• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Megaman 1 is a bad game
Megaman 2 is a great game, but nostalgia plays heavily into it, especially due to stuff like "Okkusenman" and "Air Man Ga Taosensai"
Megaman 3's the best one.
Megaman 9 has some straight up bull**** level design.

My opinions are 100% facts you can't deny it. :4pacman:

Noipoi

Howdy!
AF28AEFB-4F8F-45AD-B366-C7CF0BC6855E.png

BROS

So I’m checking out /V/, because I like to torture myself, and I see a smash thread complaining about youtubers.

One of the anons makes a post about how Scott the Woz is inconsistent. How in his videos he says he doesn’t care for Pyra/Mythra, but on his smashboards account he said he did want them.

Scott the Woz doesn’t have a smashboards account

That was our Scott poster Tots

They fell for it fellas

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 320695

BROS

So I’m checking out /V/, because I like to torture myself, and I see a smash thread complaining about youtubers.

One of the anons makes a post about how Scott the Woz is inconsistent. How in his videos he says he doesn’t care for Pyra/Mythra, but on his smashboards account he said he did want them.

They fell for it fellas
1624742746963.png

ngl with how consistent he was on the act, I'd be lying if I said a part of me hadn't wondered if he really was Scott back then.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
View attachment 320695

BROS

They fell for it fellas
Epically trolled.

NonsensicalThings

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 320695

BROS

They fell for it fellas
can’t believe the REAL and not FAKE scott the woz would say this crying rn

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
View attachment 320695

BROS

They fell for it fellas
I have him added on discord and he laughed his ass off when I told him about this. Oh and he says he misses you Noi.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'd argue that another Pokemon would be more disappointing than Bandana Dee. At least he's a heavily requested character and would add a chance to represent some of the more modern Kirby titles a bit better.
Pokemon's hard because it definitely depends on a case to case basis. People would get hyped for Gengar, but Cinderace would be another story.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, he was one of the regulars. He had a Scott the Woz image for every occasion.

There’s a lotta dudes who used to be around a lot who just aren’t anymore. The social thread is smaller than it used to be…
Yeah, a lot of the regulars left after Ult released, and even more left (or got perma banned) after the Brelooming Disaster

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
View attachment 320695

BROS

They fell for it fellas
honestly i did think for a little while they might be one in the same, and he was going incognito to research the smash fanbase for a video. Not for long, because i realized if scott wanted to pretend to not be scott, posting a ton of scott reaction images would be a poor strategy (plus the rpg thing).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Brelooming Disaster?
A user called Brelooming Disaster pretended to be a 15 yo kid and hung out with us. He was pretty likeable so we vibed with him.

One day he faked his death. We mourned him.

Turns out he wasn’t a kid and he wasn’t dead, he was a pedo who was creeping on some of the younger users in discord chats. I was one of them, though I didn’t get the worst of it.

When we found out it was a whole thing, mass hysteria. Mass permabans. It was unfortunate.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
honestly i did think for a little while they might be one in the same, and he was going incognito to research the smash fanbase for a video. Not for long, because i realized if scott wanted to pretend to not be scott, posting a ton of scott reaction images would be a poor strategy (plus the rpg thing).
Ah, but you see, he had a secret technique up his sleeve.

It's called

Hiding in plain Scott.
1624744258947.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Don't.... ask.

A user faked their own death while trying to groom users off-site.
It goes deeper than that
Because they discovered a whole pedophile/abuser ring under it too.

Actually, a user back then asked me if I knew where a user that got banned from that incident was. That user he wanted to know about was Prince Alucard

Shroob

Sup?
It goes deeper than that
Because they discovered a whole pedophile/abuser ring under it too.

Actually, a user back then asked me if I knew where a user that got banned from that incident was. That user he wanted to know about was Prince Alucard
That same dude messaged me begging me for info and I was like "I've heard of them but I have no idea where they are."

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The whole Brelooming Disaster situation is still wild to me, and not in a good way. I guess you could argue it was "obvious" seeing as Brelooming presented multiple red flags, but some folks overlooked it, forgot details that didn't line up, or simply weren't online at the time. I wasn't online to see many of those red flags, and there were some inconsistencies in his behavior that I overlooked, but even then the dude covered his tracks well. Though I do think it was a bit of a ballsy move to show his true colors to several users when they could've pulled the trigger and exposed him at any given moment. Overall, I'm just glad the situation is over with.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Binged all of my Steam haul today. Thoughts:

Sonic Team Racing - Played one race just to make sure it works. Lets you play as Big, ergo, good.

Touhou Blooming Chaos 2- Playable Cirno from the very beginning and it's a baller Enter the Gungeon-esque roguelike? Heck yeah, this game slaps. Will probably be one of my go-to time wasters from now on whenever I don't feel like doing backlog stuff.

Sonic Forces - Played and beaten on Switch, so this isn't my first time playing it. Yeah without mods it bad lol. With mods, however, it's surprisingly delightful. I look forward to seeing how Sonic fans continue to fix this mess.

Staxel - It's cute, but lol I have no idea what I'm doing. There's no stamina or combat either, so it's pretty much a true Minecraft meets Stardew sandbox. Will be fun to play once in a blue moon for the cute anime aesthetics.

Only thing I haven't tried yet is Starwars Battlefront 2, but I bought that to play with family, so I'll probably wait until then to try it.

All in all, good haul, and none of these will really be "backlog" games so I can pick 'em up and put 'em down whenever.

Oh yeah, and I tried out Mario Golf with my brothers last night. Haven't played Speed Golf yet but it's a good time! Excited to see what singleplayer campaign has in store tonight. Only issue I have with the game is it seems like the pulled the ol' soft-launch tactic again, and the game probably won't really feel "complete" for another 8+ months of free updates, but eh, it's whatever. It's just what Nintendo does with their mid-tier releases and spin-offs nowadays.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Picking a generic enemy mook like Pirahna plant to end the DLC would be a neat way of going full circle though.
Krystal would be a neat way of going full circle too.

She had to be excluded from being the last character made for Brawl because it would be hard to reuse assets to make her, but with Ultimate...not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom