• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Doesn't America do that.
Canada does it worse given that it actively tries to erase Native history by pretending that they never existed given it's godawful history with racism against the Natives. In fact, Canada's a lot worse with a lot of **** but, unlike America, it's all behind closed doors.

Stop acting like your country is any better, they all suck.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Canada does it worse given that it actively tries to erase Native history by pretending that they never existed given it's godawful history with racism against the Natives. In fact, Canada's a lot worse with a lot of **** but, unlike America, it's all behind closed doors.

Some just suck worse than others. Least they're all better than China.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ngl, the thought of shootings did come up for me thinking about American theatres.

But that's probably because it's just recently been 25 years since Australia's worst mass shooting and so I saw discussion about the gun reforms that it brought along this morning.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay let's drop this

This seems something more suited for Serious Discussion

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ir was movie theater culture but someone was trying to be a wise guy and bring up shootings for literally no reason.
‘That’s, uh...

Yeesh, even for here that’s a yikes from me.

Ain’t no heaven on earth, everywhere has problems. Don’t think trying to compare will do anyone any good.

EDIT: Ramen, wasn’t tryin’ to ignore your post: Dead up only saw it after I posted, my b. Let’s definitely not continue this.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
‘That’s, uh...

Yeesh, even for here that’s a yikes from me.

Ain’t no heaven on earth, everywhere has problems. Don’t think trying to compare will do anyone any good.
Competition and comparison are both evil. Not worth comparing one to another. I compare all the time. And look what just happened.
Anyways, time zones are bull****! Why does everybody have to be in a different time zone? When you're texting your friend who's on vacation in Seattle for example, you gotta message them three hours later. Why haven't I played FFVI yet?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

As a Canadian I'm ashamed of my country for doing that and I love and a fan of my countries indigenous people and their culture.

So distasteful. I didn't even know this.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright. Here's the roster for my mythology themed fighting game. No story idea so far. Just all sorts of gods fighting each other in a game similar to Marvel vs. Capcom.
Greek Pantheon
  • Zeus
  • Hera
  • Poseidon
  • Hades
  • Ares
  • Athena
  • Artemis and Apollo
  • Heracles
Norse Pantheon
  • Odin
  • Freyja
  • Thor
  • Loki
  • Hel
  • Heimdal
  • Tyr
  • Surtur
Egyptian Pantheon
  • Ra
  • Isis
  • Osiris
  • Horus
  • Set
  • Sobek
  • Anubis
  • Bastet
Yoruba pantheon
  • Olorun
  • Eshu
  • Ogun
  • Orunmila
  • Olookun
  • Shango
  • Oya
  • Obaluaye
Babylonian pantheon
  • Marduk
  • Tiamat
  • Gilgamesh
  • Nergal
Chinese pantheon
  • Jade Emperor
  • Chang’e
  • Hou Yi
  • Son Wukong
Japanese Pantheon
  • Izanami
  • Amaterasu
  • Raijin
  • Susano
Maya Pantheon
  • Ixchel
  • Kukulkan
  • Ah Puch
  • Ek Chuah
Hindu Pantheon
  • Vishnu
  • Shiva
  • Indra
  • Agni
  • Ganesha
  • Kali
Polynesian Pantheon
  • Pele
  • Maui
Celtic pantheon
  • The Dagda
  • The Morrigan
  • Lugh
  • Brigid
Great Old Ones
  • Cthulhu
Navajo mythology
  • Coyote
Abrahamic mythology
  • Saint Michael the Archangel
Australian Aboriginal mythology
  • Rainbow Serpent
Guest Pantheon
  • Kratos (God of War)
  • Gozer (Ghostbusters)
Here are my thoughts, in no particular order:
  • Overall, a good selection of mythologies and gods. I like that there is some variety and you gave attention to some less used ones like the Yoruba pantheon.
  • There are some gods that you wouldn't think as fighters like Hel and Hera but I'm guessing they are here to spice up the fighting styles, allowing more creative approaches.
  • Nephthys feels like a noticeable omission from the Egyptian roster but that just might be my bias talking.
  • Gilgamesh and Michael are not gods so I'm a bit iffy about their additions. Wouldn't that imply they are on the same level as other pantheons' gods? I mean, the whole point of the Epic of Gilgamesh was that he wasn't a god.
  • Speaking of Michael, I'd just call him a Christian figure. It's not like he's based on his Islamic interpretation and I doubt you're going with his Judaist version, neither.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Preach. Believe me, while we may be lucky to have things like free healthcare and a leader that at least takes Covid seriously, we are very far from the nicest people. The racism and police is very comparable to America's, with our treatment to Natives being quite comparable to how Trump treated the BLM movement, we still have a lot of protesters who don't take Covid seriously, our new Conservative party leader is trying to do Trump's strategy(just look up "Take Back Canada") and our vaccinations have been going horribly if what I'm hearing is true.

The first step to becoming better is to admit that we are far from a good people and need to change. Just because we may have had it better than America in 2020 and early 2021 doesn't mean it's because we are better than that. Our leader may have taken Covid seriously compared to Trump, but we are far from the nicest people we've made ourselves look.
As a Canadian I'm ashamed of my country for doing that and I love and a fan of my countries indigenous people and their culture.

So distasteful. I didn't even know this.
If you want a recent example from late 2020, in Nova Scotia, there are mobs attacking Native fisheries and fishermen. The natives have the right to fish when and where thanks to a treaty from the 1700s and they have an official fishery for lobster catching, but the other commercial fisherman were angry because it messed with their schedules for the best catches and eventually around November last year, they went full mob and were vandalizing Native fisheries and destroying their equipment, including several hundred lobster traps.
And despite the RCMP being called in, they were reportedly simply watching the mobs do their stuff instead of taking action when they arrived.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
America? Canada? What are you talking about?

Let’s go eat some grass, man.
Every human is at least 98% gorilla. 99% of us are chimpanzees. The rest is other animals. Unlike gorillas, the different varieties of humans all secretly hate each other for one reason or another. Some make it more vocal than others. Some hate each other for legitimate reasons, others hate because they do that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m watching the recent RelaxAlax video about Smash speculation...then Wii got to the WFT section and this showed up
C9AA0249-A37E-4329-9FDB-B72C8A97B09D.jpeg

can’t believe I never saw this specific meme until now...cause I laughed hard

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
There is no unholy grail of political websites worse than patriots.win. That site is a nightmare. Just propaganda after propaganda, lot of racist and wrong stuff there too. The rules say no bigotry, but there's a certain word that rhymes with gag in a lot of posts. All in the name of their great, glorious leader: St. Donald Trump the Great.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Every human is at least 98% gorilla. 99% of us are chimpanzees. The rest is other animals. Unlike gorillas, the different varieties of humans all secretly hate each other for one reason or another. Some make it more vocal than others. Some hate each other for legitimate reasons, others hate because they do that.
That's not quite how that DNA works.

We share 98% of DNA with gorillas. But that's not the same as being 98% percent gorilla. None of us are descended from gorillas. It just means we share a common ancestor with them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here are my thoughts, in no particular order:
  • Overall, a good selection of mythologies and gods. I like that there is some variety and you gave attention to some less used ones like the Yoruba pantheon.
  • There are some gods that you wouldn't think as fighters like Hel and Hera but I'm guessing they are here to spice up the fighting styles, allowing more creative approaches.
  • Nephthys feels like a noticeable omission from the Egyptian roster but that just might be my bias talking.
  • Gilgamesh and Michael are not gods so I'm a bit iffy about their additions. Wouldn't that imply they are on the same level as other pantheons' gods? I mean, the whole point of the Epic of Gilgamesh was that he wasn't a god.
  • Speaking of Michael, I'd just call him a Christian figure. It's not like he's based on his Islamic interpretation and I doubt you're going with his Judaist version, neither.
Yeah. I wanted to give major representation to a pantheon that doesn’t get focused on much and the Yoruba also add a lot of color to the roster.

And yeah. Creativity with movesets mainly. Hel for example is like... the only opportunity to include an Ice character if you stretch it a big

I actually didn’t think of Nephthys.

Well... Gilgamesh is in Smite. That and he’s a well known figure in Babylonian mythology and there weren’t many good or interesting options there. And Micheal... I wanted someone to represent the Christian god but he is by nature without form and pacifistic. Same with Jesus. So I thought, hey, the angels and archangels are shown with swords and the like all the time, that could work.

And I wrote Abrahamic literally just because I thought it sounded cooler.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , osby osby

Hey hey, did another, shorter of Omori this morning, sooo might as well share it now:

To first begin this report, the very first thing I did was fighting Sweetheart at last, annnnnnnnd..................

Tbh, I feel my lack of restrain on spoilers kinda took most of the fun I could have had. Since I wasn't expecting to get Omori for a long time, I ended up spoiling myself some big moment about the game, especially the boss, and Sweetheart was no exception.

Due to this, and me knowing how the game work by now, I was able to debuff her alot & deal easily with her going full Manic. She also didn't use her OHOHOHOHOHOHO attack for some reason at all. Which mean I didn't have to deal with a angry party, and her multihit attack only allowed me to get a easy all-out attack.

All to say is, I really got no one but myself to blame for it being a cake walk (haha), and hopefully, I hope I can find a boss that can kick my ass. Spoiled or not.

With that said, after Space Husband & Sweetheart went far far away, singing All-Star on their Space Ship. Hopefully not breaking up this time (wink wink). The hole apparear and...

For a moment, I was scared that I couldn't get out and that I had to advance the story, Due to a cutscene triggering when you go to the door, but nope, you can get out & explore the world before going to The Hole. (A Dorohedoro reference, obviously).

I got Rally with Kel too, but haven't got a opportunity to use it yet. Hopefully I can find a way to make it work, otherwise Rebound will take it's place again. (Kel having so many skills that take alot of juice & requiring specific team with specific skills is I think his biggest weakness as a character)

Sooo, I accepted some sidequests, finished some sidequests I started beforehand (the teddy bear & book one). FINALLY fought the Kite Kid and FINALLY got into Orange Oasis. Well, not before finishing a sidequest for a rabbit hate. I do not approve violence on rabbits or animals.....but I'm not complaining about the equipment I got from said violence. :ultkrool: (63 rabbits, in case you're curious)

Will say...man, that train ride, talk about a mind****ery. While I knew a bit about it, it was my first time seeing it for myself, and when a dog-something came up and started to fight me. I was like:
4v23d.jpg
I said it before, but having moment like this is why I'm glad I didn't spoil myself everything. While the actual fight was easy peasy, the atmosphere was on point, and it kinda reminded me of Spirited Away, the train scene to be precise.

Annd yeah, after exploring a bit and talking to a old man who.....know alot more about the setting than you might expect. I saved and took a break for now.

Overall, despite my failing, it was quite fun, and finally able to shut Sweetheart big ass ego up was still worth it.

And that's all for now, btw, let me know if those posts are fun/interesting to read. Sometime I feel I talk alot to say....not much really, so feedback is always nice.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Hey hey, did another, shorter of Omori this morning, sooo might as well share it now:

To first begin this report, the very first thing I did was fighting Sweetheart at last, annnnnnnnd..................

Tbh, I feel my lack of restrain on spoilers kinda took most of the fun I could have had. Since I wasn't expecting to get Omori for a long time, I ended up spoiling myself some big moment about the game, especially the boss, and Sweetheart was no exception.

Due to this, and me knowing how the game work by now, I was able to debuff her alot & deal easily with her going full Manic. She also didn't use her OHOHOHOHOHOHO attack for some reason at all. Which mean I didn't have to deal with a angry party, and her multihit attack only allowed me to get a easy all-out attack.

All to say is, I really got no one but myself to blame for it being a cake walk (haha), and hopefully, I hope I can find a boss that can kick my ass. Spoiled or not.

With that said, after Space Husband & Sweetheart went far far away, singing All-Star on their Space Ship. Hopefully not breaking up this time (wink wink). The hole apparear and...

For a moment, I was scared that I couldn't get out and that I had to advance the story, Due to a cutscene triggering when you go to the door, but nope, you can get out & explore the world before going to The Hole. (A Dorohedoro reference, obviously).

I got Rally with Kel too, but haven't got a opportunity to use it yet. Hopefully I can find a way to make it work, otherwise Rebound will take it's place again. (Kel having so many skills that take alot of juice & requiring specific team with specific skills is I think his biggest weakness as a character)

Sooo, I accepted some sidequests, finished some sidequests I started beforehand (the teddy bear & book one). FINALLY fought the Kite Kid and FINALLY got into Orange Oasis. Well, not before finishing a sidequest for a rabbit hate. I do not approve violence on rabbits or animals.....but I'm not complaining about the equipment I got from said violence. :ultkrool: (63 rabbits, in case you're curious)

Will say...man, that train ride, talk about a mind****ery. While I knew a bit about it, it was my first time seeing it for myself, and when a dog-something came up and started to fight me. I was like:
View attachment 312695
I said it before, but having moment like this is why I'm glad I didn't spoil myself everything. While the actual fight was easy peasy, the atmosphere was on point, and it kinda reminded me of Spirited Away, the train scene to be precise.

Annd yeah, after exploring a bit and talking to a old man who.....know alot more about the setting than you might expect. I saved and took a break for now.

Overall, despite my failing, it was quite fun, and finally able to shut Sweetheart big ass ego up was still worth it.

And that's all for now, btw, let me know if those posts are fun/interesting to read. Sometime I feel I talk alot to say....not much really, so feedback is always nice.
Personally, I find your posts really entertaining to read. I'm not very good at articulating my thoughts about the games I play, so it's really interesting to see how you react to Omori.

Also, congrats on the bunny quest. I gave up halfway through the final one because there is so much grinding I can take, especially against cute animals.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah. I wanted to give major representation to a pantheon that doesn’t get focused on much and the Yoruba also add a lot of color to the roster.

And yeah. Creativity with movesets mainly. Hel for example is like... the only opportunity to include an Ice character if you stretch it a big

I actually didn’t think of Nephthys.

Well... Gilgamesh is in Smite. That and he’s a well known figure in Babylonian mythology and there weren’t many good or interesting options there. And Micheal... I wanted someone to represent the Christian god but he is by nature without form and pacifistic. Same with Jesus. So I thought, hey, the angels and archangels are shown with swords and the like all the time, that could work.

And I wrote Abrahamic literally just because I thought it sounded cooler.
New testament? Sure.

Old?

Ho ho hooo boy no.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Personally, I find your posts really entertaining to read. I'm not very good at articulating my thoughts about the games I play, so it's really interesting to see how you react to Omori.

Also, congrats on the bunny quest. I gave up halfway through the final one because there is so much grinding I can take, especially against cute animals.
Awww, thanks for saying that, pal!

Also, the fun thing about that bunny quest is that I didn't even tried to complete it: I just killed a ton of bunnies enemies while playing normally. So I got all the rewards on the spot lol. (the last reward is I say very good if you use Run-and-Gun on Kel, since it increase his speed & luck)

Btw, did you ever use Rally for Kel? If yes, is is worth keeping?

Finally, I hope to god you couldn't smash those wall with weird face until Orange Oasis, 'cuz otherwise, i'm gonna be very mad at myself on the moment lol.

World End Valentine is ****ing jam btw, my lord, this soundtrack just keep giving & giving.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Awww, thanks for saying that, pal!

Also, the fun thing about that bunny quest is that I didn't even tried to complete it: I just killed a ton of bunnies enemies while playing normally. So I got all the rewards on the spot lol. (the last reward is I say very good if you use Run-and-Gun on Kel, since it increase his speed & luck)

Btw, did you ever use Rally for Kel? If yes, is is worth keeping?

Finally, I hope to god you couldn't smash those wall with weird face until Orange Oasis, 'cuz otherwise, i'm gonna be very mad at myself on the moment lol.

is ****ing jam btw, my lord, this soundtrack just keep giving & giving.
World End Valentine is one of my favorite themes as well, your music taste is officially approved by me.

Rally is not bad, I just didn't really use it. He later learns another skill that also makes him happy with lower juice cost and I always run out of juice with him, so...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
World End Valentine is one of my favorite themes as well, your music taste is officially approved by me.

Rally is not bad, I just didn't really use it. He later learns another skill that also makes him happy with lower juice cost and I always run out of juice with him, so...
World End Valentine is one of the reasons why I wanted to play this game.

Suffice to say, i'm very glad I did.

Also, from what i'm seeing, Rally problem is that it cost alot of juice for Kel and require everyone else to have lost some amount of juice & heart to make it worth while. So hopefully, I can find a good moment for it. Otherwise, back to my basic ass Annoy-Flex-GunAndRun-Rebound stragegy with him haha. (which doesn't use alot of juices actually, which is very nice)

EDIT: also holy golly, your post got liked by Big Chungus himself.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 312695

Honestly, I enjoy these posts. It’s fun seeing my friends‘ thoughts on the game as they play through it. And don’t worry. If you plan on doing a Hikikomori route, there is definitely a boss who’ll give you a rough time.

I am so glad all bunnies in the game count towards that sidequest, not just the default ones in the Vast Forest. I ain’t gonna sit in the vast forest for an hour grinding-

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have been chosen by Chungus

I am now ascending to a higher plane of existence.
You've surpassed The Chungus.

Therefore, I give you the title of Big Chungus Jr.
Honestly, I enjoy these posts. It’s fun seeing my friends‘ thoughts on the game as they play through it. And don’t worry. If you plan on doing a Hikikomori route, there is definitely a boss who’ll give you a rough time.

I am so glad all bunnies in the game count towards that sidequest, not just the default ones in the Vast Forest. I ain’t gonna sit in the vast forest for an hour grinding-
Glad to hear, and right now, I'm on the main route, so all challenge I look forward are on said route, so we will see.

Also....hehehe, playing the game atm, and just got the "everyone a critic" achievement.

Luck truly was on my side. >: )

(will do a bigger report once i'm done)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If you want a recent example from late 2020, in Nova Scotia, there are mobs attacking Native fisheries and fishermen. The natives have the right to fish when and where thanks to a treaty from the 1700s and they have an official fishery for lobster catching, but the other commercial fisherman were angry because it messed with their schedules for the best catches and eventually around November last year, they went full mob and were vandalizing Native fisheries and destroying their equipment, including several hundred lobster traps.
And despite the RCMP being called in, they were reportedly simply watching the mobs do their stuff instead of taking action when they arrived.
This is just sad, its the present day and this **** still endures even to this day. So much for my country being among the "nicest". I know not everyone is like this btw but still. Judge those on their actions, not on their ancestors or relatives which is why racism is stupid to begin with and shouldn't even be a thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom