• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
please become a real thing
I'm fine with the first two.

Actually no. I do not know about that transformer for inspiration to create my username.
Oh, just asking cuz Dukefire is his name lol

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I've reached a point where I want to just sit almost every current YouTuber down and give them a very, very, VERY long talk about their thumbnails and ask them to please stop.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And apparently a non-black writer is behind this. Good god dude.
even Brian Michael Bendis never crossed the lines like that for Miles, and he’s his creator
The Korra movie gonna be The Rise of Skywalker for Avatar fans
as long as it’s written like Books 1, 3, and 4 (as well as the comics), her movie will be perfectly fine and amazing
plus this means Zhu Li might be major of Republic City…in animation form
I'm fine with the first two.
inb4 all 3 movies are actually about the mostly amazing
2DA0B5A0-B257-4D36-9A54-E21B4284B69D.gif

…just realizing the Korrasami kiss in animation is legit going to break people (moreso than it did in the comics)

MooMew64

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! what are your thoughts on the current Sonic voice cast?

Honest to goodness just curious 'cause I know a decent portion of the current fanbase doesn't like them and never makes voice pack mods for them. Heck, half of why I learned how to do it in SA2 (and probably other games soon here TBH) is because I wanted to finally make a modern cast voice pack for games that don't have 'em. Still blows my mind that after all these years, all modders fixate on is Jason's voices, no one even does stuff for Mike apart from one really old mod.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A korra movie still has a lot of potential. We could get more of team avatar, have some pretty unique lore additions given where that story goes and even a pretty strong villain if they write them right.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just don't like Korra as a character. lol
and there’s nothing wrong about not liking her…but if you don’t like Bolin we gonna need to have some words
A korra movie still has a lot of potential. We could get more of team avatar, have some pretty unique lore additions given where that story goes and even a pretty strong villain if they write them right.
I just wanna see Mako get treated badly a little bit more
I will simply skip the Korra film.
2L8 I’m taking you to Avatar Studios and making you watch them make the movie, followed by watching the movie on a neverending loop

but in return you will get a new Donkey Kong game

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now replace him with Wally…please

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rupblic City if Legend of Korra didn't spend the first two seasons on pointless love rhombus drama.
I mean…Book One: Air at least had Amon, and showed one of the rare times of Nick having serious topics touched upon throughout the 2010s.

now Spirits was just a pure **** show with its main plot. If it wasn’t for the first ever Avatar and the Nuktuk arc, I’d be suffering. Tho Korra did get to become the only Avatar to control spirit related stuff and all that thanks to it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've woken up at 6am to get a train and then cycle three hours and then another train back that only comes every 2 hours and then come back by late afternoon. Did I ever tell you guys how much I hate my railway system? Then again I'd rather do this than "I went to Spain/Italy/France and didn't leave the ****ing five star world class resort!" as I've heard from other people but my mentality is like:

Kino Quote 2.png

I go to places to explore and learn, that's my way of enjoying things. I just don't understand why say, someone from the UK goes to Disneyland Florida and not leave the place and see "the real country". Maybe you need to have a social life to really understand that.

Just me bull****ting at 6am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Also and to tag my nerds Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and Lamperouge Lamperouge started watching another anime:

1655528742954.png

Its a slice of life but with a whole race to the top sort of plot. Its actually not bad.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah, and I kinda drew this as a warm-up (I have not drawn traditionally in all year)
View attachment 354915
I ****ing suck at drawing faces tbh but I did like the rest of it as my attempt at trying to brush up a bit.

If there's any artists out there that can give advice on drawing faces, like let me know lol.
I'm not the best at drawing faces myself, I've just learned a few stylization tips to cheat lol

But ummm some advice I can give is to keep things proportionate. In this image Iris' eyes seem a bit too small in comparison to her head size. I'm not saying give her big ol uguu anime eyes, but y'know.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
****ing hell I'm at the train station heading down south and there's like five people absolutely hammered on the yellow lines shouting.

Want to care about my country but.........

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like I should play more of Fire Emblem Three Houses, because even looking up a summary of what happens in the demo for Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes has me feeling a little lost. However, I barely have time for an eight hour game, let alone one that's roughly 40 hours per playthrough.

I beat the Black Eagles route, and if I picked the game up again, I'd probably go with Golden Deer. Claude seems entertaining, the Church route (from what I've read) is a less interesting version of Claude's route, and I don't like Dimitri at all. He reminds me too much of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto - obsessed with getting murderous revenge on someone who couldn't have possibly had anything to do with the event in question (in Dimitri's case, the person in question was about 12 or 14 at the time), and while I thought at first that Byleth's presence would make him more reasonable, I've been told that he's even worse in that regard when Byleth takes his side.

Last edited:

MooMew64

A rabbit ran in front of me!

That is all.
peko?

I feel like I should play more of Fire Emblem Three Houses, because even looking up a summary of what happens in the demo for Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes has me feeling a little lost. However, I barely have time for an eight hour game, let alone one that's roughly 40 hours per playthrough.

I beat the Black Eagles route, and if I picked the game up again, I'd probably go with Golden Deer. Claude seems entertaining, the Church route (from what I've read) is a less interesting version of Claude's route, and I don't like Dimitri at all. He reminds me too much of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto - obsessed with getting murderous revenge on someone who couldn't have possibly had anything to do with the event in question (in Dimitri's case, the person in question was about 12 or 14 at the time), and while I thought at first that Byleth's presence would make him more reasonable, I've been told that he's even worse in that regard when Byleth takes his side.
TBH Dimitri isn’t like Sasuke at all IMO. There’s a LOT more going on under the surface, and without spoiling too much: He has a huge wake up call and legitimately becomes a better person.

Still up to you if you wish to play his route, but IMO Dimitri’s arc is the game’s peak fiction.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! what are your thoughts on the current Sonic voice cast?

Honest to goodness just curious 'cause I know a decent portion of the current fanbase doesn't like them and never makes voice pack mods for them. Heck, half of why I learned how to do it in SA2 (and probably other games soon here TBH) is because I wanted to finally make a modern cast voice pack for games that don't have 'em. Still blows my mind that after all these years, all modders fixate on is Jason's voices, no one even does stuff for Mike apart from one really old mod.
...My time has come. 👁
1655550609187.png

Honestly, I really dig the cast! I have some issues with the games' VO, but they stem from other factors, not the cast itself. Overall, I'd say the VO leaves a bit to be desired at times, and there's multiple things that could be attributed to. Maybe the actors weren't provided enough context for a scene, maybe the director could have done more to immerse or help them, maybe they could've benefitted from one or two more takes, etc. Again, the VO isn't bad by ANY means, but I think it could be better at times.

And since you mentioned the fixation on Jason's performance, I'm gonna address that debate! Both Jason and Roger's Sonic performances are good, haha. It absolutely does not need to be a competition, they can both be good for their own reasons. You can have a preference, of course (I have mine, lmao) but ya don't need to go online and diss the other actor because of it. Roger especially seems to get a lot of crap for reasons I can't really place my finger on. Again, I don't think the VO in Sonic is flawless, but it's not a bad performance by any means. And I know for a fact Roger is a great actor, I've seen other roles he's portrayed for other projects (Same goes with a lot of the Sonic cast) and he does a great job. His work for Arcane and Bugsnax is especially nice, haha. And honestly, a lot of Roger's work as Sonic for stuff outside the games, such as LEGO Dimensions, TailsTube, OK K.O., etc., is amazing!

At the end of the day, I think the Sonic cast is great, but ultimately they're getting paid to deliver what the studio and directors want. What's going on behind the scenes that's making the performances sound a tad stilted at times? Not 100% sure. (Also, the quality of the scripts could be a factor, as I know Sonic scripts have been a bit mixed reception-wise, but Ian Flynn writing Frontiers gives me high hopes, haha.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom