• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Call it a gut feeling of mine but I'm feeling Aerith might not die in the Remake. Something tells me that Cloud foresees the future or something that predicts her death and he prevents it.

Then again it might because Aerth's death is rather important to the lore of Final Fantasy.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Call it a gut feeling of mine but I'm feeling Aerith might not die in the Remake. Something tells me that Cloud foresees the future or something that predicts her death and he prevents it.
My fan theory is that instead of preventing her death, Sephiroth is just going to not kill her. Like, HE knows what's going on. And he knows that Holy wouldn't have worked the first time without Aerith's soul in the life stream to guide it. So the simplest way to ensure his plan works this time is to just not kill her.

But then it won't matter in the end because of Tetsuya Nomura shenanigans and the third part will go on as the original did, only with Aerith alive.
I mean, she's mega popular in Japan, so uh...

Guess it balances out.
I mean... I don't know why the west doesn't like her though. Like... there's nothing about her that warrents strong love or strong hate IMO.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
In that exact mission in the game Barret asks cloud how old he is and he says he's 16. Where are you getting this from?
All you have to do is search on Google and you'll find multiple sources saying that he was 21 years old during the bombing run.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Stealing your Materia. Even though she can make up for it if you recruit her.
I actually really liked that sidequest; it forced you to take a different approach. Plus, Cloud and Cid had the fury status while Vincent didn’t the entire time, so it was fun to sort of just imagine them having an intensive vendetta while Vincent was just sort of “meh” to the whole thing.
That being said, I was already preferential to just bludgeoning everything I came across, so I guess different strokes for different people.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All you have to do is search on Google and you'll find multiple sources saying that he was 21 years old during the bombing run.
Off topic, but I can't see the number 21 the same way thanks to Maximilian/Kenny videos.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
In the original, so is CLOUD. That's not true in the remake anymore, aged him up to 20 something. I imagine Yuffie will probably be aged up a bit in Part 2 as well.
Cloud's age is the same in both the original and the remake...he was 16 during the events of crisis core which happened 5 years prior to VII's main story

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Cloud's age is the same in both the original and the remake...he was 16 during the events of crisis core which happened 5 years prior to VII's main story
Oh my god I just played this game and he said he was 16 during the initial mission when Barret asks him! Like, I'm not bull****ting here! I'm not talking about things I don't actually know about this time! What, was my copy wrong? Did I get a broken digital edition where Cloud gives his age wrong? What is happening here?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ever heard of a retcon? Just because they change it later doesn't mean he wasn't that way in the ORIGINAL GAME. Remember, the game I completed played two weeks ago!
And many of us played the original whether when it first came out or even recently with the Switch port. In either case it's stated in game that Cloud is 21 during the main events, I remember because one of the scenes it's mentioned in is from the infamous Honeybee sequence.

I think what's going on is you heard the age of the character from before the game's main events, not during it.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not taking this back. The same goes for people like Trump and his supporters.
Not everyone who voted for Trump were doing crazy stupid crap, nor were they all aware of Trump’s wrongful stuffs, so I hope this isn’t grouping them in with the crazy supporters doing evil crap.

I don’t like him either, I’m just saying, not everyone is looking up all this stuff unfortunately, a lot of people are more casual about it than others and while they may watch the media they don’t trust everything so they unfortunately don’t fully inform themselves and just choose based on some basic stuff...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And many of us played the original whether when it first came out or even recently with the Switch port. In either case it's stated in game that Cloud is 21 during the main events, I remember because one of the scenes it's mentioned in is from the infamous Honeybee sequence.

I think what's going on is you heard the age of the character during the events before the game's main events, not during it.
Look. I'm not an idiot here. I know what I read in the game. Barret: How old are ya? Cloud: Sixteen. That exchange happened in the first mission before there is any backstory to be given. In the bombing mission when you're running down that hallway. I remember because I thought it was cool how they took a kind of one off line in the original and made it into both a funny joke and an establishment of cloud's new age in the remake. They made it into that exchange where Barret mocks Cloud for giving him his rank when he asks him if he's "twenty something". I remembered that when I returned to that equivalent point in the original because I was making note of all of the differences between the two. And one of the things i remember is Cloud saying he was 16 and leaving it at that in the original. Which I thought was weird, especially with all of the adult things that happen later. "Probably why they aged him up in the remake" I thought to myself and continued on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom