• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How do you go from "Pedophiles bad" to a political discussion.

I hate Trump as well, but I think we made some leaps and bounds there.
I originally just logged in to apologize for being toxicly unfunny here earlier today and making half the thread wanting to Punch me in the guts.

Then I saw the talk about pedophiles being creepy about Yuffie and since pedophiles piss me off as much as my father I stepped in to share my stance on the subject.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think we should drop this before things get really derailed.

Apologize in my advance. Some of this stuff I had bottled up for a while now though it doesn't excuse anything and was getting worked up continuing to talk about this. Whatever comes to me I'll take it.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm gonna go on and delete my posts though it likely doesn't change anything and the damage is done.

I'll still take what comes to me though if the mods like.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh my god I just played this game and he said he was 16 during the initial mission when Barret asks him! Like, I'm not bull****ting here! I'm not talking about things I don't actually know about this time! What, was my copy wrong? Did I get a broken digital edition where Cloud gives his age wrong? What is happening here?
I dunno what version you played but I did play the Switch version recently, as well as the original PS one game obsessively when I was younger, the game's manual even listed him as being 21.

D

Deleted member

What’s up?
My father has been treating me like **** throught the day (as usual) and I've been feeling bad about the joke I did here earlier today.

It was a random clip from the Fairly Oddparents which I thought would remind people of Wandavision. But I forgot when I posted it that many people hate Butch Hartman and realized today that I had posted something people probably found toxic.

So between my dad going on me the whole day over stuff from months ago and the fact the thread is likely upset at me over making that Sort of joke I've been hating myself a lot today.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I originally just logged in to apologize for being toxicly unfunny here earlier today and making half the thread wanting to Punch me in the guts.

Then I saw the talk about pedophiles being creepy about Yuffie and since pedophiles piss me off as much as my father I stepped in to share my stance on the subject.
Dude nobody wants to hurt you, nobody here hates you and I don't get how you think this, you're pretty wellregarded, I think I speak for everyone when I say that you deserve better than these circumstanced that have given you a crippling fear of others

Noipoi

Howdy!
My father has been treating me like **** throught the day (as usual) and I've been feeling bad about the joke I did here earlier today.

It was a random clip from the Fairly Oddparents which I thought would remind people of Wandavision. But I forgot when I posted it that many people hate Butch Hartman and realized today that I had posted something people probably found toxic.

So between my dad going on me the whole day over stuff from months ago and the fact the thread is likely upset at me over making that Sort of joke I've been hating myself a lot today.
Your dad’s still a **** munch.

But you shouldn’t beat yourself up because a joke doesn’t land. That just happens sometimes.
Uhhhh

Eggdance?
EGGDANCE

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Did anyone specifically mention that the clip offended them? I don't believe they did.

You need to stop looking for animosity when it isn't there.

D

Deleted member

Dude nobody wants to hurt you, nobody here hates you and I don't get how you think this, you're pretty wellregarded, I think I speak for everyone when I say that you deserve better than these circumstanced that have given you a crippling fear of others
Yeah, I'm sure you are right and all.

But when I'm already at the 9000th time my father my father has took my phone and annoyingly hidden It somewhere I have It tough to find It just to be "funny", when he has already used lgtbphobic terms for the 90th time and when he keeps doing nothing but creeping me out with the strange and unwanted questions... I get at the limit of my patience.

I know for a fact that nobody here is to blame for anything my father does to me, but when I get mad over something which has been constant I have a tough time connecting the dots. My anxiety making me go full on conspiranoic doesn't help either.

Hopefully I do calm myself more as the night goes, but holy damn this hasn't been my day at all.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I own the Switch version. I also have no idea what's going on right now.
shrugs

I should add that he was also drinking alcohol at the beginning of the game, that was prepared by Tifa (who is slightly younger than Cloud and also working as a barmaid)

I know Japan is a bit more lax with these things than the states, but I doubt letting a minor drink alcohol in their game would've gone over well.

D

Deleted member

Did anyone specifically mention that the clip offended them? I don't believe they did.

You need to stop looking for animosity when it isn't there.
That too.

Nobody specifically said that they found a problem with It, but my mind made me connect non-existing dots as usual with all the anger.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I know Fairy Oddparents had a, huh, let's just say not graceful end, but I don't think anyone would have been angry or even though of Butch Hartman unless you bringed him up (which I think you didn't? Based off what you're saying here).

Peoples can separate the art from the artist, especially if the art was very good (atleast 1 point) and the artist don't have any strong link with the media they created these days.

Fact is, if no one is complaining, you shouldn't think much of it. I know it's easier said than done at time, but it's true, and no one hate you here, pal.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, I'm sure you are right and all.

But when I'm already at the 9000th time my father my father has took my phone and annoyingly hidden It somewhere I have It tough to find It just to be "funny", when he has already used lgtbphobic terms for the 90th time and when he keeps doing nothing but creeping me out with the strange and unwanted questions... I get at the limit of my patience.

I know for a fact that nobody here is to blame for anything my father does to me, but when I get mad over something which has been constant I have a tough time connecting the dots. My anxiety making me go full on conspiranoic doesn't help either.

Hopefully I do calm myself more as the night goes, but holy damn this hasn't been my day at all.
You know what it is? You've got a LOT of stress and this one small thing was the straw that broke the camel's back, I have a feeling you'll feel ashamed for getting upset over 'something small' when it's really 'something small on top of a ****ton of huge stuff'. Hope you can find a way to relax, sometimes I go to bed early when in an awful mood, maybe that can help?

D

Deleted member

You know what it is? You've got a LOT of stress and this one small thing was the straw that broke the camel's back, I have a feeling you'll feel ashamed for getting upset over 'something small' when it's really 'something small on top of a ****ton of huge stuff'. Hope you can find a way to relax, sometimes I go to bed early when in an awful mood, maybe that can help?
Yeah, I Guess I could try going to sleep earlier today.

Or maybe watch something on Disney+, but anything which stops me from thinking about my father.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Butch Hartman fell off so hard to the point that I don't think anyone would get offended if yoh brought him up.

A once revered man became the laughing stock of the animation community
It’s a shame, too.

I loved Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom growing up.

At least Danny Phantom ended before it got awful.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Look. I'm not an idiot here. I know what I read in the game. Barret: How old are ya? Cloud: Sixteen. That exchange happened in the first mission before there is any backstory to be given. In the bombing mission when you're running down that hallway. I remember because I thought it was cool how they took a kind of one off line in the original and made it into both a funny joke and an establishment of cloud's new age in the remake. They made it into that exchange where Barret mocks Cloud for giving him his rank when he asks him if he's "twenty something". I remembered that when I returned to that equivalent point in the original because I was making note of all of the differences between the two. And one of the things i remember is Cloud saying he was 16 and leaving it at that in the original. Which I thought was weird, especially with all of the adult things that happen later. "Probably why they aged him up in the remake" I thought to myself and continued on.
Looking at the og script, Barret doesn’t ask him his age at all and it’s MUKKI over at the Honeybee Inn who asks him to which Cloud confirms is 21.

... I don't like where this is going
It’s just a group of children’s books about this family of bears. Basically what the whole name thing is referring to people misremembering the name being spelled a different way, this is basically a case of the Mandela effect

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Don’t worry about it dude, it seems perfectly fine to me. A lot of people separate a creator from their work, too.

Everything you post seems pretty cool imo. I don’t recall anything you’ve posted on here being bad or anything. Maybe there’s some mistakes I haven’t seen, idk, but we’re all human, we all make mistakes, so that’s ok too. None of us are better than another, we just gotta grow and learn from things.

It sucks your father is still treating you like crap. He doesn’t sound very fatherly at all. I hope your situation gets better.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Look. I'm not an idiot here. I know what I read in the game. Barret: How old are ya? Cloud: Sixteen. That exchange happened in the first mission before there is any backstory to be given. In the bombing mission when you're running down that hallway. I remember because I thought it was cool how they took a kind of one off line in the original and made it into both a funny joke and an establishment of cloud's new age in the remake. They made it into that exchange where Barret mocks Cloud for giving him his rank when he asks him if he's "twenty something". I remembered that when I returned to that equivalent point in the original because I was making note of all of the differences between the two. And one of the things i remember is Cloud saying he was 16 and leaving it at that in the original. Which I thought was weird, especially with all of the adult things that happen later. "Probably why they aged him up in the remake" I thought to myself and continued on.
I'm currently watching the Bombing Mission sequence right now and I don't see any mention of Cloud's age anywhere. If you can point me to the moment it happens then I'll take another look, but going through the video I don't see him being noted to be 16.

D

Deleted member

It’s just a group of children’s books about this family of bears. Basically what the whole name thing is referring to people misremembering the name being spelled a different way, this is basically a case of the Mandela effect
I didn't mean to imply that I hadn't read these books(I have), thought it was related to the pedo talk

D

Deleted member

Before anger really got to me, I was about to watch Clone Wars.

For The longest time I've been scared of watching It through. Not because I find It bad, but because It feels like a really long series and I forgot almost everything I saw of It as a child so I can't just skip some episodes or jump to the final season.

Hopefully I finally get through It doh.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It’s a shame, too.

I loved Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom growing up.

At least Danny Phantom ended before it got awful.
FOP was canceled and renewed so many times in their lifetime by Nick...ended up having multiple satisfying finales (Channel Chasers, Wishology and Timmy's Secret Wish all would've been perfect endings to the show)
Tbh, Danny Phantom was not a show that could last forever. It should've gotten one final season imo.
at least they got to have a movie finale to make up for a cancelled season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom