• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Doctor Who

but this time

an owl regeneration
"Doktah, yer a bloody owl."

"Why thank you! I have been staying up a bit later than usual!"

"No, I mean, you're literally an owl."

".....Ah, yes, that.... Look, Time Lords are... we're just weird like that, okay? You shoulda met Misterflick back on Gallifrey..... poor sod regenerated into an elephant. Couldn't even fit through his front door."

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Shantae 1 on the Game Boy Color is not a good game. I don’t know if that’s a hot take or not but it just isn’t very fun.
That's actually a pretty common opinion among the community.

It's a very impressive game considering the hardware it was released on, but it's full of archaic design choices that just make it a chore to play nowadays.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
"Doktah, yer a bloody owl."

"Why thank you! I have been staying up a bit later than usual!"

"No, I mean, you're literally an owl."

".....Ah, yes, that.... Look, Time Lords are... we're just weird like that, okay? You shoulda met Misterflick back on Gallifrey..... poor sod regenerated into an elephant. Couldn't even fit through his front door."
The best part is this is the exact nonsense Classic Who would write into an episode and I love it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I was having an argument with someone on Discord about life **** and his brother started yelling in the background. I'm not exactly sure what sparked him to say this but it made both of us laugh our asses off.

"You ****ing neanderthals need to understand that you cannot milk a jelly fish for jelly. Sponges from the ocean aren't used to make sponges for cleaning. Krabs is spelt c r a b s, not k r a b s, SPONGEBOB IS NOT REAL!!"
What are they talking about? Spongebob is real and we have proof!
B0A62288-DCBF-4F17-8420-15FCD2D43A0D.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was listening to an Arlocast and he had Shesez from Boundry Break and AntDude on as guests and one of them (I don’t remember which) said that back in the day Capcom and Konami were like… the two kings of third party Nintendo system games and considered it a rivalry like Marvel and DC…… is that true? Like…. forgive me but I wasn’t like…. Alice in the 90s. It’s just an opinion I’ve never heard before.

Shroob

Sup?
Unfortunately I haven’t watched Classic Who much, but I’ve read a ton about it and now I kinda want to go watch some lol.
oh, it's not real

It's memes

They even got the still alive members of the cast for this **** lol.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Shantae 1 on the Game Boy Color is not a good game. I don’t know if that’s a hot take or not but it just isn’t very fun.
It definitely hasn’t aged the best. That’s kinda why I encourage new players to skip it and go straight to Risky’s Revenge. I respect it purely on the basis of it being the first game

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's actually a pretty common opinion among the community.

It's a very impressive game considering the hardware it was released on, but it's full of archaic design choices that just make it a chore to play nowadays.
Like… there are so many things they could have done on the switch port to fix it up. Small stuff like zooming out the screen and deactivating lives and giving you a map on the pause screen and tying the martial arts attacks to a separate button. Like…. ROM hack level stuff.

MooMew64

I know you're huge on PC and emulation, so here's a neat trick. With a certain purpoise, you can get Skyward Sword HD for free!

Buy the Sponge.

/s...kinda
I could emulate it under the rules I follow: My brother owns it, lol. I could also buy it on Wii U for insanely cheaper.

I’ll still pick it up on Switch at some point ‘cause I like collecting Nintendo tho: and I wanna have it on my Switch.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I could emulate it under the rules I follow: My brother owns it, lol. I could also buy it on Wii U for insanely cheaper.

I’ll still pick it up on Switch at some point ‘cause I like collecting Nintendo tho: and I wanna have it on my Switch.
I mean, I simply don't wanna pay $60 for a Wii game that's not all that amazing, but I'm too fricken lazy to bother emulating let alone download Dolphin.

I'll just wait for my old roomate to get me that as a surprise gift like he did with 3D All Stars lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was listening to an Arlocast and he had Shesez from Boundry Break and AntDude on as guests and one of them (I don’t remember which) said that back in the day Capcom and Konami were like… the two kings of third party Nintendo system games and considered it a rivalry like Marvel and DC…… is that true? Like…. forgive me but I wasn’t like…. Alice in the 90s. It’s just an opinion I’ve never heard before.
Well I’ve been alive since 600 BC so I can verify this is indeed true.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I simply don't wanna pay $60 for a Wii game that's not all that amazing, but I'm too fricken lazy to bother emulating let alone download Dolphin.

I'll just wait for my old roomate to get me that as a surprise gift like he did with 3D All Stars lol.
Goodness

I would be rather careful around a creature like that, you know

Countless Guilty Gear players die due to dolphin to face syndrome daily

MooMew64

Definitely understandable, lol.

I also kiiiinda buy these ports because, while the price is sigh inducing, I want to support the act of them at least attempting to rerelease old games in a decent state like all their rereleases are.

‘So basically:

I buy the whelming Mario 64 port on Switch, so I can say I support it.

Then I emulate the much better Render96 version on my Steam Deck lol.

That kind of thing.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just finished watching the first episode of Jahy-sama. I think this anime is going to fill the void left by Nagatoro ending fairly well, IMO. Really cute stuff. It's pretty much a reverse isekai since Jahy ends up in the human world and has to worry about things like rent and being able to live off chump change until her next check hits. The show kinda gives off a Devil is a Part Timer vibe now that I think about it, so I'll tag my mate Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna since it might be up his alley.

The Hololive ED song is pretty annoying though, and I'm not just saying that because it's Hololive.
Yeah I'm seriously considering watching it. Reminds me of Gabriel Dropout more than Part Timer to be fair.

Light fantasy slice of life anime are my slow jams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom