• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I tell you. Looking back at the donkey transformation scene in Pinocchio (1940).

I'm surprised that it never scared me.
Scared the hell out me as a kid. I remember sprinting out of the classroom when I watched it for the first time screaming.

Wouldn't scare me now probably.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Scared the hell out me as a kid. I remember sprinting out of the classroom when I watched it for the first time screaming.

Wouldn't scare me now probably.
Disney back then was pretty dark.

Pinocchio and Hunchback I would go on to say was among their darkest films.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Disney scenes that scarred me as a kid?

The bear at the end of Fox and the Hound. Those beady eyes freaked me out.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In less serious news.

The coronavirus has spread to Antarctica!
If countries are so determined in stopping the virus why even continue transport and travel, to begin with?

Congrats all governments around the world. Now the virus has hit all 7 continents...:facepalm::glare:

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I decided to play Assassins Creed Syndicate for the evening.

Honestly I think it's one of the best in the series. Shame it feels like they reused the mao and modernised it for Watch Dogs.

Went for a walk to relax and stuff.

Got to buy an omelette sandwich, and It was good.
Omelette sandwiches are a thing? Like they cook the omelette and put inside two pieces of bread?

They sounds pretty nice.

D

Deleted member

So I decided to play Assassins Creed Syndicate for the evening.

Honestly I think it's one of the best in the series. Shame it feels like they reused the mao and modernised it for Watch Dogs.

Omelette sandwiches are a thing? Like they cook the omelette and put inside two pieces of bread?

They sounds pretty nice.
Yup.

And the place where I buy them makes some really good ones.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The more I see of Twitter ATM, the less desire I have to set up an art page there. Honestly thinking I'm gonna just use Deviantart and Instagram to get my digital art going again instead...
It really says something when you're willing to go to deviantart instead of somewhere else. And I totally agree with you.

D

Deleted member

I have a twitter account but I pretty much never use it because whenever I do pretty much anything either

A) literally nothing happens
or
B) I get flamed and shunned and all that

It’s kinda like my facebook account: I have it just to have it. Although I deleted that account so :drshrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Nowadays I just use Twitter to upload online my Switch screenshots and retweet some art I find linked on Discord.

Not even bothering to check the recent activity tab at all.

It’s kinda like my facebook account: I have it just to have it. Although I deleted that account so :drshrug:
I only use my Facebook account to log in to mobile phone games.

Literally have zero posts over there.

Last edited by a moderator:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I tell you. Looking back at the donkey transformation scene in Pinocchio (1940).

I'm surprised that it never scared me.
Pinocchio is one of my favourite Disney films of all time and if I had to be honest, there are many scenes that did not occur to me when I watched it as a child which includes Lampwick's transformation in to the donkey. When I rewatched the film when I am much more older, I realise that some of the scenes did not age very well at all.

Anyways speaking of scary moments within Disney films, I would say the Black Cauldron had a couple of scary scenes where the Horned King summoned undead soldiers and the cauldron which sealed the Horned King's fate was really horrifying to watch.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DC Infinite Frontier info...the most important info anyone could have been given
Harley Quinn is officially a member of the Bat-Family, solidifying herself as both a hero and someone Batman can trust with his life...and of course can continue her dominant popularity reign that has been going on since 2011-2016
also DC got a Final Fantasy artist to make a cover art for her relaunched comic series
HARLEYQUINN-Cv1-TEAM-VAR-Amano-copy-1.jpg

dezeray112

Smash Hero
DC Infinite Frontier info...the most important info anyone could have been given
Harley Quinn is officially a member of the Bat-Family, solidifying herself as both a hero and someone Batman can trust with his life...and of course can continue her dominant popularity reign that has been going on since 2011-2016
also DC got a Final Fantasy artist to make a cover art for her relaunched comic series
That is really nice artwork and I think this is done by a famous Final Fantasy artist named Y. Amano?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I dunno. Different communities have different guidelines, I guess. You just find the place you fit in both physically and morally, and you keep to it. Smashboards has always been my go-to forum. Even if I don't play Smash anymore, I still feel like I fit in here. And its comfortable.

Twitter just isn't my jam. I tried linking up to it, and just ignore the rubbish, but eventually it got down to, its unavoidable, and unignorable. If I'm frequenting a place that makes me uncomfortable and kicks up my anxiety, I'm obviously not gonna stick around.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pinocchio is one of my favourite Disney films of all time and if I had to be honest, there are many scenes that did not occur to me when I watched it as a child which includes Lampwick's transformation in to the donkey. When I rewatched the film when I am much more older, I realise that some of the scenes did not age very well at all.

Anyways speaking of scary moments within Disney films, I would say the Black Cauldron had a couple of scary scenes where the Horned King summoned undead soldiers and the cauldron which sealed the Horned King's fate was really horrifying to watch.

It's among my favs too. In my top 3 with Mulan and The Lion King. As a kid it was my favorite but Mulan is now my current favorite. Still need to pick up Pinocchio on disc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I dunno. Different communities have different guidelines, I guess. You just find the place you fit in both physically and morally, and you keep to it. Smashboards has always been my go-to forum. Even if I don't play Smash anymore, I still feel like I fit in here. And its comfortable.

Twitter just isn't my jam. I tried linking up to it, and just ignore the rubbish, but eventually it got down to, its unavoidable, and unignorable. If I'm frequenting a place that makes me uncomfortable and kicks up my anxiety, I'm obviously not gonna stick around.
I can say that I've been having really tough times throught the years finding an online community where I could fit.

First there was Miiverse, after that I went to Wiki forums, after the whole LMR fiasco I spent some months at Discord literally going nowhere, then I went to some Amino communities, that got followed to a return to Discord which didn't go as well, then I arrived to Smashboards and since then I've been doing a lot of progress to improve as a person after the dark Ages went away and looking at Discord communities where I feel I can truly stay and make myself proud of the person who I am today.

Has been a tough ride: some peaks, a lot of lows... But these past two years I feel I've finally become close to achieve being a mature, responsible and respectful person.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Smashboards for social, Discord for friends and Reddit for random stuff.

Hate Facebook and Twitter.
Yeah, I like using Reddit for browsing fan art. I'm pretty active on Discord servers too, although I'm not really a regular in any of them: I poke my head into a server I like every once and a while to chat if a topic catches my eye.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It's among my favs too. In my top 3 with Mulan and The Lion King. As a kid it was my favorite but Mulan is now my current favorite. Still need to pick up Pinocchio on disc.
Nice! In addition to those, my other Disney faves include Hercules, the Emperor's New Groove, Meet the Robinsons, Wreck-It Ralph and the Big Hero 6. If I include Pixar, I would add Toy Story 2 and the Incredibles to the list.

I'm incredibly excited for Lightyear within two years time.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nice! In addition to those, my other Disney faves include Hercules, the Emperor's New Groove, Meet the Robinsons, Wreck-It Ralph and the Big Hero 6. If I include Pixar, I would add Toy Story 2 and the Incredibles to the list.

I'm incredibly excited for Lightyear within two years time.
Psst.

hey buddy, i got a sneak peak of Lightyear to share with ya.

Buzz_Lightyear_of_star_command_poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom