• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Donkey Kong Jr must’ve been a ****ty dad or died hella early...cause where the hell is that guy at?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Isn't DK Jr the current Donkey Kong we have now?

While Cranky was like the original one from the Arcade?
The series goes back and forth on that sort of thing. Cranky has been referred to as Donkey Kong's father or grandfather, depending on the game. Going by the Wiki, Cranky being DK's grandfather comes up more often. (him being DK's father was only mentioned in DK64, apparently)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Something else that bothers me with that “leaked” document.

There’s literally just a 3ds logo on it. Considering Nintendo loves slapping their confidential or Nintendo stamps on legal documents, why the hell doesn’t this have it? It’s not even directly related to 3ds, as it mentions other system hacking too.

Not to mention Reaetera Deleted the original thread and banned the user. Which was supposedly for doxing. Which makes no sense to perma Ban someone over. Maybe I’m wrong but the fact this document is something I could literally make in photoshop in five minutes, cane for 4chan, could have been addedby getting leaked data then uploading this fake document to a server and downloading everything again, and just comes at to convenient timing;

It just doesn’t add up to me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The series goes back and forth on that sort of thing. Cranky has been referred to as Donkey Kong's father or grandfather, depending on the game. Going by the Wiki, Cranky being DK's grandfather comes up more often. (him being DK's father was only mentioned in DK64, apparently)
Think there was a retcon that the Donkey Kong we see is actually Cranky's grandson thus Jr. is the current DK's father.
I knew about the retcon, but just asked to be sure.

I swear, DK lore is more confusing than Dark Soul Lore at time

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
crazy that it's only 3 days until christmas. It feels like last christmas was literally yesterday.
I know I'm very excited. What's better is this year coming to an end soon and two words.

Good riddance!

That said despite being a quiet holiday this year, make of it as much as you can keeping your spirit up. :)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I knew about the retcon, but just asked to be sure.

I swear, DK lore is more confusing than Dark Soul Lore at time
DK lore is nothing compared to Kirby lore!

And that's not even mentioning Gooey and Meta Knight! (though it seems like most of the Kirby lore comes from implications in brief descriptions on the pause screens during boss fights)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
DK lore is nothing compared to Kirby lore!

And that's not even getting into Gooey and Meta Knight! (though it seems like most of the Kirby lore comes from implications in brief descriptions on the pause screens during boss fights)
Yeah

But Kirby Lore is expected at that point, gonna be original when it come to LOOOORE joke.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

possible swearing warning just in case

w e l p .

I have decided that I want to die.

that’s obviously an exaggeration but you get what I mean

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've started getting back into Pokemon Go, if anyone wants to add me here's my friend code
2151 7666 9010

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well I was gonna watch Jingle All the Way today as part of my Christmas movie marathon but I think I'm gonna go on ahead and watch Shazam! instead.

Technically counts as a Christmas movie since it's set during it.

Man, I can't believe I gave that film so much **** before seeing it and all for what? Because it was DCEU? Something I definitely regret.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Something else that bothers me with that “leaked” document.

There’s literally just a 3ds logo on it. Considering Nintendo loves slapping their confidential or Nintendo stamps on legal documents, why the hell doesn’t this have it? It’s not even directly related to 3ds, as it mentions other system hacking too.

Not to mention Reaetera Deleted the original thread and banned the user. Which was supposedly for doxing. Which makes no sense to perma Ban someone over. Maybe I’m wrong but the fact this document is something I could literally make in photoshop in five minutes, cane for 4chan, could have been addedby getting leaked data then uploading this fake document to a server and downloading everything again, and just comes at to convenient timing;

It just doesn’t add up to me.
what are we talking about

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I am back from hiking. My legs are in pain but I got some good pics.

I'm going to go buy Taiko for Switch. That is all.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Bit of some complex wording, but from what it's saying I'm pretty certain it's basically stating that you can no longer use music, films, or parts of them, without permission of the original owner. Doing so would break the law. Uncertain if the same will hold true for videogame footage.
I think this is more in regards to piracy and distribution.

D

Deleted member

Bit of some complex wording, but from what it's saying I'm pretty certain it's basically stating that you can no longer use music, films, or parts of them, without permission of the original owner. Doing so would break the law. Uncertain if the same will hold true for videogame footage.
From what I can gather I imagine this law is designed to crack down on, specifically, sites that host copyrighted material without the owner's permission(stuff like Kissanime for example)

Although I have a feeling it's not the big sites that'll feel the pinch: it'll be the regular average people on sites like Youtube and Twitch because god knows how they're gonna "improve" their systems to avoid falling under this law's wrath.

Dutch Raikuna

For those curious, I dug up a raw copy of the new "copyright=felony" law

https://www.tillis.senate.gov/services/files/A30B0C08-FB97-4F90-BB60-43283EB7AF35

can't seem to find the entire thing though; which I guess makes sense considering it only passed a few hours ago now.
You guys tend to forget we had a scare like this with the EU copyright directive and now it's the US turn for this it seems.

Doubt much will change, I've known about two people who do this in the past and it's basically cutting the heads off the hydra. You kill one another pops up.

Piracy exists and no amount of ass kissing money, felony threats and copyright attacks is going to change that. People adapt.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hear interesting theories that they wanted Monster Hunter but the deal fell flat and Byletth got in instead with some of the moveset ideas.

Supposedly Irmhan Kahn was talking about this. It’s an interesting idea and if true I wonder what happened and how that fares for the second pass

Dutch Raikuna

Did more research on it and really seems to be more towards distribution. Most likely the show will go on. However there does seem to be a bigger fight coming up with the DMCA in 2021.

It's crap but what I've learned from this year is that you're either the government's lackey or a corporations no matter how much you run from it.

In less serious news.

The coronavirus has spread to Antarctica!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
KH Lore: “Amateurs.”
To know everything about KH lore you have to know not just the KH games itself, but all the Disney movies that have appeared in it, TWEWY lore and Final fantasy X/7 lore.

The most confusing part about KH lore to me imo is that it's heavily implied in KH2 that the Auron Sora meets in hell is the SAME Auron from FFX, despite the Tidus who's friends with Sora not being the same Tidus from FFX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom