• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know the neat part of FF7R2 being a timed PS5 exclusive is that if anything in the game is **** then we'll know by the time it hits other things.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finishing up the Golden Deers path for the Three Hopes demo and holy **** are they continue to be the most loyal and supportive group

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finishing up the Golden Deers path for the Three Hopes demo and holy **** are they continue to be the most loyal and supportive group
also…small question…how come they get to have Shamir instantly but the others don’t

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Here are all of the N64 games that were on the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console services that the Switch currently doesn't have:

View attachment 354866
I'd like to see all 12 but if I had to rank likelihood:

Everything on the leftmost column is almost guaranteed to return.

From the center column, I see Smash returning and that's it.

The rightmost column is the most interesting:
DK 64 is likely to return, especially with Microsoft already on board there are no issues letting Jetpac in (remember the game cannot be dummied out since it is needed to get a item to beat the game. Same with Arcade DK)
Excitebike I also see returning.
Harvest Moon could return, but I'm gonna guess it would only be for Japan. Similar to the SNES game.
Bomberman is a coin toss.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
You know those baby diaper changing stations? I walked into the McDonalds restrooms, and the diaper changing station is OPEN. Written on it is the text “place sacrifice” and a drawing of a pentagram. I COULD NOT MAKE THIS UP????
I want to see screenshots of this

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bro broke out the all caps max font and pink color for this.

Chill with the thirst, I mean I get it but dawg 💀💀💀
I mustn’t chill with this newfound Holst hype
1C829CA3-1EF9-4D8C-A044-62E68B245C43.jpeg

I will protect this man no matter what

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'll pick up a PS5 for FF7 if I find one on a deal or I see one up for used sometime late next year.

If not...I'm a patient man, I can wait for the PC port. :nifty:
just borrow a PS5. SpongeBob and Patrick would do the exact same thing

MooMew64

TheMightyP TheMightyP Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs Lamperouge Lamperouge Noipoi Noipoi

new Izuka interview, he was asked how hard it is to appeal to new and old fans, especially when hardcore fans have a very specific minset tor what they want from the series:

From my perspective, it’s not so much about old and new fans, it’s really more about the game genre and the types of games that people like. I see a core fanbase of people who really like the 2D side-scrolling format, and people who really like the 3D action format. Trying to put those both together to make everyone happy doesn’t really work.

Young kids are going to be more into the 2D side-scrolling format, and they’re not going to want the 3D action games. So I see things not really about old and new, but more about the different game genres people are attached to. For me, the only way to make those fans happy is to deliver the game formats that people want.

2017 was one of those examples, where we delivered Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces to the two different fan types in the same year, and everyone was happy. So moving forwards, we want to make sure we’re making the genres that are hitting these audiences.

Sonic fans being happy in 2017
lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My brother just sent me a bunch of Meltans in Pokemon Sword with the hopes that someone could send me some Pokemon i'm missing for my living dex like Sobble.
Because Meltan is a Mon exclusive to Pokemon Go and not everyone plays that.

TheMightyP TheMightyP Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs Lamperouge Lamperouge Noipoi Noipoi

new Izuka interview, he was asked how hard it is to appeal to new and old fans, especially when hardcore fans have a very specific minset tor what they want from the series:

lol
Kids gravitating towards 2D games
In what world my dude???

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Noipoi

Howdy!

lol
Yes, everyone was happy with Mania.

Forces on the other hand…

Its a shame, too. For as good as Mania was, it’s success combined with the reception to Forces reinforced the idea that Sonic is only good when it’s 2D.

That’s not the case at all, they just have a habit of making sucky 3D games.

MooMew64

Yes, everyone was happy with Mania.

Forces on the other hand…

Its a shame, too. For as good as Mania was, it’s success combined with the reception to Forces reinforced the idea that Sonic is only good when it’s 2D.

That’s not the case at all, they just have a habit of making sucky 3D games.
Eh, IMO Forces ain’t bad, just really mid, and it knocked Sonic fans off of their Mania high.

TBH if Mania wasn’t released before it, I think the reaction to Forces woulda been a lot tamer.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Still doesn't beat the interview where Izuka implied that we're only criticizing Frontiers and comparing it to other open world games because we "just don't understand it yet".

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just realized I have no idea how much Forces sold.

Maybe it did well enough to make developers think it made at least a decent part of the fans happy? shrug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom