• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Make you wonder why the Mii Costume have been getting less & less special treatement with time.

Like the Sans costume with Megalovania remix made so much sound on the internet, then Cuphead came with a piece of music and lots of peoples were happy, then we got Vault Guy....but no songs. Then Bomberman got a cool costume but they kind reused his Assist Trophy for that, then geno got in and it's litteraly his Smash 4 model but slighty updated, and now, just Arthur is new, and it's only 4 costumes?

Feel like Sakurai & his team kinda lost the sauce with them.
To be fair for me the Mii Costumes only ever felt worth it for the music but yeah it's a wee bit cause of concern of that front. Still we got one more fighter and then the build-up of the finale so we might just see a bit of downtime because of the pandemic.

If anything that's what I'm worried about.
Don't want just "final fighter showcase" but more of a grand finale with a trailer showcasing all the characters and an additional thank you in an update like a new stage.

Mii Fighters just feel like a requirement from Nintendo even though I can see being not being sold as much for the company would like.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Elizabeth Olsen wasn't lying about her past MCU costumes as Wanda Maximoff...she really did have a lot of her cleavage exposed...weird how I never noticed that to be true

hopefully she gets to have that covered up for when she finally becomes the Scarlet Witch

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To be fair for me the Mii Costumes only ever felt worth it for the music but yeah it's a wee bit cause of concern of that front. Still we got one more fighter and then the build-up of the finale so we might just see a bit of downtime because of the pandemic.

If anything that's what I'm worried about.
Don't want just "final fighter showcase" but more of a grand finale with a trailer showcasing all the characters and an additional thank you in an update like a new stage.

Mii Fighters just feel like a requirement from Nintendo even though I can see being not being sold as much for the company would like.
They just need to put "Megalovania TWO" on a new Mii costume and they be able to print money with whatever characters they go with.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like how Ryuji is always the first person in the group to stand up for Sophie when she needs help. He's a good boy.

D

Deleted member

For me personally, mii costume reveals don't really affect me that much. Can't exactly have your most wanteds get miied when they're so obscure even Sakurai himself probably doesn't know about them :yeahboi:

Although if it isn't obvious, that's kinda a double edged sword.

Last edited by a moderator:

BIG D Was Taken

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BIGD#791
I just want another Namco character. Lloyd is just one of the few options left on that front.
yeah sounds like sakurai could do something really cool with the blade switch buuuuuuuuut he's gonna be really annoying to play against ( pretty much like every DLC character, they're made to be really really easy to play and good to get more sales)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was given the option and opportunity to be given a COVID vaccine. It's something I'm thinking about because I'm rather hesitant due to potential side effects. Why I've never gotten a yearly flu shot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can we talk how nasty that Dair into Pyra Up-B combo look?

Or that DLC hitbox too for that matter?

That move alone is gonna make peoples think twice when it come to staying with Mythra, trust me, I can see the future.

And the future can't even see that hitbox comin'.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  • I DID IT
  • I MADE IT TO THE PART OF PERSONA 5 STRIKERS MY FELLOW PHANTOM THIEVES
I'VE BEEN BLESSED IN THE EARS BY GETTING TO HEAR RYUJI SAY THE **** WORD

Shroob

Sup?
Well, Monster Hunter being killed is a surprise, but....

I still have 0 faith in Lloyd though, lol. Every other Mii costume from 4 has returned in a non-playable role, at this point, it still feels like his days are numbered.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also that rapid jab Pyra/Mythra got is straight-up Mario & Luigi Fire/Thunder Hand from M&L Superstar Saga.

You can't convince me otherwise.

D

Deleted member

I got really curious and decided to see what the people of Stevecord said about me during the months I was out of Discord (since servers tend to talk about mods and what they think of them).

And woah... The people there really liked me. There were a lot of posts talking about how they missed me, thinking about PM me to check on me and even made a list where they ranked me the most reliable mod.

I don't know what to exactly say, but It does mean A LOT to me that there is a community which does appreciate me this much.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So anyway, I think Pyra and Mythra look super fun! I don’t have too much to say, but they look great overall, and I’m excited to play as em’. I also wanna play Xenoblade 2 now, haha.
cheers drink new year.gif

Welcome on the XB2 Train, amigo.

Feel free to ask any questions you might get in the future, and me & the boyz will help you as best you can.~

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
View attachment 305957
Welcome on the XB2 Train, amigo.

Feel free to ask any questions you might get in the future, and me & the boyz will help you as best you can.~
I do have one question, yeah. As a guy who typically enjoys simpler RPGs like Pokemon and Omori, do ya think Xenoblade will be too complex for me, or no?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I do have one question, yeah. As a guy who typically enjoys simpler RPGs like Pokemon and Omori, do ya think Xenoblade will be too complex for me, or no?
Xenoblade 2's issue isn't it's complexity, but rather how it does an absolute garbage job at explaining it's mechanics. Also be prepared to do a lot of grinding if you just want to experience the main story cause the game locks out story progression if you don't grind at a certain point during the final parts

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, Monster Hunter being killed is a surprise, but....

I still have 0 faith in Lloyd though, lol. Every other Mii costume from 4 has returned in a non-playable role, at this point, it still feels like his days are numbered.
I agree completely. It’s like how we all thought Issac and shadow were locks and then they both came back as assists last minute. then we thought Geno because of no costume and then he came back. llyold is probably going to go the same way.

Im betting it’s Crash at E3 and Llyold comes back as a costume for the final rep, a Pokémon character because rpg. More specifically Ancient Dawn and Lukas

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Short answer:
YES

Long answer: Yes, but that's why peoples like Chugga exist.

He made this video that explain some really good stuff that will help you alot when you play.
And he is currently LP the game and is at 100~ episodes at this point in time, so if you need more details & a chill guy to listen to, he is your man. (I say the first few videos are the most important, but he generally got always good details to know)

If XB2 is too complex tho, XB1:DE is much more easier to understand and as much better tutorial than 2. (Especially since you can see them again)

So if you like to start easy, maybe DE might be better for you, but that's up to you.

There's also RNG with the blade system in 2 & some stuff that can block your way, buuuuuuut as long as you unlock lots of them (which you should, since you're going to try lots of them to get Rare blade) & send them on missions (you will get that later in the game, and you know to always send your blades while you do other stuff) you should be fine.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Xenoblade 2's issue isn't it's complexity, but rather how it does an absolute garbage job at explaining it's mechanics. Also be prepared to do a lot of grinding if you just want to experience the main story cause the game locks out story progression if you don't grind at a certain point during the final parts
Might do a bit of research on the mechanics on my own, then!

Short answer:
YES

Long answer: Yes, but that's why peoples like Chugga exist.

He made this video that explain some really good stuff that will help you alot when you play.
And he is currently LP the game and is at 100~ episodes at this point in time, so if you need more details & a chill guy to listen to, he is your man.

If XB2 is too complex tho, XB1:DE is much more easier to understand and as much better tutorial than 2. (Especially since you can see them again)

So if you like to start easy, maybe DE might be better for you, but that's up to you.

There's also RNG with the blade system in 2 & some stuff that can block your way, buuuuuuut as long as you unlock lots of them (which you should, since you're going to try lots of them to get Rare blade) & send them on missions (you will get that later in the game, and you know to always send your blades while you do other stuff) you should be fine.
Oh I'm not worried about it being hard. Games wouldn't be fun if there was no challenge. I'm more so talking about like, complex mechanics and stuff. I'm sure I can wrap my head around it, I was just curious if wrapping my head around it is gonna be a pain.

And I'll be sure to watch Chugga's Xenoblade 2 let's play! Probably gonna start this week or next week.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Grinding for field skills isn't really that huge of an issue unless you completely ignore awakening the oodles of Core Crystals that you'll inevitably obtain while playing the game. Even with RNG involved, you're more than likely going to have all the field skills you need for story progression as long as you keep up with them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Grinding for field skills isn't really that huge of an issue unless you completely ignore awakening the oodles of Core Crystals that you'll inevitably obtain while playing the game. Even with RNG involved, you're more than likely going to have all the field skills you need for story progression as long as you keep up with them.
To add to that, Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , the main story will give you blades that have field skills that will get you through most of the main games no problem (so long you level them up, which is more or less easy). Sidequests are a different story, but nothing stop you from doing them at a later point. The game is very, very forgiving and no sidequests can be miss at any points.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Idk I know someone who had not gotten a single Electric Blade until an hour after realizing they needed an Electric Blade for that one gate. Looking up that gate also shows a bunch of reddit and gamefaqs posts of users asking for help as they got stuck. It's still garbage game design that speedrunners were overjoyed to find a way to glitch through that gate because it beats unneeded grinding

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Some thoughts on the presentation:

- The characters look dope, definitely will try 'em out. Sephy will probably stay my swordie main, though.

- The Mii Costumes, to me, were pretty bland and boring. Really let down on that TBH.

- MH being out is...A thing, lol. I flipped flopped on them a ton so it's a little surprising, but also not really.

- Lloyd do be livin' though, Shroob Shroob . 👀

- Also, Sakurai's wording on the Mii Costumes and the fact we got a big pack of Capcom stuff now is making me question if another Capcom character is coming or not. TBH I think I'm throwing my bet on Crash and Cinderace, and I'll get more detailed thoughts on that another time.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Some thoughts on the presentation:

- The characters look dope, definitely will try 'em out. Sephy will probably stay my swordie main, though.

- The Mii Costumes, to me, were pretty bland and boring. Really let down on that TBH.

- MH being out is...A thing, lol. I flipped flopped on them a ton so it's a little surprising, but also not really.

- Lloyd do be livin' though, Shroob Shroob . 👀

- Also, Sakurai's wording on the Mii Costumes and the fact we got a big pack of Capcom stuff now is making me question if another Capcom character is coming or not. TBH I think I'm throwing my bet on Crash and Cinderace, and I'll get more detailed thoughts on that another time.
Lloyd be on borrowed time. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom