• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have taken it upon myself to be the obnoxious optimist to your obnoxious pessimist.

These are our roles in the circle of life. Adapt or perish.
I mean, I'm slightly more optimistic because Next Level Games is developing it and not Nintendo or Camelot. But still, Nintendo corporate seems to have embargoed basically every interesting Mario character unless your name is Sakurai until Miyamoto has one of his whims.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.

More stuff on Sonic Frontiers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The thing is though, she doesn’t really have a destiny. Yes:
the bangles tie back to her ancient family. But it’s not her job to free the Jin. None of her current family had any ideas on any of this and it didn’t really affect their lives outside of generational trauma that didn’t correlate to Kamala because before those bracelets she had no insight and thus no impact from these events.

I get the idea they are trying to tell with the story, but it’s just not the best connective tissues imo. I do think the concept of trying to be what her friends want or think to work when we do get to see those scenes, and I think if they incorporated her more people in her life/region think about her as a hero, it could really stand out from normal tropes. Giving us a great depiction of her heritage and region, while also showing how your the only person who can become a hero, you can’t please Everyone. The best way to do good is by being yourself, not trying to stay in different lines while trying to save everyone.
That would work easily if she didn’t have to be Kamala. She always takes a long while to realize that she shouldn’t be defined by others to be a true hero, despite being told “Good isn’t a thing you are, it’s a thing you do” by Abu (well…not the MCU one that is…). It legit took Carol killing Iron Man (plus the rest of Civil War 2) for her to realize she has to be her own hero…guess that’s one way to become your own hero and then lead a team of other teens.

I’m sure MCU Kamala will have this entire family stuff make her realize that she can respect her family and heritage, but no longer allow their fears and worries defy who she is, since that’s gonna be easier to work with than having someone be murdered by her idol.

but I will admit to being somewhat surprised by how much Bruno isn’t causing much issue for her, especially with the romance that’s doomed to fail thing that’s occurring earlier than expected.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Let's get Lakitu in this *****.

Chargin' Chuck. Chain Chomp. Bullet Bill Launcher (Not the bullet, just the launcher)

Bring in Thwomp.

Bring in Thwimp.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just have an affinity for mooks.

If Sonic games let you play as Motobug I'd be all over that ****.
Let me play as The Elite Trio from Mario & Luigi or some of the partners from the first two Paper Marios then maybe I'd consider using them. As it stands I'd rather have characters like Daisy, Pauline, Diddy, Dixie, K. Rool, Ashley, Captain Syrup, Vivian, Fawful, Geno, and Mallow over any generic enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom