• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master
The cycle.

I got to thank Kung Fu Panda for teaching me that animation is for everyone, not just for kids.
I'm still watching cartoons (and anime) despite being nearly 30.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yo can I drop an Adventure Time take here?

Show was awesome when it wasn’t trying to be philosophical. Like, when it focused on two bros having an adventure was the 11/10 stuff.

Basically:

The comics are better.
I think some of the early philosophical stuff was kinda cool, because it sorta came out of no where. But when the show got a reputation for it they leaned hard into it, which ruined the novelty.

But even when it was good, the pure adventure stuff was always better. So yeah.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yo can I drop an Adventure Time take here?

Show was awesome when it wasn’t trying to be philosophical. Like, when it focused on two bros having an adventure was the 11/10 stuff.

Basically:

The comics are better.
Imo, it was funny until they made Finn into a total depressed **** wad during and after the Flame Princess saga. It went downhill after that.

This is why Jake is the chad.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know I’m a dumbass for not noticing this, but

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I think some of the early philosophical stuff was kinda cool, because it sorta came out of no where. But when the show got a reputation for it they leaned hard into it, which ruined the novelty.

But even when it was good, the pure adventure stuff was always better. So yeah.
I think Hall of Egress was the only time I liked the philosophical stuff, but even then it wasn’t for the philosophy, I just think the concept of Finn being in an endless loop was cool.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imo, it was funny until they made Finn into a total depressed **** wad during and after the Flame Princess saga. It went downhill after that.

This is why Jake is the chad.
It always struck me as strange how absolutely sidelined Finn got later in the show. He didn’t even have a super prominent role in the finale.

He’s one of the title characters, it’s like if Steven Universe got kicked to the curb during the last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Huh I hadn't really given it much thought but you right I can't really think of any cartoons where us gay guys were represented-

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh really?

I haven’t engaged with Adventure Time in a good long while, I didn’t even watch the specials lol
Yeah I just looked it up recently out of curiosity lol.

Dunno if I’ll ever watch them, mainly ‘cause I’d rather just read the comics at this point if I want more AT lol.

It serves as the show’s true epilogue:

‘Finn dies and searches for Jake in the afterlife. They go on one last adventure together to stop New Death from destroying the afterlife cycle of reincarnation or something like that. By the end, Finn and Jake choose to reincarnate so they can be “Together Again”.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Dunno if I’ll ever watch them, mainly ‘cause I’d rather just read the comics at this point if I want more AT lol.

‘Finn dies and searches for Jake in the afterlife. They go on one last adventure together to stop New Death from destroying the afterlife cycle of reincarnation or something like that. By the end, Finn and Jake choose to reincarnate so they can be “Together Again”.
That’s actually a really sweet way to end these characters.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I don’t really think about this much, but this is definitely correct.
There’s not really any good explanations. They’re all negative stuff which you can assume on your own.
Frankly, I don’t care. But I know some people are rightfully concerned about representation, so this just shows that there’s always something which could be represented better, I guess.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I still liked Adventure Time after it got more serious/philosophical, I still thought it was cool and still do, though I believe I missed a considerable amount since I thought it stopped being on air as much as it usually was earlier on and I started playing games more than watching TV…but I still saw some newer episodes, and I think the finale or at least part of it.

Is there a way to watch the new special with Finn and Jake without buying HBO Max…?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I still liked Adventure Time after it got more serious/philosophical, I still thought it was cool and still do, though I believe I missed a considerable amount since I thought it stopped being on air as much as it usually was earlier on and I started playing games more than watching TV…but I still saw some newer episodes, and I think the finale or at least part of it.

Is there a way to watch the new special with Finn and Jake without buying Hulu…?
Of course there is.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It only took one word for me to fear him.

Fall
Dude set the standard for animated television villains for years to come as far as I'm concerned.

When this statement is a part of the original pitch for a show that was originally almost all comedy, you know this guy was always meant to be a big deal.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Of course there is.

Yeah, it's called piracy. There's tons of sites out there. Look it up.
Well, I already emulate vidyagaems, I may as well :4wario2:

Tbh I normally wouldn’t, but I don’t really make money myself yet, and it feels weird to ask my Dad when we already got Netflix and Disney+, especially since it’d only be for one series :S

…before posting this, it seems I don’t even have to pirate in the usual sense anyway, I just found an online one I can watch for free, no downloading; thank you, internet :>

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh I hadn't really given it much thought but you right I can't really think of any cartoons where us gay guys were represented-
In terms of a major character In a show I can think of one thing:
1627790866280.jpeg

Boxman and Venomous from OKKO are canonically gay and end up married in the finale. They are also the main antagonists so it’s interesting to see their characters develop in the show.

Outside of that, The Owl House has Willow’s parents who aren’t shown as much but always great whenever they are on screen.

Together Again was a really great special and finale. It has some nice call backs and lots of moments for characters to shine. It’s been my favorite of the specials. The original ending isn’t bad and has some sweet character moments, but together again blends the lore and story of the whole show together so well.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The Litch King was a good AT villain but they never really did much with him. There were several times it looked like there would be a saga but then it ended abruptly.

Shroob

Sup?

Tbh I normally wouldn’t, but I don’t really make money myself yet, and it feels weird to ask my Dad when we already got Netflix and Disney+, especially since it’d only be for one series :S

…before posting this, it seems I don’t even have to pirate in the usual sense anyway, I just found an online one I can watch for free, no downloading; thank you, internet :>
You'll get your sea legs eventually, maybe even captain your own ship.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Time to call the cops on you because I am a Nintendo fans and in their eyes emulation and piracy is a felony that can be tried by death.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
outside of parents, you’d think there’d be at least a few. I know Voltron has a gay couple, but since I haven’t seen the show, I’m not too sure whether or not it was respectfully treated.
I don’t really think about this much, but this is definitely correct. There’s not really any good explanations. They’re all negative stuff which you can assume on your own. Frankly, I don’t care. But I know some people are rightfully concerned about representation, so this just shows that there’s always something which could be represented better, I guess.
as long as it’s not forced I’m good
In terms of a major character In a show I can think of one thing:
View attachment 324953
Boxman and Venomous from OKKO are canonically gay and end up married in the finale. They are also the main antagonists so it’s interesting to see their characters develop in the show.

Outside of that, The Owl House has Willow’s parents who aren’t shown as much but always great whenever they are on screen.

Together Again was a really great special and finale. It has some nice call backs and lots of moments for characters to shine. It’s been my favorite of the specials. The original ending isn’t bad and has some sweet character moments, but together again blends the lore and story of the whole show together so well.
Male parents seem to be the main way they have gay couples in animation oddly enough. This, Loud House, Ducktales, and She Ra being examples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom