• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Assuming we even still have an E3 thanks to this ****ing virus. Nintendo didn’t even have an equivalent presentation.
...you realize that the first vaccine has been approved for distribution in America, and first-responders and essential workers (read: doctors and nurses) are already being vaccinated, right? It may be a few more months, but the light at the end of the tunnel is finally here.

Also, it's time to let it go, Snake. Geno's out. Stop grasping at straws, accept the truth of the matter, and just enjoy the content that came with Sephiroth. And if truly, you're not enjoying or looking forward to Ultimate's future - then maybe it's time to put the game away until you can control yourself better, It's not healthy for you to constantly be negative because one tiny thing you didn't like happened. Stop blaming Byleth, stop blaming Steve - it's not the characters, it's your attitude.

Steve and Byleth certainly weren't even remotely close to the top of my list for fighters I wanted to see, and most of my most wanted are assist trophies. But I roll with the punches, and I look at each character based solely on what they bring to the table, as if they were in a vacuum. Let your stress about this **** go, because after all: It's. Just. A. Video. Game.

It's not real life, it's not life or death. It's a video game. Cool your jets.

As for the content that came with Sephiroth: I'm ecstatic.

A truly fun new character and video game legend joins the roster! A gorgeous stage with a story to tell!

And the music - four brand new remixes, a bunch of additions I wanted, including One-Winged Angel, Bombing Mission, JENOVA... and COSMO CANYON, arranged by Yoko Shimomura! Not in a million years did I expect my favorite song from FF7 to get in because of the very specific location it plays in... and yet, by some miracle, it did! And it's arranged by my favorite gaming composer, too.

Not to mention the Mii costumes, and a plethora of Spirits... Now Final Fantasy finally (heh) feels like it belongs and isn't just doing the bare minimum. It's wonderful. I beyond love this addition, and even if my boy Sora doesn't get in - I'm more than happy to accept Sephiroth into the roster. He's a blast, has one of the best Final Smashes, and I really appreciate the love given to FF7. I'm satisfied.

As for Geno... I never really cared for him as a Smash option. I wouldn't be upset if he got in, but I'm not particularly hurt by his inclusion as a Mii. Though I'm admittedly surprised he's not a fully modeled one, and more disappointingly, that he didn't get Beware the Forest's Mushrooms with him. But alas, it is what it is.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Watched the presentation and then took Sephiroth for a spin on the new stage.

-Firstly, the FF Mii Costumes are nice additions. I think after last night everyone was worried about whether we'd get them, and being able to have Tifa, Barret and Aerith as options is good. Chocobo returning is expected, so not much to say there. Geno, I'm really sorry for the fans.

-So happy with the music selection, I didn't expect much outside of One-Winged Angel and maybe JENOVA, but we got both of those, the original version of the former, three remixes in Cosmo Canyon, Aerith's Theme, and Bombing Mission, and a decent selection of other tracks. In particular I'm really happy to see JENOVA and Cosmo Canyon as those were two of my favorite themes from the game and I'm glad to see them both here (and one of them remixed at that).

-Northern Cave was handled so well, it tells the journey from going into the cave, traveling to the bottom through the cave, showing the area where you fight Jenova SYNTHESIS, the area where you fight Bizzaro Sephiroth, escaping the cave, and then the final event with Meteor. It's a great stage with a lot of love put into it, and I can't help but gush over the details.

-As for Sephiroth, I was limited in what I could do with him thanks to a certain drift, but I still found him fun to play. He's definitely light as I found myself dying more then I thought I would to attacks, but landing his attacks feel so satisfying. When you can set up for a Gigaflare, a Shadow Flare combo, or Octaslash you can get the power behind them. I'll try to play more with him once I get another controller, but I'm looking forward to using him more. In terms of other details, I love how they managed to sneak in an abridged version of Supernova as I thought it'd just do the Japanese version with a little mathematical flare, but it managed to include the Jupiter and Earth sequences as well. Similarly, I love his Victory Screens as they incorporated the fiery background from the Nibelheim incident to make it stand out.

-Finally, it's a nice touch to allow early buyers access to the character via a special boss battle. Again, it makes him feel unique and a special inclusion into the game.

All in all, I can't gush enough. We got more then I expected out of the Spirits, Mii Costumes, and music, the stage is a love letter to the original game, and Sephiroth is in general a fun character to play. He's a solid inclusion, and as someone who's only recently played FF7 last year, I can't help but be ecstatic with how this was handled.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My overall thoughts, since it's common at the moment;

• Costumes: Pretty much all Final Fantasy VII when it comes to FF stuff, bar Chocobo Hat, who is kind of awkward since it's not even from a regular FF game but a spin-off Chocobo game. Though frankly, it's barely bent that you might as well not count it. It's just another FFVII character anyway.
  • Songs: All FFVII, which I wish I didn't predict right. 11 is nice, though!
  • Geno costume: Sucks, mainly cause it's not premium, but also cause Geno was killed, with the sword, in the direct. (And not even that. Didn't get shown off otherwise)
  • Classic Mode: Not a fan of giving Boss Rush strictly to him, though. And it's not every single boss. It's pretty clear a unique mode is dead, though.
    • On the other hand, the way to unlock him early is legitimately cool.
  • The stage is beautiful, once again.
  • Spirits: Beautiful. Once again, FFVII, not FF, but unsurprised. Frankly, we pretty much got it clear from base game that Cloud is not representing FF as a whole, just h is game. The trend is still blatantly there. As a huge Squall and Black Mage(not Vivi) fan, it's a bit disappointing.
Overall a great presentation.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, a few characters I would have liked to see in the game are also very unlikely to be made playable. But it is what it is. Sephiroth wasn't my first choice, but he seems pretty cool, so he's alright in my book. Though I do think he'll be annoying to fight against with a lot of the cast, that's generally my only real issue.

Besides 2 out of 3 characters are pretty cool to me, even if they weren't my exact choices. Though it wasn't hard to choose an ARMS character that I liked, since in general, the cast as a whole is pretty cool. And 3 whole other people after, we could see some real cool choices.

Now whether or not Sakurai finally gets to take a break, no idea. I imagine this season is the last for Ultimate. But I figured the same of Season. A Season 3 given the overall success of the game wouldn't be too farfetched. Though that's clearly getting ahead of myself.

2020 won't go on a whimper it seem.

Every weeks, something big happen, good and/or bad.
Mostly bad. This year has been rough on a lot of people to say the least.

At the very least, I got some client work here and there. And I got to work on my drawing a fair bit. But there's plenty of obstacles too. Now if only I could get some sales on my Tee Public.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So allow me to summarize that last night that people are alright and enjoying playing as Sephiroth. He's pretty fun but not in my top 3 of fun DLC characters. Also the Final Smash is amazing. Brings me back of when I beat him.

The best thing about this round of DLC? That godly Aerith's Theme Remix by Keiichi Okabe. That is proof alone of why he needs to compose for FF16 or even 17. He's a legend of a composer.

As for Geno, I didn't care for him. He would look appealing to casual fans or but I didn't get the character. Still think Sakurai could have given him 2 music tracks with him as a compromise at least.

...you realize that the first vaccine has been approved for distribution in America, and first-responders and essential workers (read: doctors and nurses) are already being vaccinated, right? It may be a few more months, but the light at the end of the tunnel is finally here.
......And it's already being distributed among the elderly and health care workers already in the UK, yet still gonna get a six week lockdown. 2021 is gonna be optimistic, except for the start.

Me: There's no way the CDPR situation can get worse

2020: It CAN get worse!

Allow me to contribute an offering to CDPR for giving me a disappointment.

Giving the game a last chance to entertain me for more than 10 minutes. If not, then gonna get Control, Formula 1 and Resident Evil 2. 3 games for that same price and a better time.

D

Deleted member

We only have a few more days until Christmas so I might as well join the Padoru craze for a bit lol.
I promised a Discord server I would keep my current pfp at least until the weekend finishes.

Hopefully after that I can come back to Daphne Padoru.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm going to summurise my thoughts on Sephiroth's presentation last night:

• I'm very surprised that they started off by showing the Mii costumes first which I had speculated that Tifa, Barret and Aerith are going to be Mii costumes and I do feel sorry for the Geno fans.
  • Gameplay wise, Sephiroth does look actually quite interesting as well as its range of attacks.
  • Glad to see that Final Fantasy VII is getting more tracks this time around.
  • Also that victory screen for Sephiroth really does bring back the memories of when he disappeared in to the flames just like Final Fantasy VII.
Other than that, I'm anticipating the next reveal hopefully around in three months time as my guess.

D

Deleted member

So I got Sephiroth up to 7.2 million GSP, after losing a lot...

I want to get to 8.4 million GSP. It rises every 200,000 points, but the rising points are only going to decrease. Is it possible that I can do it? Tips?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Right, time to do physical stuff instead of sitting on my laptop all day!

Edit: Refunded Cyberpunk as well. Gonna get me some interesting games!

I'm planning to get the physical bundle with Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII for Christmas.
Ah, good man. Take it you prefer getting physical JD?

Also FFVII is pretty amazing still, regardless of what people say. Graphics don't make the game but the battle system, story, music and more or less everything else does. Though to me, FFIX is the best game in the series.

I would very much prefer to stay with my dutch angel dragon pic, thank you very much
Nah your cool. I like your pfps anyways.

Plus I'm gonna switch back later, then back to it on Monday or so.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
well gee, I wonder why Sephs VA sounds so familiar...
View attachment 296185
View attachment 296186
View attachment 296189
View attachment 296191

DIO confirmed :jojo:
My name is Sephiroth. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Midgar, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an employee for Kame yu department store, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah, I think only Mario has more tracks than SNK. But maybe Zelda has a bit more if I'm remembering incorrectly.
Mario and Fire Emblem are the only series with more tracks then SNK.
Mario (split across Mario and Mario Kart in the sound test) has 106
Fire Emblem has 52
Zelda only has 45.
look y’all...Zelda is trying their best to not look inferior to the musical content Mario and Fire Emblem...and of course SNK...all have compared to them and the not much new content they got overall
This ****ing game and FE man, lol.
all about the waifus and husbandos
We only have a few more days until Christmas so I might as well join the Padoru craze for a bit lol.
You’re all gonna fall down and die only to reincarnate into Pandoru...you all will literally be pulling a walker on the rest of us

but I’ll still stand...never falling into the afterlife known as Padoru

someone could easily be caught offguard by the die part before finishing

TO WAR
I just noticed that FF7 is currently on sale on the Swich eshop.

...If you haven't played it get it, it's cheap and totally worth it.
I’ve tried to play it myself...then I got lost...and the pause menu wouldn’t stop flashing, and as someone who has had 52 seizures...would not be able to get through that game at all

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would just like to point out that I have a friend IRL that I was talking with and I mentioned Geno being deconfirmed and she just got confused. Especially since the costume was already made in Smash4 so literally all they had to do was port it over. Makes for a decent red herring.

I’m still gonna keep hoping for it and bringing it up here regardless.

D

Deleted member

I would just like to point out that I have a friend IRL that I was talking with and I mentioned Geno being deconfirmed and she just got confused. Especially since the costume was already made in Smash4 so literally all they had to do was port it over. Makes for a decent red herring.

I’m still gonna keep hoping for it and bringing it up here regardless.
What do you mean by "confused" exactly? Like, did you friend not know who Geno is, or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom