• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Seeing two new legendary horses really makes it sting more that you can't ride Pokemon in Sw/Sh. Its a concept that GF has played with in every game since ORAS then, but for some reason didn't decide to include in the first game where they decided to play with an open world concept.

Making traversal fun is one of they best ways to make an open world engaging, and what's more fun then flying around on a literal pterasaur? :142:

I really hope that if the devs are given more time with Gen 9 that one of their priorities is including a lot of pokemon you can ride through the Wild Area Let's Go style.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How is riding a horse a Zelda reference?

Riding horses wasn't something invented by LoZ you know.
I know, I guess the black and white horses (they gave me a darkness and light feeling which made me think of Ganondorf's horse and Epona but I know they're not the same) + Calyrex's Triforce-filled neck just reminded me of Ocarina of Time.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So i guess a new patch for smash is coming out tomorow.

Wonder if it's mostly Steve balance changes.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Balance changes take a ton of playtesting, so we probably won't be seeing any of that.

The only "balance" change I could see happening is removing Steve's offstage Anvil + Fishing Rod cheese, a tactic I don't think makes Steve broken but was definitely an oversight in his design.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So apparently, AOC and Ilhan Omar, two popular politicians, are playing Among Us.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Balance changes take a ton of playtesting, so we probably won't be seeing any of that.

The only "balance" change I see happening is removing Steve's offstage Anvil + Fishing Rod cheese, a tactic I don't think makes Steve broken but was definitely an oversight in his design.
Well, as long as off-stage down smash and down tilt+TNT combo are intact. :4bayonetta:

(Man, he's ridiculous, I love this character)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

The only "balance" change I see happening is removing Steve's offstage Anvil + Fishing Rod cheese, a tactic I don't think makes Steve broken but was definitely an oversight in his design.
I doubt they're gutting that. If anything, it's gonna be the stage clip glitch where placing two blocks can cause larger/taller characters to clip through the stage.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I doubt they're gutting that. If anything, it's gonna be the stage clip glitch where placing two blocks can cause larger/taller characters to clip through the stage.
I certainly hope they don't remove the anvil trick since its so funny (and situational), but I could see them doing something about it because they've nerfed 0-to-death gimmicks in the past.

They're definitely removing the block glitch regardless though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I certainly hope they don't remove the anvil trick since its so funny (and situational), but I could see them doing something about it because they've nerfed 0-to-death gimmicks in the past.

They're definitely removing the block glitch regardless though.
The thing with the Anvil trick is that it's techically coded as a platform, so they can't really remove it unless they remove the platform properties.

I agree though, it is actually hilarious just plummeting to your death.

Shroob

Sup?
Go off stage, place a block, then place an anvil. Block breaks, then quickly grab your opponent while on the anvil. You both will plummet, but the anvil disappears, and Steve will be released higher than your opponent.

You get where I'm going with this?
Oh so it's Kirby/Ganoncide, but Steve.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Armadillo.png

I'm spending a little more time making the variations on the Armadillo characters because unlike other characters, one of the armadillo's is actually one of the main characters

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's cringier than Joe Biden's island.

But none of them can compete with Pokemon go to the polls.

That one was a cool crossover
bright side...Trump hasn't done any Nintendo things...so only half of an election is in the way

Shroob

Sup?
......man, as an old man, "Shoot my shot" means something completely different to me.

You kids and your lingo.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I can't tell if Megaman battle network 6 is really short or just really fast paced.

This one always felt like the shortest one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom