• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok, I am just going to pop in for this...uh, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

So, what are your thoughts about this whole thing of "AC: Infinity" (I actually just found out when scrolling down on facebook and Ubisoft Latin America put the update on it...and I was like...what is this?)?

o-o I don't really know what to say other then, well, for me the franchise ended in 2015. So, I am not surprised. Maybe I am not seeing things clearly enough but just reading "Live service" gives me bad vibes considering other cases I have seen...
I feel like the idea of a game continuing on for a long time and getting lots of content updates is just something everyone wants. But like… name a single player game that hasn’t botched it up hard. Heck, even some primarily multiplayer games have screwed it up so like…. Who knows.

Either way, not playing it. It’s not about Stealth anymore so like… what’s the god damn point of it even being Assassin’s Creed other than to sell copies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I feel like the idea of a game continuing on for a long time and getting lots of content updates is just something everyone wants. But like… name a single player game that hasn’t botched it up hard. Heck, even some primarily multiplayer games have screwed it up so like…. Who knows.

Either way, not playing it. It’s not about Stealth anymore so like… what’s the god damn point of it even being Assassin’s Creed other than to sell copies.
Well...I don't really think people are really liking long lasting games, specially ones that by themselves are already freaking long. I have been noticing this with AC: Valhalla, people don't want for it to keep on going if it has to take more than 80 hours to complete the main game. I really don't know what else they want to do other than milking the franchise more for what it's worth EVEN MORE than they're already doing. It's honestly very sad, and yeah, I don't think I will play it either.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah. I was just able to find the purple unknown item and kill Kraid and get the speed boost. Though I’m having trouble getting out of his boss room because like… I can’t get the speed boost to activate. Like, I’m running from one end of the room to the other and i’m just running into those blocks and they aren’t breaking. And there’s no other way out so… i’m just confused.

I’ll have to see how Dread and Samus Returns control, but just for this… I wish I could make it be like… x button morph ball, y button fire missile, hold trigger to speed boost. I get that the GBA didn’t HAVE all those buttons. But I wish the Virtual Condole was set up in such a way that you could actually remap the controls and not just which button equals which.

Also. Like… the music. There’s only one track for each area and you spend so much time in each one that even the most awesome of tunes just gets annoying after a while. I’m almost considering muting the music and putting on a playlist or something.
If you're not sure what to do, try looking for gray areas on your map that you can reach; alternatively, try to find Chozo statues. There has to be one that you couldn't get to before, and they generally give you an indication of where to go.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well...I don't really think people are really liking long lasting games, specially ones that by themselves are already freaking long. I have been noticing this with AC: Valhalla, people don't want for it to keep on going if it has to take more than 80 hours to complete the main game. I really don't know what else they want to do other than milking the franchise more for what it's worth EVEN MORE than they're already doing. It's honestly very sad, and yeah, I don't think I will play it either.
Idk. Like… I kind of look at it like…. if they do a substantial update then I can get more content without having to pay the whole $60 and wait the full 3-5 years for a new title.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you're not sure what to do, try looking for gray areas on your map that you can reach; alternatively, try to find Chozo statues. There has to be one that you couldn't get to before, and they generally give you an indication of where to go.
Thanks. I took a break to eat lunch so let’s see if I can find my way out. The game is only hard in the sense that figuring stuff out is tricky. Actually doing it is easy as pie so I don’t expect much of a struggle.
Yeah, I do too.
Ye. Dude’s not afraid to speak his opinion and be honest about its d that just makes him stand out I think

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Im terms of Nintendotuber, the closest I actively watch is SomeCallMeJohnny, but to call him a Nintendotuber wouldn't be accurate at all.

I used to watch a lot but they all got boring and samey as time passed.

Edit: I do also like TheLonelyGoomba.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well my friends.

I just went the furthest from home on my own ever and while doing that at 24 is no big deal to most.....to me it really is. And it is true even within your own country that travelling does make you reflect.

I'm so ****ing proud of myself!

However I need to keep to my other interests as well.

So for that..............

trainsw.jpg

Rate my Switch Train set-up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes, no, maybe.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well my friends.

I just went the furthest from home on my own ever and while doing that at 24 is no big deal to most.....to me it really is. And it is true even within your own country that travelling does make you reflect.

View attachment 322087

Why is Saddam Hussein in your Switch?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well my friends.

View attachment 322087

Ah, good ol' Switch on a train/plane, wanted to do that ever since I saw the first trailer, all those years ago, managed to finally do that on a plane trip a couple years back on a vacation.

Ah, so rate the set up, using a book is quite innovative, (I'm dying to know the full title), I also love the joycon colors, great choice of game, 10/10.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well my friends.

View attachment 322087

That’s cool bro, but don’t strain yourself.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ah, good ol' Switch on a train/plane, wanted to do that ever since I saw the first trailer, all those years ago, managed to finally do that on a plane trip a couple years back on a vacation.

Ah, so rate the set up, using a book is quite innovative, (I'm dying to know the full title), I also love the joycon colors, 10/10.
Believe me dude, I have done it quite a few times and while you look out of place you don't care. Wish more people did it. Would be a lot more fun.

And the book it's Ask Iwata.
1625767810816.png

I was meant to have brought manga to read and I forgot my stand but the book actually worked for this. A happy accident.

That’s cool bro, but don’t strain yourself.
I don't know whether to hug or nip you with that pun.

Maybe both.

Starry.

No Life Princess
Started playing Scarlet Nexus, it's pretty fun! I saw that it has it's own anime too so maybe I should check that out as well.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Ok, I am just going to pop in for this...uh, NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna

So, what are your thoughts about this whole thing of "AC: Infinity" (I actually just found out when scrolling down on facebook and Ubisoft Latin America put the update on it...and I was like...what is this?)?

o-o I don't really know what to say other then, well, for me the franchise ended in 2015. So, I am not surprised. Maybe I am not seeing things clearly enough but just reading "Live service" gives me bad vibes considering other cases I have seen...
I’m not a fan. I guess it they could somehow meld the new gameplay with the old gameplay depending on what era you’re in I’d be super down for it but that doesn’t seem to be what they’re trying to do here. It’s a shame but AC has definitely lost me. As someone who became a fan in ‘08 that hurts but at least I got a ton of great games out of the series before Origins.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Whenever i need a good laugh i always put on the Japanese opening theme to Transformers Prime
It just doesnt fit tonally.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Makin' more progress on Pokemon Shield! I'm currently on the Pokemon League semifinals. I was gonna use my ORAS Pokemon, but eh, I've decided to not bust those out until I finish the game.

Oh also, I forgot to post this yesterday.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Me and the boyz chillin' by like.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Bro, it would so ****ing funny is Nintendo turnef thr blood red in the Danganronpa games. After seeing
Yuri kill herself in DDLC
with red blood still, I feel the same could be done for Danganronpa.

Have you all see edited picture of the murders with yhe pink blood turned red? Its makes the scenes much worse

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
Bro, it would so ****ing funny is Nintendo turnef thr blood red in the Danganronpa games. After seeing
Yuri kill herself in DDLC
with red blood still, I feel the same could be done for Danganronpa.

Have you all see edited picture of the murders with yhe pink blood turned red? Its makes the scenes much worse
If I recall correctly, pink blood in Danganronpa is a choice made by the devs, and not a means of censorship.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kim Possible is just Disney's Black Widow before they managed to get the actual Natalia/Natasha Romanova/Romanoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom