• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. So does Sephiroth's spirit board not unlock until the 22nd and the "official release"? Cause I just beat him and unlocked him, his stage, and his music. But his spirit board just isn't there.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That was honestly my favorite part of today.

Sad that Geno had to take the bullet, but that leak was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake and I couldn't stand how easily people would just throw themselves in to defend it.
It was the idea that they had to plan 20+ Mii Costumes ahead of time, programmed them all in one sitting, and then pretend like a pandemic didn't affect the way they were gonna come out with no leaks nor datamines that made me think, "Yeah, this is bull****"

Shroob

Sup?
It was the idea that they had to plan 20+ Mii Costumes ahead of time, programmed them all in one sitting, and then pretend like a pandemic didn't affect the way they were gonna come out with no leaks nor datamines that made me think, "Yeah, this is bull****"
And the fact that Nintendo just flat out ignored it and never copyright stuck it

And the fact that Ken was present made it seem like it was signaling hard that "OH, LOOK GUYS, IT'S ME, KEN LEAKER!"

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Man, Sephiroth and the rest of the spirit board it seems all got the fancy original ff7 art, while Cloud's spirit is still stuck with solely his Smash art. Kinda irks me

Oh yeah, tried out Sephiroth. Not sure if he's quite my type of character, but he's still pretty fun

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got off of work and finished watching both the Direct and then again with Maximilian Dood commentary. He predicted everything. LMAO

Can kind of tell they were working hard within SE's restrictions, but it's definitely cool Sakurai was finally able to get some proper FF content. The music remixes were probably the most unexpected part IMO in that regard.

Went straight into Very Hard to try and beat him. Was able to do it with Mewtwo edge-guarding after about two dozen tries. Not really liking the feel of Sephiroth personally, but I very much look forward to watching him in the hands of pros; he's looking to be the next really entertaining newcomer after Terry IMO.

The stage is gorgeous and would be great for competitive play, too bad SE is SE. I saw ESAM (and others) post on Twitter mentioning their Sephiroth reaction video get copyright claimed by them because of One Winged Angel.

I'm not a Geno fan in the slightest, the opposite really, but is always a somber moment when a character is no longer considered in the running (technically costumes don't de-confirm). Props to those who were diehard on this site's thread for taking things in stride unlike the many trolls elsewhere.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Getting the hang of Sephiroth. You gotta be a bit more deliberate with his attacks and not just throw them out, especially since he's got a bit too much end lag. His dsmash is great overall, one of his best attacks. Breaks shields and catches recoveries. His Octaslash makes for a pretty good mixup, especially when recovering since his blade dash autograbs the ledge but octaslash just ignores the ledge and can punish anyone standing there. But not good to just throw it out cuz its endlag takes about as long as supernova.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I actually thought we were getting more Dragon Quest music with Sephiroth, and now I feel like a clown
I sometimes wish for more music from other franchises as well. Persona 5 R and S music would be sexy as hell to have

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So anyone a fan of one piece? I'm curious how many arcs have happened since I last read it. The last thing that happened while I was reading it they were in some kind of snow place and someone was making devil fruit or something?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So anyone a fan of one piece? I'm curious how many arcs have happened since I last read it. The last thing that happened while I was reading it they were in some kind of snow place and someone was making devil fruit or something?
I think your talking about Punk hazzard.

There's been Dressrosa, Cake island and Wano. I think, i haven't payed much attention to post timeskip One Piece.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I am a huge One Piece fan.

You are several years behind.

We are up to the fifth arc after the one you last got up to. One Piece has fewer arcs now but gets longer ones. The one immediately after you were up to was the longest one but that's easily going to be succeeded by the current arc. There's only been a couple of short arcs amongst them.

There's been Dressrosa, Cake island and Wano. I think, i haven't payed much attention to post timeskip One Piece.
Dressrosa, Zou, Whole Cake Island, Levely and now Wano.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I am a huge One Piece fan.

You are several years behind.

We are up to the fifth arc after the one you last got up to. One Piece has fewer arcs now but gets longer ones. The one immediately after you were up to was the longest one but that's easily going to be succeeded by the current arc. There's only been a couple of short arcs amongst them.

Dressrosa, Zou, Whole Cake Island, Levely and now Wano.
To be honest most of this kinda blends in together. I thinks it's because i just dip in and out lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I think that gives me a general area of where I should start up again

Youtube has been recommending videos on the anime. I'm vaguely familiar with cake island from clips but I should probably actually read about it.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Who has it worse in the video games?
  • Peach: She's always being kidnapped by Bowser too many times
  • Link/Zelda: They have to fight Ganon a lot
  • Samus: She crosses paths with her arch enemy, Ridley
  • Cloud: He can't catch a break due to being stalked by Sephiroth literally everywhere from Final Fantasy to Kingdom Hearts and now Smash

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who has it worse in the video games?
  • Peach: She's always being kidnapped by Bowser too many times
  • Link/Zelda: They have to fight Ganon a lot
  • Samus: She crosses paths with her arch enemy, Ridley
  • Cloud: He can't catch a break due to being stalked by Sephiroth literally everywhere from Final Fantasy to Kingdom Hearts and now Smash
Probably Samus. Ridley ate her parents

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder if that Nintendo World direct will shed light on the Donkey Kong stuff coming to the Florida Super Nintendo world.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's a real downer to me that FF7 is the most popular FF since I didn't get a playstation until FF9 was out. And I only played FF8 because it was on clearance at the store. Other than that it was only the NES and SNES games

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Speaking of music, we're over 1000 songs in Ult. With FF7 getting 9 more, we hit 1002.

SNK really carried the team
dlc wise they got the most songs, while they’re among the top with the likes of Mario and Fire Emblem...kinda beat out Zelda

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Since people have been posting their times everywhere, redid the Sephiroth challenge.

Just cleared Very Hard with 16 seconds.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I heard a Phineas and Ferb song on the radio at work today. It's so weird getting into a dumb cartoon and then suddenly seeing it everywhere you go.

Oh yeah and Sephiroth is cool. I beat him on Very Hard with solo Squirtle. Who would win, a magical katana-wielding super soldier with the ability to destroy planets or one little Squirty boi?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know what? Im gonna say it:

Cyberpunk's launch is actually and unbelievably worser than the launches both F:76 and Anthem had, and that is saying a lot 0_0
I don't know too much about it, but is it really worse than Fallout 76? Cause that seemed like a total dumpster fire. Cyberpunk seems buggy as hell, despite all the crunch the devs had to unfortunately deal with.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My take from the presentation?

🦀🦀🦀"Square stingy" meme is dead🦀🦀🦀
Honestly, I'm more glad the "2 SONGS" Memes are gone.

Not really because I disliked all Memes with it, but more so because FF always deserved more than just two, especially when other third party rep had so much more.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I will admit that the chances of Geno still getting in are very slim. Only in the sense that technically anything is possible in an infinite universe. I’m at least glad Sephiroth is so cool. He really feels like you’re controlling a final boss, more so then most villains in Smash.

I don’t want to get down on one knee and beg, but... I don’t know. I kind of feel like I have to. Because, like... I don’t know.

You know, it would have been nice if, at the end of Geno’s Televised Execution, I mean, the Sephiroth presentation, they had given us just like... a super vague window of when to expect the next character. Just something like “see you in the spring!” Or something as his sign off. Because man, the next few months are just not going to be any fun. Not just because of Geno, for those of you who think that my life is dictated by video games. More so because of the terrible January weather, school starting again, and the lack of pretty much any new entertainment coming out. Because January sucks.

Shroob

Sup?
I will admit that the chances of Geno still getting in are very slim. Only in the sense that technically anything is possible in an infinite universe. I’m at least glad Sephiroth is so cool. He really feels like you’re controlling a final boss, more so then most villains in Smash.

I don’t want to get down on one knee and beg, but... I don’t know. I kind of feel like I have to. Because, like... I don’t know.

You know, it would have been nice if, at the end of Geno’s Televised Execution, I mean, the Sephiroth presentation, they had given us just like... a super vague window of when to expect the next character. Just something like “see you in the spring!” Or something as his sign off. Because man, the next few months are just not going to be any fun. Not just because of Geno, for those of you who think that my life is dictated by video games. More so because of the terrible January weather, school starting again, and the lack of pretty much any new entertainment coming out. Because January sucks.
March, it'll be March.

New Amiibo wave in March, thus character, and then again in June. CP11 we have no idea.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Vivi can cast Meteo all the time, and it takes Sepiroth like the whole game to cast it, is Vivi stronger than Sepiroth?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
March, it'll be March.

New Amiibo wave in March, thus character, and then again in June. CP11 we have no idea.
Wish we could have heard that straight from the horses mouth at least. And that’s going to be a looooong January/February period. God forbid it’s super late into March. Man, smash reveals and releases content slower then any other fighting game.

I guess now that the Geno dream is dead I can have no qualms about predicting someone like Eggman or Quote.... Man, Mii Fighter Costumes suck. I hate them now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, I think only Mario has more tracks than SNK. But maybe Zelda has a bit more if I'm remembering incorrectly.
Mario and Fire Emblem are the only series with more tracks then SNK.
Mario (split across Mario and Mario Kart in the sound test) has 106
Fire Emblem has 52
Zelda only has 45.

Shroob

Sup?
Wish we could have heard that straight from the horses mouth at least. And that’s going to be a looooong January/February period. God forbid it’s super late into March. Man, smash reveals and releases content slower then any other fighting game.

I guess now that the Geno dream is dead I can have no qualms about predicting someone like Eggman or Quote.... Man, Mii Fighter Costumes suck. I hate them now.
It'd have been nice, but we'll get it in March.

90~ days after Sephiroth, which is more or less the average between characters, and we'll probably get news on the next wave of Amiibos. Then, E3 comes and we'll see CP10.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It'd have been nice, but we'll get it in March.

90~ days after Sephiroth, which is more or less the average between characters, and we'll probably get news on the next wave of Amiibos. Then, E3 comes and we'll see CP10.
Assuming we even still have an E3 thanks to this ****ing virus. Nintendo didn’t even have an equivalent presentation.

Shroob

Sup?
Assuming we even still have an E3 thanks to this ****ing virus. Nintendo didn’t even have an equivalent presentation.
Min Min still came out in June, so even if there's no E3, I think a June drop is pretty safe, especially if we get one in March. A character every 3 months seems to be the norm, and the only reason Sephiroth seems different is because Steve was(Probably) meant to be released in September, but held back to coincide with Minecon.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but held back to coincide with Minecon
Could they have perhaps planned to announce/release Steve during the Minecraft Festival, which would have happened in September 2020?

Shroob

Sup?
Could they have perhaps planned to announce/release Steve during the Minecraft Festival, which would have happened in September 2020?
Well, they definitely shuffled the tournaments/spirit events around to better fit Steve's busy schedule, so he was definitely held back for something if nothing else. I highly doubt he was delayed like, 1~2 weeks for any other purpose than promotion.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thinking of playing later WOL again on Hard Mode this time.
Feel it be appropriate with Mr. White Hair, Black Heart now in the roster.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Mario and Fire Emblem are the only series with more tracks then SNK.
Mario (split across Mario and Mario Kart in the sound test) has 106
Fire Emblem has 52
Zelda only has 45.
This ****ing game and FE man, lol.

Worth keeping in mind is the rough schedule for the characters was devised before covid was the thing it became.

Released idk, but announced probably not. He was probably planned to be announced at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom