• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The question wasn't directed at me but Attack of the Clones is unironically peak when it doesn't focus on Anakin and Padme's romance
you ever think about how Palp’s whole plan relied on Anakin being really gullible and dumb

my man had like, zero contingencies, he burned Maul and had Dooku killed, if he didn’t convince Anakin to do mass murder then rip lol

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Seriously though, the thing about Sheev is that even if Anakin wasn't a complete idiot (in the movies anyway), the Jedi order's image was already damaged beyond repair and he had gained so much political power that he was basically unstoppable at that point. Getting Anakin to be his apprentice was just the cherry on top, as he could have ordered the Clone Troopers to slaughter the Jedi without Anakin's help. As we've seen before, those lightsabers can only deflect so much blaster fire at once

MooMew64

Seriously though, the thing about Sheev is that even if Anakin wasn't a complete idiot (in the movies anyway), the Jedi order's image was already damaged beyond repair and he had gained so much political power that he was basically unstoppable at that point. Getting Anakin to be his apprentice was just the cherry on top, as he could have ordered the Clone Troopers to slaughter the Jedi without Anakin's help. As we've seen before, those lightsabers can only deflect so much blaster fire at once
What if Anakin helped Windu kill him, though?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So finally had gotten to seeing Top Gun: Maverick yesterday.

This is definitely how you do a "belated" sequel right. As with Blade Runner and Bad Boys. Truly one of the better ones.

I appreciate the fact too they didn't turn Maverick into a loser as many of these "belated" sequels had been doing with its characters notably Dewey in Scream 5 or Bill and Ted in their third movie. The movie still treats him with the respect he deserves.

Tony Scott would be proud.

Without a doubt in my top 3 this year so far. Only beaten by Sonic 2 and The Batman.
I was dragged to watch the movie even though i had never watched the original Top gun.

Maverick was fun,i could tell they wanted to please fans, which is a rarity nowadays.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Spy x Family spoilers

I was wondering if they were gonna end this season right in the middle of getting Bond since that story was kinda long in the manga. But it seems like they're gonna make the special chapter the final one instead and move Bond's story to fall :yoshi:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Prequel talk?

First two ain't good, but Revenge of the Sith has become one of my favorite Star Wars films period. It's pretty much a toss-up between it and A New Hope.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Prequel era has Clone Wars and Rebels apart of it technically…and Jar Jar…therefore it wins at life

Normal era has Mandalorian out of it therefore it also wins at life

What will the Sequel era gain out of their movies to win at life?

MooMew64

I think my own personal thoughts on what I have heard/seen of the prequels are that they are mad rough but very fun regardless if you like Star Wars.

Prequel Memes are also like, a huge part of my sense of humor, I will always thank the movies for those, lol.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
No one asked but

The Last Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
New Hope
Return Of The Jedi
Revenge Of The Sith
The Force Awakens
The Phantom Menace
Attack Of The Clones
Rise Of Skywalker

AOTC and TPM can be switched.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
lol A persona 5 royal listing for all consoles including switch showed up today.
Good bit of trolling.

The Last Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
New Hope
Return Of The Jedi
Revenge Of The Sith
The Force Awakens
The Phantom Menace
Attack Of The Clones
Rise Of Skywalker

AOTC and TPM can be switched.
Whoa buddy, that's a nuclear take for the top spot.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I’m actually curious to hear why you think that: I’ve yet to watch ‘em myself, but my family has and they don’t like ‘em at all lol.
1 was bad but it had fun scenes like Pod Racing and all of Darth Maul. However, it had a lot downsides including Jar Jar. It was to set everything up but they could've done better.

2 was just boring, but it had shooty pew pew scenes. And it had sone god awful scenes that were really funny.

3 took a complete 180 and gave it a much darker tone than the first two, which was needed. Pretty much did a very good job showing Anakins fall, the rise of the Empire, Palpatine was amazing, Obi Wan was amazing, Obi Wan vs Anakin is a God tier fight in all of cinema, and just set up for everything in the future. Shame we never got to see Darth Plagueis the wise tho.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You joke, but yes actually 😔
My OG Switch was roughly five years old as well before I upgraded to the OLED a few months ago. Curious how much more I could've gotten out of it before it ran into a problem like that.

Has your Switch been operating unusually before that happened?

Noipoi

Howdy!
My OG Switch was roughly five years old as well before I upgraded to the OLED a few months ago. Curious how much more I could've gotten out of it before it ran into a problem like that.

Has your Switch been operating unusually before that happened?
Nope. Completely normal.

I was in the middle of playing last night, and boom. Glitch screen outta nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom