• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh for sure, he's the only Sm4sh costume left: He's either returning with CP10, is CP10, or they just snubbed him for some reason.

My bets are on the first scenario, but we shall see. :nifty:
Eh, they didn't snub him. They brought all the others back.

He'll either be back with 10, 11 or playable.

My only doubt is, if he somehow IS playable, he's not CP10. I don't see Tales of being the June drop tbh. though that's also my personal guess.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anime tiddies more important than Rex damn

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Now hold the **** on.

How can you not have a electric blade when Pandoria, Zeke blades, as Electric Mastery up to lvl3?

Sure, you still need two levels to unlock that gate, but:

1) You must be REALLY that unlucky or have released lots of blades by accident to not have 1 or 2 electric blades by that point of the game.

2) So long you get lots of collectibles by exploring (which you should, that's how XB games work) , You can unlock Herald without having to put up with RNG, since she is always in the same place every time you play the game. (Pandoria & especially Herald chat are easy enough to fill during normal gameplay)

3) You can use booster to increase your idea state and thus your chance to get one or two electric blades.

Focus lvl5 can be easily filled with Wulfric & Pyra, both are blades you get in the main story and more or less early, so you should have no problem getting that fill up.

The only person I could find this gate unfair are speedrunners, but then again, if it's your very first time playing, you shouldn't try to rush out & again, with Pandoria, Wulfric & Pyra in the party, you really don't have to grind that much. (also that's not counting you getting Electra early in the game, which is quite likely in lots of cases due to how the pity blades system work)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright! Mastered my P5S save file and can start up New Game Plus! Gonna play through again until I can get all of the bond skills and all of the most powerful Personas in the game!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now hold the **** on.

How can you not have a electric blade when Pandoria, Zeke blades, as Electric Mastery up to lvl3?

Sure, you still need two levels to unlock that gate, but:

1) You must be REALLY that unlucky or have released lots of blades by accident to not have 1 or 2 electric blades by that point of the game.

2) So long you get lots of collectibles by exploring (which you should, that's how XB games work) , You can unlock Herald without having to put up with RNG, since she is always in the same place every time you play the game. (Pandoria & especially Herald chat are easy enough to fill during normal gameplay)

3) You can use booster to increase your idea state and thus your chance to get one or two electric blades.

Focus lvl5 can be easily filled with Wulfric & Pyra, both are blades you get in the main story and more or less early, so you should have no problem getting that fill up.

The only person I could find this gate unfair are speedrunners, but then again, if it's your very first time playing, you shouldn't try to rush out & again, with Pandoria, Wulfric & Pyra in the party, you really don't have to grind that much. (also that's not counting you getting Electra early in the game, which is quite likely in lots of cases due to how the pity blades system work)
They just got unlucky. I've had it happen in XCX where I was locked out of the main story for 10 hours because a mandatory sidequest wanted me to get a certain item drop. It doesn't change how it's crap game design as it serves only to ruin the pacing and punish those who did not find or did not care for the sidequests. You know, something that's supposed to be optional. There's no narrative purpose like in NMHI, there's no story purpose like in Shenmue 3, you just have to grind if you don't have these requirements because Monolith are hacks who can't stop making sidequests mandatory. If they had control over BotW then you'd need like 200 Korok Seeds to fight Ganon, they're like the JRPG version of Rare

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Eh, they didn't snub him. They brought all the others back.

He'll either be back with 10, 11 or playable.

My only doubt is, if he somehow IS playable, he's not CP10. I don't see Tales of being the June drop tbh. though that's also my personal guess.
He'd have to be CP11 then and TBH I dunno if I see them ending on two third parties, personally.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

"But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, drop it right off at the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm like, "boom" you looking for this?"

(LeBron James and the kid both looked confused.)

"Boom. Are you looking for..." Why do I even talk to you guys? As James Rhodes once said.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
They just got unlucky. I've had it happen in XCX where I was locked out of the main story for 10 hours because a mandatory sidequest wanted me to get a certain item drop. It doesn't change how it's crap game design as it serves only to ruin the pacing and punish those who did not find or did not care for the sidequests. You know, something that's supposed to be optional. There's no narrative purpose like in NMHI, there's no story purpose like in Shenmue 3, you just have to grind if you don't have these requirements because Monolith are hacks who can't stop making sidequests mandatory. If they had control over BotW then you'd need like 200 Korok Seeds to fight Ganon, they're like the JRPG version of Rare
Again, I just show off that you can do it without relying on RNG that much.

Also, Monolith are hacks? Yeah, all their efforts on helping making BOTW world probably meant nothing, i'm sure Nintendo could have done without them without any problems same for Pikmin 3, or Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Also
there's no story purpose like in Shenmue 3,
Who the **** use Shemnue 3 as a better exemple of doing sidequests with the story?

Don't you have to grind like a mad man to get money to buy some vines to a old man to learn a technique that you will learn again later?

Isn't the game where you got to eat stuff otherwise your stamina will go away and you will be left with little health when a fight come? As well as being slower during walking section?

Isn't that the game where they removed all the complex elements with the battle system and the game tell you to just mash buttons to win?

Isn't that the game where there's like cutscenes for putting your shoes on and removing them?

And finally, isn't tht the game where all of your efforts are rendered meaningless because Ryo get curbstomp like a ***** by Lan Di and as to run away for his life?

If i'm right on most of those points, then that's the game you think does a better job?

Well, coming from you of all peoples, who been ****ting on this game for 3-4 years at this point, I guess i'm not surprised at this point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Again, I just show off that you can do it without relying on RNG that much.

Also, Monolith are hacks? Yeah, all their efforts on helping making BOTW world probably meant nothing, i'm sure Nintendo could have done without them without any problems same for Pikmin 3, or Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Also

Who the **** use Shemnue 3 as a better exemple of doing sidequests with the story?

Don't you have to grind like a mad man to get money to buy some vines to a old man to learn a technique that you will learn again later?

Isn't the game where you got to eat stuff otherwise your stamina will go away and you will be left with little health when a fight come? As well as being slower during walking section?

Isn't that the game where they removed all the complex elements with the battle system and the game tell you to just mash buttons to win?

Isn't that the game where there's like cutscenes for putting your shoes on and removing them?

And finally, isn't tht the game where all of your efforts are rendered meaningless because Ryo get curbstomp like a ***** by Lan Di and as to run away for his life?

If i'm right on most of those points, then that's the game you think does a better job?

Well, coming from you of all peoples, who been ****ting on this game for 3-4 years at this point, I guess i'm not surprised at this point.
Without relying on RNG that much isn't the same thing as not the same thing as not relying on it at all. Thank you for saying it's RNG dependant and needs to be known about beforehand to deal with.

Monolith are indeed hacks when they're in charge, every game they've made since 2015 has you unable to make story progression until you do some complete nonsense that shouldn't matter. For XCX it was affinity missions being mandatory despite you having to go out of your way to do those. I just mentioned the chapter 9 gate. Torna blocks you multiple times until you finish enough sidequests. Sidequests shouldn't be ****ing mandatory for beating the main game, the main game is what should be mandatory for beating the main game.

Yes, I used Shenmue 3 as a comparison because Shenmue at it's core was always meant to portray a repetitive every day life and the futility of revenge. The **** design is deliberate, though it serves a narrative purpose. Like how NMH1 is literally a plotpoint and part of the narrative of Travis being an unstable person. Monolith makes **** mandatory because they thought it was a good idea with no narrative reason to let it slide.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that your average XB2 stan sees someone telling someone who's interested in the game to keep that in mind so they don't get stuck and get a more enjoyable experience and get upset for saying the game isn't completely flawless. Because giving advice to enhance the experience is a bad thing, right?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So while the excitement is building until our Xeno-duo finally arrives (gonna play Xenoblade 2 shortly) I'm gonna post some personal stuff here since it's Thursday and a certain anime makes me very, very reflective. These are the types of posts I get worried about being buried to the point where I would want to quit the forum.

As always every Thursday I watch Laid Back Camp and as always I started tearing up like mad, even borderline crying.
I'm gonna admit and I never show it but underneath a lot of the time, I feel so frustrated all the time so many things. Health, issues with siblings (where they can't even say a thing anymore), feeling limited and all. I watch this and I shed tears, like my body needs it.

To some they would think it's pretty pathetic but they haven't seen the world through my eyes. Of course they can't relate to that.

Just right now I'm so limited as a person and I'm regretful at not understanding or wanting to do stuff sooner. In that part of my life I wish I could fully restart that. Siblings? I just wished one of them made a different decision years ago so I would have been given enough space to grow up as myself. Also I hate how bloody loud he is.

Anyways going back to the anime it really is right in the heart of its genre of being a healing anime and I wouldn't put it out to say that Laid-Back Camp and Persona 5 Royal were the two main show/games to have gotten me out of the physical anxiety. How overcoming they are in their themes, I seriously applaud the creators of both.

And for the former should I go camping? Not yet but I'm gonna get a damn bike and push myself.

So with reflecting over.
With another tearful episode plus Re:Zero drawing out a certain fight across two episodes, Laid Back Camp now where it stands for favourite anime.

1. Kino’s Journey (2003 and 2017)
2. Laid-Back Camp
3. Re;Zero - Starting Life in Another World
4. A Place Further Than The Universe
5. Violet Evergarden

It might take a season 3 announcement for it to go number 1.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pitch Idea for Persona 5 Strikers DLC! WARNING: Contains base game spoilers!
A DLC campaign with new jails (kind of) and a bunch of new plot. Carying on from the plot points introduced in Royal, it starts with Sumire entering Inaba for a gymnastics contest, texting the Phantom Thieves and expressing sorrow over her own trip preventing her from joining. Eventually she notices a shadowy figure out of the corner of her eyes and chases after it. We cut to grown versions of the Investigation Team from Persona 4, having their own reunion. Through similar shenanigains to the main plot with the Thieves, the team ends up in a Jail and they run in to Violet and Crow (the shadowy figure she chased). Filling them in on the rules of the Metaverse, the Investigation team teams up with the lost members of the Phantom Thieves to get to the main team and help them stop whatever is causing all of this.

Including Inaba, the game takes you through 6 "new" jails. One of them is the Okinawa Jail, much earlier then the thieves visit it, so it is less ruined and we actually get a fight with Shuzo Ubokata's shadow form, though they are sadly unable to save him (the body was fresh enough to still be there and relativly non-decomposed in the main story, so I figure this would make sense if it was like... the second Jail they visited). Tokyo's Jail and the Tree of Knowledge are also visited with differing layouts as well, but the Investigation Team and Co. do not fight the Demiurge, getting a different boss. They do get a fight against Ichinose, revealing some cognitive gobyldygook that explains why they haven't been able to link up with the Phantom Theives. Beating a new boss then unlocks the ability to play through the main story on "Royal" mode, which changes up the cutscenes and plot to incorporate Violet and Crow. Like how Persona 5 Royal did. Saving the full on meating if the Investigation Team and Phantom Thieves for Persona 5 Arena. The other two jails are completely new.

Your party of characters for the new campaign are Yu Narukami, Yosuke Hanamura, Chie Satonaka, Yukiko Amagi, Kanji Tatsumi, Teddie, Naoto Shirogane, Violet/Kasumi Yoshizawa, and Crow/Goro Akechi. With Rise Kujikawa navigating in the same way Oracle does in the main campaign. The Investigation Team do acquire new "Phantom Thief" costumes thanks to the Metaverse working differently from the Midnight Channel, and they are given code names for the same reason. Margaret and Marie also return to man the Velvet Room for Yu, who is able to use multiple Personas just like Joker.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
YOOOOOOOO!

Just got this book in the mail finally!

Ordered it online last Boxing Day! Covid delays suck but it's here now!
Speculative Evolution is a super fun subject when you consider the radical changes that occur over millions of years to plant and animal life. So considering how life is affected in the future, especially after our inevitable extinction however many thousands to million years can be super interesting!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This wasn't about importance, though. Sakurai tried to make Rex and Pyra work as a duo fighter but 8-player Ice Climbers matches were chaotic enough as is and really pushed the game to its limits, so he simply opted for the next best thing.
the price I pay for forgetting about the sarcasm style. I can tell that each character has been given hard work and determination by Sakurai, just like how he puts in effort on practically everything he does....cause come on...it’s Smash. Has there ever been a real time when the series has legitimately disappointed the overall public in the long run?
Ok, so I wanted to ignore this, but why does half of your posts have to include the subject waifus or anime tiddies?

Like, their hot, sure, but it's getting kinda old at this point.
The “half” part aside, that last comment was made based on the reactions I’ve seen about them from the Smash side of Twitter...tho I’m kinda slightly surprised that comment is what you’ve seen from most of my comments instead of the plethora of highly knowledgeable and educating things unrelated to the vast world of the latest and hottest (the anticipated kind) Smash characters I’ve discussed before with others.

"I'm like, "boom" you looking for this?" As James Rhodes once said.
I am ready for both this movie and for Armor Wars.

James Rhodes/War Machine/Donald Duck is finally getting the attention he deserves. Easily going to be, by default, one of the best Basketball movies of all time

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Without relying on RNG that much isn't the same thing as not the same thing as not relying on it at all. Thank you for saying it's RNG dependant and needs to be known about beforehand to deal with.

Monolith are indeed hacks when they're in charge, every game they've made since 2015 has you unable to make story progression until you do some complete nonsense that shouldn't matter. For XCX it was affinity missions being mandatory despite you having to go out of your way to do those. I just mentioned the chapter 9 gate. Torna blocks you multiple times until you finish enough sidequests. Sidequests shouldn't be ****ing mandatory for beating the main game, the main game is what should be mandatory for beating the main game.

Yes, I used Shenmue 3 as a comparison because Shenmue at it's core was always meant to portray a repetitive every day life and the futility of revenge. The ** design is deliberate, though it serves a narrative purpose. Like how NMH1 is literally a plotpoint and part of the narrative of Travis being an unstable person. Monolith makes ** mandatory because they thought it was a good idea with no narrative reason to let it slide.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that your average XB2 stan sees someone telling someone who's interested in the game to keep that in mind so they don't get stuck and get a more enjoyable experience and get upset for saying the game isn't completely flawless. Because giving advice to enhance the experience is a bad thing, right?
So Shemnue 3 is better because getting kick in the balls ton of time as meaning?

I showed this video before because I know those pitfall the games has, and want peoples who want to play it to know them so that they don't get **** like the people you mentionned before.

Like, if I was a average stan, I wouldn't warn anyone about the game problems or the like, in fact, a thing I often say is that the tutorials are bad, there's no point in denying it, they're bad, and that's why I let peoples know about it & show them stuff that can make their experience better.

Does it excuse the game? No, does this game as alot of flaws? Yes, but while XB2 indeed as lots of flaws, it also has lots of good, and if peoples can enjoy said positives, then great! If no, well, they aren't wrong, but I tried my best to help.

I could argument that Torna sidequests, while they shouldn't mandatory to advance the story indeed, are important in other way, I won't go there because it's past midnight here.

I'm ending this debate to say that, really, I don't think I did a good job here with my wording & getting too harsh at time, and for that, I I deserve getting call out in places.

However, I don't think your argument is flawless either, and while our opinion wil be always be opposite, when it come to XB2 at least, I say those 3-4 years of seeing your argument hasnt convince me to call it a piece of trash or the company who made it a bunch of hack.

I will defend this game, I will support the company to make better game & learn from their mistakes, and I will make peoples have the best time possibles with it, if they need help that is. Even if I have to show them the worst probems with it and risk losing them halfway through.

With that all said, have a good night, and take care you all.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So Shemnue 3 is better because getting kick in the balls ton of time as meaning?

I showed this video before because I know those pitfall the games has, and want peoples who want to play it to know them so that they don't get **** like the people you mentionned before.

Like, if I was a average stan, I wouldn't warn anyone about the game problems or the like, in fact, a thing I often say is that the tutorials are bad, there's no point in denying it, they're bad, and that's why I let peoples know about it & show them stuff that can make their experience better.

Does it excuse the game? No, does this game as alot of flaws? Yes, but while XB2 indeed as lots of flaws, it also has lots of good, and if peoples can enjoy said positives, then great! If no, well, they aren't wrong, but I tried my best to help.

I could argument that Torna sidequests, while they shouldn't mandatory to advance the story indeed, are important in other way, I won't go there because it's past midnight here.

I'm ending this debate to say that, really, I don't think I did a good job here with my wording & getting too harsh at time, and for that, I I deserve getting call out in places.

However, I don't think your argument is flawless either, and while our opinion wil be always be opposite, when it come to XB2 at least, I say those 3-4 years of seeing your argument hasnt convince me to call it a piece of trash or the company who made it a bunch of hack.

I will defend this game, I will support the company to make better game & learn from their mistakes, and I will make peoples have the best time possibles with it, if they need help that is. Even if I have to show them the worst probems with it and risk losing them halfway through.

With that all said, have a good night, and take care you all.
So to summarize, purposely bad game design with a narrative behind it is worse than flatout bad game design and anyone who doesn't like the game can't try to make it a more pleasant experience for people who want to play it so they don't have to suffer from worse pacing. Got it.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So while the excitement is building until our Xeno-duo finally arrives (gonna play Xenoblade 2 shortly) I'm gonna post some personal stuff here since it's Thursday and a certain anime makes me very, very reflective. These are the types of posts I get worried about being buried to the point where I would want to quit the forum.

As always every Thursday I watch Laid Back Camp and as always I started tearing up like mad, even borderline crying.
I'm gonna admit and I never show it but underneath a lot of the time, I feel so frustrated all the time so many things. Health, issues with siblings (where they can't even say a thing anymore), feeling limited and all. I watch this and I shed tears, like my body needs it.

To some they would think it's pretty pathetic but they haven't seen the world through my eyes. Of course they can't relate to that.

Just right now I'm so limited as a person and I'm regretful at not understanding or wanting to do stuff sooner. In that part of my life I wish I could fully restart that. Siblings? I just wished one of them made a different decision years ago so I would have been given enough space to grow up as myself. Also I hate how bloody loud he is.

Anyways going back to the anime it really is right in the heart of its genre of being a healing anime and I wouldn't put it out to say that Laid-Back Camp and Persona 5 Royal were the two main show/games to have gotten me out of the physical anxiety. How overcoming they are in their themes, I seriously applaud the creators of both.

And for the former should I go camping? Not yet but I'm gonna get a damn bike and push myself.

So with reflecting over.
With another tearful episode plus Re:Zero drawing out a certain fight across two episodes, Laid Back Camp now where it stands for favourite anime.

1. Kino’s Journey (2003 and 2017)
2. Laid-Back Camp
3. Re;Zero - Starting Life in Another World
4. A Place Further Than The Universe
5. Violet Evergarden

It might take a season 3 announcement for it to go number 1.
All right I'll delete this then.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If were getting a Tales of character at all my moneys on Yuri lowell, with Lloyd getting the mii spot, with some music from Symphonia acompanying Yuri and the Vesperia soundtrack, which fits since a character from Symphonia is a secret boss in Vesperia.

Pitch Idea for Persona 5 Strikers DLC! WARNING: Contains base game spoilers!
A DLC campaign with new jails (kind of) and a bunch of new plot. Carying on from the plot points introduced in Royal, it starts with Sumire entering Inaba for a gymnastics contest, texting the Phantom Thieves and expressing sorrow over her own trip preventing her from joining. Eventually she notices a shadowy figure out of the corner of her eyes and chases after it. We cut to grown versions of the Investigation Team from Persona 4, having their own reunion. Through similar shenanigains to the main plot with the Thieves, the team ends up in a Jail and they run in to Violet and Crow (the shadowy figure she chased). Filling them in on the rules of the Metaverse, the Investigation team teams up with the lost members of the Phantom Thieves to get to the main team and help them stop whatever is causing all of this.

Including Inaba, the game takes you through 6 "new" jails. One of them is the Okinawa Jail, much earlier then the thieves visit it, so it is less ruined and we actually get a fight with Shuzo Ubokata's shadow form, though they are sadly unable to save him (the body was fresh enough to still be there and relativly non-decomposed in the main story, so I figure this would make sense if it was like... the second Jail they visited). Tokyo's Jail and the Tree of Knowledge are also visited with differing layouts as well, but the Investigation Team and Co. do not fight the Demiurge, getting a different boss. They do get a fight against Ichinose, revealing some cognitive gobyldygook that explains why they haven't been able to link up with the Phantom Theives. Beating a new boss then unlocks the ability to play through the main story on "Royal" mode, which changes up the cutscenes and plot to incorporate Violet and Crow. Like how Persona 5 Royal did. Saving the full on meating if the Investigation Team and Phantom Thieves for Persona 5 Arena. The other two jails are completely new.

Your party of characters for the new campaign are Yu Narukami, Yosuke Hanamura, Chie Satonaka, Yukiko Amagi, Kanji Tatsumi, Teddie, Naoto Shirogane, Violet/Kasumi Yoshizawa, and Crow/Goro Akechi. With Rise Kujikawa navigating in the same way Oracle does in the main campaign. The Investigation Team do acquire new "Phantom Thief" costumes thanks to the Metaverse working differently from the Midnight Channel, and they are given code names for the same reason. Margaret and Marie also return to man the Velvet Room for Yu, who is able to use multiple Personas just like Joker.
**** i wanted something like this so badly, the instrumentation in Strikers really gives off the vibe of a crossover of P4 and P5, with P5's jazzy music and P4's rock music, i'm fine with what we got sure but it feels like a missed opportunity imo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
uh...ok...you were completely right about that certain scene that you didn’t like Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade ...doesn’t fit the story at all

but so far everything afterwards has been amazing can’t believe Tony would allow an evil version of him to pop once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom