doctor!” (Cut to his blue suit materializing on his body) “Give me the power to fight back!” (Close up on his head as his helmet and buster appear, his eyes glow brightly)

NEXT WINTER

Guts Man (voiced by Kyle Hebert) (about to throw a boulder when a bomb blows it up in his hands. He turns around to see Mega Man in his Hyper Bomb palette) “Bring it on, kid!” (charges towards him) (Bonnie Tyler’s Holding Out for a Hero starts playing)

BASED ON THE ICONIC VIDEO GAME SERIES

Cut Man (voiced by Alan Tudyk): “Can you beat THESE scissors, Rock?” (Throws a couple Boomerang Cutters at MM. Montage of MM taking on the Robot Masters, firing his Mega Buster, copying their powers, Roll hooked up to a hydrant and starts spraying down a burning building.)

GET EQUIPPED

Dr. Light (narration): “I want to believe there’s still some good in him.” (Wily working on machines and relishing in his evil actions)

Rock: “With all due respect Doctor, I don’t think a non-mad scientist would act like: (using a recording of Wily’s laugh) Mwa-hahaha!!” (imitating Wily’s pose while laughing)

Dr. Light: (raises his finger like he’s about to say something) “…fair point.”

AND POWER UP

(Giant electric sparks shoot out of a power plant)

Elec Man (voiced by Nathan Fillion): “If it isn’t Light’s golden child.”

(MM finds himself surrounded by all six Robot Masters at once)

Dr. Wily: “Tell me boy, what are you fighting for?” (Taunting MM from his UFO)

Mega Man: “I don’t wanna fight you…” (narrowly avoids Cut Boomerang as it sticks into the wall behind him) (Narration) “but I’ll do what it takes to protect my city.” (Slightly battle damaged with sparks flying, he gets back up with a determined look on his face. Cut to scenes of him
being consoled by Light and Roll.)

Mega Man: “I will fight for everyone's future!” (MM lifts up some rubble that trapped some of his classmates. He offers his hand out to them.)

(Montage of Mega Man dodging energy spheres, chasing down Wily’s UFO and about to fire the finishing blow to Elec Man as he’s charging towards him.)

(Giant “Mega Man” title appears on screen accompanied by an arranged version of the MM2 menu theme)

Human Friend™️: “Can he do any tricks?”

(Cut to Rush interacting with a live dog in the middle of a living room)

Rock: “Well, he can sit, shake, roll over.”

Human Friend: “I mean something my dog can’t do.”

Rock (now standing on top of Rush): “All right Rush, Jet Mode!”

Rush: “Ruff!” (Accidentally activates Rush Coil and sends Rock through the ceiling. Human friend tries to shield themselves while cringing)

Rock (half buried in the ceiling, Rush hanging off his foot trying to pull him out) “We’re still…working on that command.”

Coming Christmas 20XX!

I spent way too much time on this ****, any Mega Man fans I should tag for this?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nobody tell him
View attachment 331189
I'm not saying it I'm not saying it I'm not saying it
Jenny does beat stuff a lot tbf.

The whole show is her beating dudes til they can't move.
That's somebody's f----

Arrested by Ramen
for once it wasn’t an inappropriate reason…since that gets you banned.

it was somehow about beating up the devs if Jenny and the rest of the Holy 4 didn’t get in the game

but now I am unable to bleach my eyes hard enough
235DF3D6-F63D-4265-8C8B-9DC568967CAF.jpeg

Blackhearts

Smash Cadet
In a week, I won't be involved with much for gaming, due to finding some merit to my life. I'll be assisting my bestie in her future business when we graduate from school one day. I could see my self popping in here sometimes.

Her stubborn love for me resonates strongly. I can't help but to show love in return. <3

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Surprised to see an Adult Swim collaboration in 2021 prioritize Space Ghost over Rick and Morty.

speaking of prioritizing the old over the new i am still adamant that cp11 will be a first party older than the switch

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Anyway

In the chance we do see FP11 tomorrow

Putting all my chips on Master Chief, one final bet, for one final character.
One Final Bet ok...

Half My chips go on a Wario character, my other half goes on an Undertale character

Or something idk. I have no expectations

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm near the final boss of NMH3. I still have to do a lot of missions if I want to 100% the game, which is the only thing I have left to do before tackling the final area of the game.

I'll leave my comprehensive thoughts for when I'm actually finished, but my opinion right now is that you'd definitely like it if you're a Suda fan, and you'll probably like it if you're diehard for graphics not mattering over fun factor. The combat is very enjoyable, aside from some enemies being a bit hard to manage in a group fight setting, like the Tripleputs. The downgrade from earlier builds make me wonder if the game would've been ultimately better off on PS5, although this series has been pretty loyal to Nintendo since Day 1 and they pushed the game somewhat so I guess they owe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom