• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly Open World opens up (no joke intended) several possibilities for Pokemon.
A really dope thing would be if you could use partner Pokémon and make them interact with the open world to unlock new stuff, all while keeping the thing about finding wild Pokémon in the map without It being random.

Would make the maps feel even more alive and bring a lot of interactivity.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
A really dope thing would be if you could use partner Pokémon and make them interact with the open world to unlock new stuff, all while keeping the thing about finding wild Pokémon in the map without It being random.

Would make the maps feel even more alive and bring a lot of interactivity.
That's too much work for gamefreak.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm probably one of the few who doesn't actually complain much about certain games now thinking about it. Whether it's open world or linear or what.

Maybe it's my media studies background but I tend to think along the lines of "Does the game meet the criteria the developers tried to achieve from an audience perspective?" instead of "That game's ****!" And then add swear words like mad. If it's not my type of game then I don't pay attention to it.

For example, Cyberpunk is a clear no.

"Wait, Irepan. Didn't you complain like mad about TLOU getting GOTY?" That was more of a really wanting about Animal Crossing to win it as it connected people during a pandemic.

Just thinking about it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Feel like some games work better with open world design and some work better with linear design.

Tho, that doesn't mean a linear game can't have a section that is more open to shake things up, pre-BOTW Zelda titles love doing this for exemple (heck Majora Mask is a linear game, but the sidequests are so good that unless you go for a speedrun, you can tackle alot of them in a no-linear fasion).

I say tho that, some games get so big & offer so many options, that it end up causing alot of them to be quite boring due to the fact the devs can't create a million unique sidequests without losing their sanity & getting ultra crunch. So really, if you want a open world game, you gotta take your time & plan ahead of time and be very passionate about it, otherwise, a more lineart & short (but replayable) game might be preferable for everyone. (Undertale & DMC are good exemples for that)

D

Deleted member

My biggest pipe dream wish for the Gen 4 remakes is that if they do make a Darkrai event they change his original Battle Theme to the Darkrai theme from the 10th Pokémon movie, because I really love that theme:
But that's probably unlikely, more so due to licensing stuff.

Dutch Raikuna

Ah yes Taiko!

aoxnsoasnaonx.jpg

Where the only game you can play as Kirby listening to a song from an anime about a horny Dragon Maid. Or a guy dying every few seconds. Or magical girls getting killed. Or anthropomorphic body cells.

The power of collaboration!

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to jump off for most of the night as I want to have some ice cream and shortbread. Then Persona.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ah yes Taiko!

View attachment 297772

Where the only game you can play as Kirby listening to a song from an anime about a horny Dragon Maid. Or a guy dying every few seconds. Or magical girls getting killed. Or anthropomorphic body cells.

The power of collaboration!
Kirby’s been through worse.

D

Deleted member

My biggest complaint with Hackers Memory is that there's so much butterfly symbolism, at many points in the game, the game uses the same butterfly story that the Persona series uses for it's series.
it's like the developers are begging to use the first opening of the anime in this game but they don't pull the trigger, the song never pops up
My current gripe with my playthough of Cyber Sleuth is how much backtracking and how little it guides you. Whenever I finish one thing, I may as well talk to literally every other npc in the area because god knows the game doesn't want to ****ing tell me where to go next.

I've already had to pull up a guide like 5 times now and I'm only on Chapter 4

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last time this year cleaning my house and just in time for tomorrow when dad and maybe my cousin comes over for a Guardians marathon.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My current gripe with my playthough of Cyber Sleuth is how much backtracking and how little it guides you. Whenever I finish one thing, I may as well talk to literally every other npc in the area because god knows the game doesn't want to ****ing tell me where to go next.

I've already had to pull up a guide like 5 times now and I'm only on Chapter 4
But there's supposed to be an exclamation point telling you where to go next.
Unless the PC version doesn't have that.

D

Deleted member

I'm probably one of the few who doesn't actually complain much about certain games now thinking about it. Whether it's open world or linear or what.

Maybe it's my media studies background but I tend to think along the lines of "Does the game meet the criteria the developers tried to achieve from an audience perspective?" instead of "That game's ****!" And then add swear words like mad. If it's not my type of game then I don't pay attention to it.

For example, Cyberpunk is a clear no.

"Wait, Irepan. Didn't you complain like mad about TLOU getting GOTY?" That was more of a really wanting about Animal Crossing to win it as it connected people during a pandemic.

Just thinking about it.
As long as a game is fun to play I'm content.

And this is coming from the guy that unironically likes the Emoji Movie :048:
okay not really but that's a good example of my philosophy: I don't give a **** unless it really really ****ing looks bad.

D

Deleted member

To go back to the racing game analogy, a random racing game you pick up off the store isn't gonna have a "platformer mode" because why would they make a racing game in the first place if they are gonna have an entire separate game attached to it?
Laughs in Crash Tag Team Racing
They basically went for a platformer/racing game hybrid there (not to be confused with racing games with platforming elements like Rayman M and Sonic R) and as you can imagine it didn't really work out... at all. Both the platforming portion and the actual racing was half-baked at best. If anything, it was more of a platforming game to begin with, with how much time you spent on the overworld, the racing really was shallow. As a result, that game felt like it had an identity crisis.

I do think the idea was pretty neat and has potential, interacting with the world to unlock shortcuts on various tracks and finding other secrets, for example, but really not implemented well at all. It really was a dark time for Crash.

D

Deleted member

But there's supposed to be an exclamation point telling you where to go next.
Unless the PC version doesn't have that.
There is most of the time... the issue is the game often "forgets" to tell you what to do next: or outright doesn't tell you vital information

Case in point: the first task you're given as a detective: to get some beans and talk around with the locals. I did just that but of course the game didn't tell me I also had to meet up with the girl person you go with originally in Kooltown(who I can't remember the name of) and so I spent like the next half hour wandering the entire place until finally I found her.

This isn't even an isolated thing: I found myself getting stuck multiple times thus far because the game just outright refuses to tell me important details.

Dutch Raikuna

Edit:

Posted something serious but I'll leave it til later. Need to keep to my own promises to not be on here more.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
There is most of the time... the issue is the game often "forgets" to tell you what to do next: or outright doesn't tell you vital information

Case in point: the first task you're given as a detective: to get some beans and talk around with the locals. I did just that but of course the game didn't tell me I also had to meet up with the girl person you go with originally in Kooltown(who I can't remember the name of) and so I spent like the next half hour wandering the entire place until finally I found her.

This isn't even an isolated thing: I found myself getting stuck multiple times thus far because the game just outright refuses to tell me important details.
Maybe it's due to the awkward translation work these modern Digimon games go through.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I drove back home to Memphis on monday, the long drive sucked, but I got greeted with hella food by my family so that's nice. I don't miss the allergies I got here though, I don't ****ing know why my sinuses are nonexistent in appalachia but whatever, man.

D

Deleted member

Just talking about New Year's resolutions if anyone does them. Might get buried

If there is one thing I'm really going to try doing next year, it's getting better at building relationships and trying to get others understand that it's not a one way street.

Pretty much feels like to everyone around me but I'm committed to going further in that with anyone, provided I'm not doing all of it.

However I've still screwed it with my brothers (seriously, you can't be normal if you haven't talked to someone properly in half a year if they live in your own house.) so I think I'll consider the nuclear option and see about family therapy.

I sometimes think as well that people just find me boring, like I'm too robotic in my actions that makes it hard for people to like me or I'm not much of a risk taker.

It's tough.
I'm still thinking about what my New Year Resolution will be.

I feel I was really close of achieving the one I had for this year (overcoming depression and anxiety at least in a strong way), but I feel that in the last months of the year I slipped.

Gotta think this new one really well.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm still thinking about what my New Year Resolution will be.

I feel I was really close of achieving the one I had for this year (overcoming depression and anxiety at least in a strong way), but I feel that in the last months of the year I slipped.

Gotta think this new one really well.
Oh you wrote my quote. Was gonna leave it for a later. You are trying though.

As for the one you mentioned about depression and anxiety I feel the same way. I really, really messed up in October and November of needing to go hospital every week when there is nothing. Feel like I am an embarrassment to myself.

The problem for me is honestly I can't do it alone but mostly everyone who I rely upon like that generally I messed up my connection with. I want to be more aggressive with my relationships but I know that's not the right way to go.

I think I just want the luxury of the things my brothers get to do with their friends that I never was really able to do, even just voice chat. Hence why I'm so clingy to people, even on here. Worst thing about life is that you can never really reset things to zero as honestly it'd make everything easier to understand. Sorry for throwing all this on again.

Right, I'll jump off now. A few hours of food and Persona.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom