• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Like who?

And if you say Geno i will ratio
How about Geno among like a dozen others?
Let me play as The Elite Trio from Mario & Luigi or some of the partners from the first two Paper Marios then maybe I'd consider using them. As it stands I'd rather have characters like Daisy, Pauline, Diddy, Dixie, K. Rool, Ashley, Captain Syrup, Vivian, Fawful, Geno, and Mallow over any generic enemy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Let me play as The Elite Trio from Mario & Luigi or some of the partners from the first two Paper Marios then maybe I'd consider using them. As it stands I'd rather have characters like Daisy, Pauline, Diddy, Dixie, K. Rool, Ashley, Captain Syrup, Vivian, Fawful, Geno, and Mallow over any generic enemy.
Me looking for the rule that says we can't have both

Except Geno, Mallow, and anyone else from the RPGs. They're dead lol

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The thing with Mario mooks is that their designs are classic and cute, and can fit into any enviroment they can, whether it be racing, tennis, soccer, golf, heck even fighting (Piranha Plant), and they have an charming appeal to them that draws in people of all ages. Like tbh, someone like Goomba or Piranha Plant is gonna draw in more people than a character from a Spin-Off, that's why the devs prioritize them first.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The thing with Mario mooks is that their designs are classic and cute, and can fit into any enviroment they can, whether it be racing, tennis, soccer, golf, heck even fighting (Piranha Plant), and they have an charming appeal to them that draws in people of all ages. Like tbh, someone like Goomba or Piranha Plant is gonna draw in more people than a character from a Spin-Off, that's why the devs prioritize them first.
I still have more attachment to the actual characters from the spinoffs and want to see them used more. Which is why it's so disappointing to see boring ass Koopa Troopa used for the millionth time.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I still have more attachment to the actual characters from the spinoffs and want to see them used more. Which is why it's so disappointing to see boring ass Koopa Troopa used for the millionth time.
Enough with the Koopa disrespect.

Also, as a dude who grew up on the Mario RPGs, trust me I'd love to see them too. But generic mooks are more important to the franchise and a game without them would be a disservice to Mario. When base Mario Kart 8 came out, people where pissed that Dry Bones was gone, so much that they brought him back for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Mooks sell.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Enough with the Koopa disrespect.

Also, as a dude who grew up on the Mario RPGs, trust me I'd love to see them too. But generic mooks are more important to the franchise and a game without them would be a disservice to Mario. When base Mario Kart 8 came out, people where pissed that Dry Bones was gone, so much that they brought him back for Mario Kart 8. Mooks sell.
I don't care who's important and I honestly don't care about what other people want. I know what I want, and I'm gonna want what I want and be disappointed if I don't get it. Nintendo is really good at that too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Simple; Try not to want too much of something, even if it is not even being done the way you like it, or you won't get anywhere, and you won't find your way out. So don't be disappointed and try to be more open.
I'm not just gonna be a passive lump who goes through life just liking everything. I have to have things I like or things I don't like.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
... i'm confused.
Sigh You said this:

I don't care who's important and I honestly don't care about what other people want. I know what I want, and I'm gonna want what I want and be disappointed if I don't get it. Nintendo is really good at that too.
I am saying while you do not have to care, you should be more open, and in this case, not let your own wants get you down if you don't get them, It is not necessarily mentally healthy to get yourself disappointed, especially over something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom