• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nickelodeon doesn’t actually own Lazy Town. It’s a third party production from Iceland I think that just aired on the network over here. It would be nice, but honestly I’m not holding my breath for third party characters.
True but most third party characters are from companies with strong relations with Nick, even today. So I really wouldn’t count them out. At least things like the power Rangers. I’d be shocked if they didn’t get in, considering Nick played such a big part in the merch potential of that franchise.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
FOP used to be great I’ll never not be mad
That’s what happens when Butch’s ego gets in the way. He’s the exact reason Danny Phantom went downhill to. One of the other main writers and producers left because Butch was refusing to try and take the show in a dark let direction after they did the episode where Danny’s friends and family get murdered after he cheats on the SATS.

Moral of the story is don’t cheat kids.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Double post
I think the best way to describe Spongebob is it's the Seinfield of cartoons.

If Seinfield doesn't click for you, then Spongebob won't either.

If you're going in expecting a super realized world and layered jokes, you're usually not going to get that. However, the fact that Spongebob is basically quotable for almost any situation imaginable shows it's just 'the everyman' of cartoons.
Well. Now I know to never watch Seinfeld. Thanks.

True but most third party characters are from companies with strong relations with Nick, even today. So I really wouldn’t count them out. At least things like the power Rangers. I’d be shocked if they didn’t get in, considering Nick played such a big part in the merch potential of that franchise.
They weren’t in the kart racer and that speaks volumes to me. Though we did get Jojo Siwa so… who really even knows.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Say Shroob Shroob (btw I hope me tagging you often those last few days aren't bothering ya), ya ever heard/tried out The Hopeful & The Pointless? Two very good Lisa fangame that expand quite on the world while still doing their own things.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hot take:

The Spongebob movie is one of the best movies ever. Not because it’s a pinnacle of culture and filmmaking or anything like that, but because it accomplishes what it set out to do perfectly. It’s pure fun from beginning to end, and that counts for something in my book.
Hotter take: The 2nd was better.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They weren’t in the kart racer and that speaks volumes to me. Though we did get Jojo Siwa so… who really even knows.
I think it all comes down to demand. Like Jojo was big for Nick when that game came out. The fact that Nigel Thornberry beat every character out from that show, says a lot imo. I think they are paying attention to the more popular options currently here.

Especially when Reptar is the rugrats rep so far. Which you could argue they are babies, but if they can drive race cars, they could fit in a cartoony fighting game IMO.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it all comes down to demand. Like Jojo was big for Nick when that game came out. The fact that Nigel Thornberry beat every character out from that show, says a lot imo. I think they are paying attention to the more popular options currently here.

Especially when Reptar is the rugrats rep so far. Which you could argue they are babies, but if they can drive race cars, they could fit in a cartoony fighting game IMO.
I for one think it would be not right to beat up a baby. You could to the All Grown Up versions though.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hot take:

The Spongebob movie is one of the best movies ever. Not because it’s a pinnacle of culture and filmmaking or anything like that, but because it accomplishes what it set out to do perfectly. It’s pure fun from beginning to end, and that counts for something in my book.
Honestly, if a film accomplishes what it sets out to do, I can safely call it a good film. Not everything needs to be a masterpiece.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I for one think it would be not right to beat up a baby. You could to the All Grown Up versions though.
I have a feeling that the Rugrats would be in their All Grown Up design if used in this game.

Which is cool, I liked All Grown Up more. Fight me.
I mean grown ass men are beating the loud house kids up. So it’s really not that different imo.

All grown up is under appreciated so I’d be down. Tommy using likeMovie props and what not could be fun.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have indeed, they're great.

Thanks, Nitrorad, lol.
Indeed, thanks Nitrorad.

Don't know when I play them, could be tomorrow, could be MUCH later, but I got both games installed, soooo, yeah.

Lemme know if you're curious to hear my opinion or not when I try them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean grown ass men are beating the loud house kids up. So it’s really not that different imo.

All grown up is under appreciated so I’d be down. Tommy using likeMovie props and what not could be fun.
Idk. That’s different. Like… aside from the movies, the rug rays world is usually played pretty realistically. The babies don’t really do things babies don’t do. It’s just different.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Idk. That’s different. Like… aside from the movies, the rug rays world is usually played pretty realistically. The babies don’t really do things babies don’t do. It’s just different.
This is a fair point, the show was about imagination primarily. Although tbh their parents left them in some pretty bad situations.

Like the time Tommy got straight up kidnapped from his front yard.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Tell me the combat in the next Shantae game gets better because the fighting in the GBC game blows. Maybe it’s because I just got off of Shovel Knight but man there is no flow to this at all.
Yeah the series gets better from here, there’s longer range, the screen is more zoomed out, there’s more item drops, etc.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Just finished watching the first episode of Jahy-sama. I think this anime is going to fill the void left by Nagatoro ending fairly well, IMO. Really cute stuff. It's pretty much a reverse isekai since Jahy ends up in the human world and has to worry about things like rent and being able to live off chump change until her next check hits. The show kinda gives off a Devil is a Part Timer vibe now that I think about it, so I'll tag my mate Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna since it might be up his alley.

The Hololive ED song is pretty annoying though, and I'm not just saying that because it's Hololive.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyway, as much as I’d love Squidward, I’d prefer it if Plankton was the fourth Spongebob character, purely because more villain characters would be nice

And I hope they also add at least Toph and Zuko to represent the other two nations with Aang and Korra for the others (even though Korra fights more with fire which shouldn’t make sense as a water nation native but she HAS to the opposite of Aang for some reason)

Aside from that I want Rocko, Jenny, Jimmy, Sheen, Timmy, Vicki, Crimson Chin, El Tigre, a DP villain, a JN villain, etc

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With DLC being possible, the developers of Brawl Stars probably have and are open to a lot of ideas for character choices. I’m curious though how their base roster will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom