• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Final Form Cooler >>>>>>>>>> Golden Frieza.

Just spittin' fact here.
You ain't wrong but I've actually warmed up to Golden Frieza's design.

Probably doesn't hurt that Frieza was much more badass with the form in the ToP arc compared to Resurrection F...which, admittedly, aged like milk and honestly isn't that great of a movie. And the less said about the anime arc adaptation, the better.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You ain't wrong but I've actually warmed up to Golden Frieza's design.

Probably doesn't hurt that Frieza was much more badass with the form in the ToP arc compared to Resurrection F...which, admittedly, aged like milk and honestly isn't that great of a movie.
Yeah, like I said in the post above, the form did have some cool stuff in the ToP arc, but it's first showin left a bad impression, and the design is....OK?

It's not bad, but Final Cooler is just so much more...ahem, badass, yeah.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Shoutouts to Vegeta for getting Super Saiyan Blue off screen because reasons that they explain poorlt.
God damn was Vegeta handled so poorly in that movie.

Not only was an explanation for how he achieved SSB completely glossed over, he was robbed of a W that would've made perfect thematic sense considering his history with Frieza only for Goku to save the day yet again.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Not only was an explanation for how he achieved SSB completely glossed over, he was robbed of a W that would've made perfect thematic sense considering his history with Frieza only for Goku to save the day yet again.
Isn't Vegeta whole character in Super (and some might say DBZ too) is him getting robbed to make Goku look cooler/better tho?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

The top comment of the scene where Goku kills Frieza sums up Vegeta's entire character
Screenshot_20210515-135631_YouTube.jpg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Newcomer Thread's back in funny 4chan land, this time, it's a theory that because there's no documentation online showing they've hired VAs for crowd chants from Europe, Pokemon nor Sonic can happen.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Newcomer Thread's back in funny 4chan land, this time, it's a theory that because there's no documentation online showing they've hired VAs for crowd chants from Europe, Pokemon nor Sonic can happen.

Thoughts?
This doesn't affect Eevee since its name is either Eevee or something very, very, very close to it in every language and as a result, it has the same VA worldwide.

hehehehehehe

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So here is something I keep reading online. and I am confused. Many people constantly say "X cannot voice act said character because that is not their race." Saw it with Api, but the newest example is a character from Guilty Gear.

why?

I like samurai jack and his voice actor is perfect. Dude is not Asian though.

Seems racist to me to type cast voice actors like that.

Tamagoth3

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
TAMA#536
So here is something I keep reading online. and I am confused. Many people constantly say "X cannot voice act said character because that is not their race." Saw it with Api, but the newest example is a character from Guilty Gear.

why?

I like samurai jack and his voice actor is perfect. Dude is not Asian though.

Seems racist to me to type cast voice actors like that.
I'm of two minds about it. On one hand there are plenty of good examples of VAs doing characters not of their race (Samurai Jack is a great example, but also Samuel L Jackson as Gin Rummy in Boondocks.) but at the same time I feel like, at least in some cases, it's more appropriate for the VA to match the character. Apu drew ire because it's a white man doing a very stereotypical indian accent whilst playing a stereotypical indian character. There's nothing inherently offensive about Apu imo; he's portrayed very positively. But I do think a lot of his stereotypes and whatnot would be more appropriate with an actual indian person voicing him.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ohohoho! I can't disagree, that's another reason why I want to see Cooler in the next movie as ideally he'll use his final form to show up his brother's.
Just watch as canon Cooler receives an equally ridiculous and lazy new transformation instead of the form that everyone wants to see.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Team Four Star Nappa > normal Nappa

also Beerus, the Frieza song, and pudding all low key carried those last 2 DBZ movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom