• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ya see, that's where I take issue with the supposed "leaked plot" because

It's simply not true

View attachment 324910
I literally didn’t even remember that lmao. Regardless they act and speak very similarly but have different ideals. Something the Masters story highlights well when they did the Lysander event. I still think other parts of the game make sense with that theory.

It would certainly explain-why Dexio and Sina were dressing as super heroes for no reason.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly wonder what i'm going to play next, especially since I know The Pointless, The Hopeful & The Timeless exist and they are all free.

But I got Wonder Boy IV, Miitopia & Blaster Master Zero 3 to play too....
sweating peach.png

So many choices...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean though, is it not logical for a company to put their best foot forward?

Ultimate's got 8 Mario characters, even more if you absorb the DK Crew, Wario, and Yoshi into the mix.

Pokemon has 8, 11 if you count Trainer's 3 as seperate.

Like, it just makes sense since one's the 'face' of the company, ya know? If Disney got a fighter, would it really be a surprise if Mickey and co took up a huge majority of the roster while the other movie characters got like 1-3 reps each?
Ok. But if you don’t really like the “face” of the company you are allowed to be upset that it gets so much love compared to what you actually care about. I never said I didn’t know why it had that many characters or that it shouldn’t have that many characters. I just said I didn’t want it. I used the right words. And it still turned into an argument because I was just not allowed to have my opinion unchallenged because it’s not the popular one.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh also, I totally forgot to say this... but I got cast as the main protagonist of an upcoming web series! I voice the main protagonist; A mischevious, halloween loving cat.

Dude's literally an untapped Berserker just waiting to explode
So glad he's not a Smash fan, then. :yeahboi:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This week’s Owl House really said the Hooty episode is about to answer like 10 of the shows biggest questions, and resolve several plot points in 22 minutes.

And damn it was really good. Also considering how developed each episode has been, I imagine this episode may be why Disney cut season 3 short but who knows.

turns out today’s and next weeks episodes of Owl House were swapped around…hopefully Lumity, Harpy Eda, and Echo Blasting King aren’t affected by this weird swapping of episode order

also Season 2A spells out “Seek The Key”

also also Disney better bring out a full season 3 for an upgrade considering how over the show is with the public

E D I T: if the names of the next 3 episodes after these last couple release are legit, maybe it’ll end up being “Seek The Key Fea…”so idk what else would follow up, but I like having that Gravity Falls/Rick & Morty type of feeling when it comes to over analyzing a letter alone
After this episode, I have a feeling it was a big part of what season 3 was cut short. Much like SU was in its 5th season. But who knows, we won’t find out until long after the show ends if at all.

Still, fantastic episode this week.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Animation YT still hates it but they hate everything lol.
This is why I don't really watch reviews on YT outside of video games anymore.

It gets tiring seeing people declare some of my favorite shows and random films as being lower than garbage while spending one to two ****ing hours talking about it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know what could be bad picks for the Nickelodeon game we are talking about?

The two main ducks from Breadwinners. :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Give me Squidward and Krabs

Gimme XJ9

Gimme Jimmy and Hugh

Gimme Aang, Zuko and Toph

Any one of those along with Spongebob himself already being in and I'm honestly more than happy, personally.
These are solid picks. My hopes would be these but I also want Steve and Blue, Moose and the bird from Noggin,

Crazy Steve if live action characters are game, dib, and let’s get rocco or the rocket power cast for representation.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, Fairly Odd Parents.

TBH the only characters I'd actually care to see are almost everyone except Timmy, lol.

Gimme Crocker, Chip Skylark, Vicky, or Mark Chang. :nifty:

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually scratch that, We need him:

1627766335034.jpeg
My wants?
Jenny
Timmy
Bessie Higgenbottoms
Sheen
The girl from Making Fiends
Goku from the Nicktoons DBZ Kai
Waffle
Sanjay and Craig
I thought Goku was a joke and then I looked up that they actually had the rights to Kai.

Could you imagine if they actually got Goku.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This week’s Owl House really said the Hooty episode is about to answer like 10 of the shows biggest questions, and resolve several plot points in 22 minutes.

And damn it was really good. Also considering how developed each episode has been, I imagine this episode may be why Disney cut season 3 short but who knows.

After this episode, I have a feeling it was a big part of what season 3 was cut short. Much like SU was in its 5th season. But who knows, we won’t find out until long after the show ends if at all.

Still, fantastic episode this week.
hell we might not know until the end of this first half, especially since Hooty decided to let all the **** go down in the most blessfull of ways
Are you sure about that?

I remember the episode going something like...

View attachment 324928

"I DEFY YOU, SWORDMAN!"
Patrick vs Leonardo/Zuko in a nutshell

View attachment 324929
I thought Goku was a joke and then I looked up that they actually had the rights to Kai.

that, some of the old DBZ movies (left Fusion Reborn mainly uncensored), and DBGT…all during a good 4 years of Nicktoons. Was probably one of the best times for Nicktoons

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if licensed shows are possible, then Power Rangers could end up in this. Pretty sure they were on Nick before.

When it comes to Fairy Odd Parents, I’d be hyped over Jorgon if he got in.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 324929

It's all over when we get Spongebob Vs. Goku in EVO finals.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Did what Sakurai was too much of a coward to do.
Well he did mention Spongebob and Goku in a interview around.. 2015 or 2016? So it would most likely be hilarious how two Sakurai mentioned characters get their own game.
Now I’m gonna petition for Iron Man to be added despite being owned by a rival company. Sakurai namedropped him as a rejected character back in 2019.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Big Lincoln was so cool.

Shame he send you to DA for his special attack

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nick ain’t no joke

Patrick literally helped Spongebob get the secret formula and went across multiple Nicktoon universes with him 3 times to save the day

and not liking Avatar is a literal sin

Spongebob = Mario
TMNT and Avatar = Pokémon and Fire Emblem

give them the most characters just because

nobody calls him tubby or Rick for a reason
Well then I am a creature of pure sin incarnate. I’ve watched the entire show. Heck, I was given the entire show on dvd for my birthday when I was like 10. And I just do. Not. Get. It. It’s not a bad show or anything. It’s well made and all that. But I just do not get the appeal and when I’m watching I have all these little nitpicks about the world and how things work and since it’s not pulling me in those nitpicks are all I can think about and it drives me nuts. I just don’t get it. And I might be softer on SpongeBob if it weren’t this poster boy that gets shoved into every Nickelodeon thing in (imo) excessive quantities. Like again. It’s a well made show but I just do not get the appeal at all. And there are lots of other shows I like from Nickelodeon a thousand times more and yet I know they’re gonna be limited to one or two because SpongeBob and Avatar gotta take up half the roster because of course they do!

Nick Kart Racers 2 has a really good balance. It’s got SpongeBob and Avatar characters yeah but there aren’t thousands of them and they don’t go beyond really the big name stars of the shows (although the absence of Plankton really bothers me ngl because imo you should prioritize having the main hero and the main villain first and formost in any crossover). But it’s still a solid roster (aside from Jojo Siwa). Also come on. We get Lucy Loud but not Lesbi- I mean… Luna Loud? Come on. She’s a hundred times cooler.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Let’s not forget that the transformers are legitimately possible this game. That would be a really fun choice, give me bumble bee and optimous or megatron.

And if Nigel is because memes, we could actually get Robbie Rotten. It be a nice tribute to his actor.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My wants?
Jenny
Timmy
Bessie Higgenbottoms
Sheen
The girl from Making Fiends
Goku from the Nicktoons DBZ Kai
Waffle
Sanjay and Craig
I want….

Shredder
Jimmy
Timmy
Tak
Plankton
Plasmius
Crocker
Calamitous
Tlaloc
Professor Membrane (did you watch that ZIM movie? Dude can FIGHT)
High Five and Miko
I guess Jenny and Vexus
El Tigre
Dudley Puppy
Someone from Monkey Quest
Rocko
Luna Loud
Azula (we know we’re getting Aang. Throw her in to. She cool)
Vicky
Beautiful Georgeous
Crimson Chin and Ultra Lord (that would be so badass!)
Man-Arctica (literally the only good thing about Fanboy & Chum Chum)
And because Viacom owns both properties, Mighty Mouse and Captain Picard.

And if we somehow get third party characters, Dr. Blowhole and Ben 10.

Shroob

Sup?
Well then I am a creature of pure sin incarnate. I’ve watched the entire show. Heck, I was given the entire show on dvd for my birthday when I was like 10. And I just do. Not. Get. It. It’s not a bad show or anything. It’s well made and all that. But I just do not get the appeal and when I’m watching I have all these little nitpicks about the world and how things work and since it’s not pulling me in those nitpicks are all I can think about and it drives me nuts. I just don’t get it. And I might be softer on SpongeBob if it weren’t this poster boy that gets shoved into every Nickelodeon thing in (imo) excessive quantities. Like again. It’s a well made show but I just do not get the appeal at all. And there are lots of other shows I like from Nickelodeon a thousand times more and yet I know they’re gonna be limited to one or two because SpongeBob and Avatar gotta take up half the roster because of course they do!

Nick Kart Racers 2 has a really good balance. It’s got SpongeBob and Avatar characters yeah but there aren’t thousands of them and they don’t go beyond really the big name stars of the shows (although the absence of Plankton really bothers me ngl because imo you should prioritize having the main hero and the main villain first and formost in any crossover). But it’s still a solid roster (aside from Jojo Siwa). Also come on. We get Lucy Loud but not Lesbi- I mean… Luna Loud? Come on. She’s a hundred times cooler.
I think the best way to describe Spongebob is it's the Seinfield of cartoons.

If Seinfield doesn't click for you, then Spongebob won't either.

If you're going in expecting a super realized world and layered jokes, you're usually not going to get that. However, the fact that Spongebob is basically quotable for almost any situation imaginable shows it's just 'the everyman' of cartoons.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Let’s not forget that the transformers are legitimately possible this game. That would be a really fun choice, give me bumble bee and optimous or megatron.

And if Nigel is because memes, we could actually get Robbie Rotten. It be a nice tribute to his actor.
Nickelodeon doesn’t actually own Lazy Town. It’s a third party production from Iceland I think that just aired on the network over here. It would be nice, but honestly I’m not holding my breath for third party characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom