• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't know what to post so let's see if there's something kinda funny in my phone gallery:

guy-speak-beaver.jpg

This is the best I could come up with and idk how to feel.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
The sky is gray again today.
Is this some sort of code speak no one has agreed upon yet?

Are you part of the organization?

Does this mean we begin the revolution?

Tell me something clogs! what does this mean?

Or are you just saying it’s a dreary day

Ohhhhh man I can’t believe I blew my cover again dude
That’s the third time this week I thought someone was speaking code
Dammit rogue sometimes when someone asks “do you want your eggs scrambled?”they are just asking about food preferences

This is why the massacres of 002-5 are on me dammit

I mean hey guys jokes and stuff I’m not a spy that would be crazy right...ahem...uhhh

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Dammit rogue sometimes when someone asks “do you want your eggs scrambled?”they are just asking about food preferences

I mean hey guys jokes and stuff I’m not a spy that would be crazy right...ahem...uhhh
It means that I hate the weather right now, yes. :p

Quite unfortunate about the blown cover though. You should probably work on that. :p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

You moron! Stop blowing your cover or you’re gonna give away my position as your boss and the mastermin-

I mean, Smash Bros amirite?!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, been playing some Sword and Shield. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but man Hop just annoys me for some reason. Every other character is fine but Hop just spits more **** than he can take.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
It means that I hate the weather right now, yes. :p

Quite unfortunate about the blown cover though. You should probably work on that. :p
Nooo I didn’t blow my cover that’s stupid
Hat.

Uhhhh guys yknow how sephiroths is in the game that we all collectively love smash brothers. Uhhh I especially love how he’s Um quick wade how the hell do I appease these nerds so they suspect nothing

I mean Um uhh I sure love playing as Um Mario in smash guys
And tournaments and not showering see I’m a true smash bros fan not a secret agent

Sakuri is my idol I swear

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Nooo I didn’t blow my cover that’s stupid

Uhhhh guys yknow how sephiroths is in the game that we all collectively love smash brothers. Uhhh I especially love how he’s Um quick wade how the hell do appease these nerds so they suspect nothing

I mean Um uhh I sure love playing as Um Mario in smash guys
And tournaments and not showering see I’m a true smash bros fan not a secret agent

Sakuri is my idol I swear
You know who ELSE idolizes Sakurai?

MY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

Well, been playing some Sword and Shield. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but man Hop just annoys me for some reason. Every other character is fine but Hop just spits more **** than he can take.
Hop is like a tutorial character that tells you how to play but he never goes away

actually that kinda describes Sword and Shield as a whole: the entire game is one huge tutorial but when you finally get to the end you've already done everything

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I haven't played the game but from what I've seen that's kinda the point of his character?

He has a pretty straight-forward case of inferiority complex due to his brother's achievements which he compensates for by putting up a super-confident front. I think he gets better by the end of the game.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I haven't played the game but from what I've seen that's kinda the point of his character?

He has a pretty straight-forward case of inferiority complex due to his brother's achievements which he compensates for by putting up a super-confident front. I think he gets better by the end of the game.
Oh yeah I totally get that, but the way it's delivered feels less like inferiority complex and more like "I'm an overly peppy rival". I dunno though, my opinion may change by the end of the game.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

Yeah i think the thing about hop that throws people off is he’s a Pokémon character with nuance

Not really Pokémon’s usual

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
:ultcharizard:: “Am I a joke to you?”
Don't worry Charizard, things only got really furry from people complaining about Serperior and Samurott not being bipedal despite Snivy and Oshawott.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On this week's of my ideas of Cryptozoologicon!

Goblins and Gremlins: Troglodyte bat-like primates with pale luminescent skin and live usually in caves. Goblins and gremlins are eusocial beings and dwell on the surface at night. In the early days, certain evolutionary offshoots of hominids dwelled deeper into caves and adapted to the surroundings due to high evolutionary pressure. They adapted sonar, climbing extremities, pointed ears, and pale slime bodies. Eventually, they even formed a symbiosis with lumicient bacteria. They prey for fish, small animals, and prey falling into caves by accidents and at night will sneak out and stalk the woods sometimes breaking into human households to steal goods.

I'm also thinking of making ogres and trolls carnivorous great apes. It's the only logical explanation I can think of them if they were real animals.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only thing I didn't like about Hop in the main story of Sword & Shield is how he's basically the excuse of the plot to take you apart from the cool stuff such as the investigation that one girl is doing about the old knights or all the stuff involving Rose.

Each time any character dropped any information I found cool and interesting, just so then they say "oh, but you have to go Battle with Hop at this gym, sorry", I felt like a kid whose parents tease them saying "maybe if you behave I will buy you a toy" just so the day passes and they say "lol, I was joking".

But besides that, he's fine I guess.

D

Deleted member

Don't worry Charizard, things only got really furry from people complaining about Serperior and Samurott not being bipedal despite Snivy and Oshawott.
I honestly see more furry art made of pokemon like Buizel than Samurott.

I have seen some ah....questionable stuff with Latias/Latios too. Don’t ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So a trailer for a live action adaptation of Clifford the Big Red Dog released today and I have many questions:

1. Why does this exist besides money?
I suppose they saw movies like the Dora one being liked by people and got that as people eating anything up.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I honestly see more furry art made of pokemon like Buizel than Samurott.

I have seen some ah....questionable stuff with Latias/Latios too. Don’t ask.
I have too, they're some of my favorite legendaries, so to Google Images I went.

Rule one of Google Images: Never scroll down.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hop is a decent character but a horrible rival.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Hop has a good concept for a character arc, and some parts of it are done well, but for the most part he’s kinda just “wow, you know super effective attacks?” Even after you’ve fought him seven times.
Meanwhile on the 42nd fight with hop in the game

“Wow how did your inteleon beat my cinderace in one move you must know your type matchups huh. Anyway I gotta go switch up my team to all fire types to try to beat you and then sulk about my big bro”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom