• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The recommended order is Ven/Terra/Aqua

Ven because he's the closest to Sora gameplay wise
Terra because you get resolutions to what is usually set up in Ven's Disney world plots
Aqua because she always ends up being last to visit Disney worlds.
I started with Terra to get him out the way…kinda having regrets with how slow he had to be. Aqua was always gonna be last thankfully since she felt hella fluid and smooth to play as in the 30 seconds I spent with her.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I started with Terra to get him out the way…kinda having regrets with how slow he had to be. Aqua was always gonna be last thankfully since she felt hella fluid and smooth to play as in the 30 seconds I spent with her.
I also notice how you didn't do the post game boss battle in KH2 where you fight Terra.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With the June Nintendo Direct likely happening in the next few weeks (it feels like it's been half a year since the last full Direct, even though we got one back in February), what Switch releases are you looking forward to prior to the next set of announcements?

For me, it's more than I expected, but not a huge amount:

-River City Girls 2: loved the first one, and I've enjoyed what I've played of the River City series so far. (haven't dipped my toes into the sports games yet, though)

-TMNT: Shredder's Revenge: I grew up with the 80's cartoon, the developers have a good history with making outstanding beat-em-ups, and it looks like a real labour of love.

-TMNT: Cowabunga Collection: I enjoy retro game collections, especially beat-em-ups, and I never played the SNES or arcade versions of Turtles in Time. (I did have TMNT Tournament Fighters on the SNES, though)

-Capcom Fighting Collection: like I said, I enjoy retro game collections, and Capcom has put out some great ones on the Switch. (the Mega Man and Mega Man X Legacy Collections, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle...) Looking forward to seeing how Darkstalkers evolved and trying out Hyper Street Fighter II, Red Earth, and Cyberbots. (plus, the Pocket/Puzzle Fighter games look entertaining)

-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle: I'm interested to see how the game has been expanded from the original release, and I'd like to get a physical version

-Bayonetta 3: I bought a Wii U for Bayonetta 2, and I loved it. Hoping to see more of Bayo 3 at E3; I'm not as sure about the direction of this one (not a big fan of Bayo's design compared to Bayonetta 2, and Hellena Taylor's voice basically makes Bayonetta like how Charles Martinet does the same for Mario, or David Hayter for Snake, or Robin Atkin Downes for Travis Touchdown, etc., so seemingly getting rid of her is a weird move), but Platinum has a great track record in my experience and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do here.

-Fire Emblem: Three Hopes: I'm not a fan of what I've played of Fire Emblem Warriors, but I've liked the other licensed Warriors games that I've tried, and I'm more familiar with Three Houses than I am with Fates or the original Fire Emblem, so I think I'll enjoy this

-Metroid Prime 4/Untitled Breath of the Wild sequel: I'm looking forward to these games, but it's a shame that we have absolutely nothing to go on for Prime 4 aside from a title, and the Breath of the Wild sequel doesn't even have that. (the game was announced three years ago - how do we still not have a title?)

It boils down to six new games, or four if we only count the ones that we actually have information on.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With the June Nintendo Direct likely happening in the next few weeks (it feels like it's been half a year since the last full Direct, even though we got one back in February), what Switch releases are you looking forward to prior to the next set of announcements?

-River City Girls 2: loved the first one, and I've enjoyed what I've played of the River City series so far. (haven't dipped my toes into the sports games yet, though)

-TMNT: Shredder's Revenge: I grew up with the 80's cartoon, the developers have a good history with making outstanding beat-em-ups, and it looks like a real labour of love.

-TMNT: Cowabunga Collection: I enjoy retro game collections, especially beat-em-ups, and I never played the SNES or arcade versions of Turtles in Time. (I did have TMNT Tournament Fighters on the SNES, though)

-Capcom Fighting Collection: like I said, I enjoy retro game collections, and Capcom has put out some great ones on the Switch. (the Mega Man and Mega Man X Legacy Collections, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle...) Looking forward to seeing how Darkstalkers evolved and trying out Hyper Street Fighter II, Red Earth, and Cyberbots. (plus, the Pocket/Puzzle Fighter games look entertaining)

-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle: I'm interested to see how the game has been expanded from the original release, and I'd like to get a physical version

-Bayonetta 3: I bought a Wii U for Bayonetta 2, and I loved it. Hoping to see more of Bayo 3 at E3; I'm not as sure about the direction of this one (not a big fan of Bayo's design compared to Bayonetta 2, and Hellena Taylor's voice basically makes Bayonetta like how Charles Martinet does the same for Mario, or David Hayter for Snake, or Robin Atkin Downes for Travis Touchdown, etc., so seemingly getting rid of her is a weird move)

-Fire Emblem: Three Hopes: I'm not a fan of what I've played of Fire Emblem Warriors, but I've liked the other licensed Warriors games that I've tried, and I'm more familiar with Three Houses than I am with Fates or the original Fire Emblem, so I think I'll enjoy this

-Metroid Prime 4/Untitled Breath of the Wild sequel: I'm looking forward to these games, but it's a shame that we have absolutely nothing to go on for Prime 4 aside from a title, and the Breath of the Wild sequel doesn't even have that. (the game was announced three years ago - how do we still not have a title?)

It boils down to six new games, or four if we only count the ones that we actually have information on.
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Capcom Fighting Collection
  • Pokémon Scarlet/Violet

Noipoi

Howdy!

-Bayonetta 3: I bought a Wii U for Bayonetta 2, and I loved it. Hoping to see more of Bayo 3 at E3; I'm not as sure about the direction of this one (not a big fan of Bayo's design compared to Bayonetta 2, and Hellena Taylor's voice basically makes Bayonetta like how Charles Martinet does the same for Mario, or David Hayter for Snake, or Robin Atkin Downes for Travis Touchdown, etc., so seemingly getting rid of her is a weird move)

Pokémon Red & Blue Purple.

Splatoon Tres.

BOTW2.

I wanna see some Kirby in Detroit DLC, though it may be too early.

And I will continue to fruitlessly hope for Donkey Kong.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Mario Strikers, Sonic Frontiers, Sonic Origins, Pokémon ScarVio, and Splatoon 3 are the last big ones for me this year, barring any surprises.

I would absolutely LOVE to hear about Prime 4, but IDK when they're gonna actually commit to talking about it, lol.

BotW2 is something I wish I was excited for, but man, the hype just isn't there right now. They've stayed so silent on everything about it, and the fact they're reusing the map worries me. They're gonna need a really, REALLY good trailer to pull me back in, 'cause right now I kinda just don't care.

Other than that? IDK, the Switch has already given me pretty much every franchise I could ask for, so it's hard to go wild with ideas. I guess my biggest want ATM is to see whatever the heck the Mario team has been up to, because Odyssey is gettin' up there in age and timing wise, we're about due for a new 3D Mario.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Battle League OST from what I heard so far is pretty good. Although Charged's idea of giving each character a different genre is a little better, the rock themed of Battle League is still up my alley.

Mario's own theme sounds almost like a Guilty Gear track. Or Mega Man's theme in Battle and Chase.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I feel like an idiot. The professor just gives you the starters you didn't pick in the post game.

So now i just need the new Pokemon introduced in this game and i'm done.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I also notice how you didn't do the post game boss battle in KH2 where you fight Terra.
Sephiroth was the only secret boss I knew of for the game until that very message…but I did get 1 bonus cutscene showing off fragments of BBS if that counts as Terra stuff (weird how realistic those kinds of cutscenes are compared to the rest of the game)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sephiroth was the only secret boss I knew of for the game until that very message…but I did get 1 bonus cutscene showing off fragments of BBS if that counts as Terra stuff (weird how realistic those kinds of cutscenes are compared to the rest of the game)
botom text

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
botom text
ah that’s nice, just saw the armor and deserted are just a few minutes ago

Tho I do have a question…I don’t have to make different save files to play the Aqua and Ventus do I?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
ah that’s nice, just saw the armor and deserted are just a few minutes ago

Tho I do have a question…I don’t have to make different save files to play the Aqua and Ventus do I?
Each of the three characters in BBS are their own save files, yes.

BBS gameplay spoilers, technically: However, it's because the game is done SA2 style where beating all three routes gets you the "true ending" epilogue with the final boss.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Each of the three characters in BBS are their own save files, yes.

BBS gameplay spoilers, technically: However, it's because the game is done SA2 style where beating all three routes gets you the "true ending" epilogue with the final boss.
…man **** that I’m restarting the game to strictly play Aqua

Now I’m pretty sure the other 2 have some good character moments…but I connected to her gameplay style way too quickly compared to a 3rd Sora and then Terra’s heavy style

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
…man **** that I’m restarting the game to strictly play Aqua

Now I’m pretty sure the other 2 have some good character moments…but I connected to her gameplay style way too quickly compared to a 3rd Sora and then Terra’s heavy style
Remember to pick up any chest you come across in all three stories, that's how you unlock the final story if memory serves.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Remember to pick up any chest you come across in all three stories, that's how you unlock the final story if memory serves.
doesn’t that lead to finding out Ventus ”dies” and has his heart sent to Sora, Terra being corrupted by evil for a bit, and Aqua saving him from the darkness at the cost of being trapped? Which then leads to Sora and the gang having that Mickey bottled letter and then DDD continues the plot after she finds out about him? Unless I missed something else from what little I remember

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
doesn’t that lead to finding out Ventus ”dies” and has his heart sent to Sora, Terra being corrupted by evil for a bit, and Aqua saving him from the darkness at the cost of being trapped? Which then leads to Sora and the gang having that Mickey bottled letter and then DDD continues the plot after she finds out about him? Unless I missed something else from what little I remember
Yep.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've come to the realization that along with the akhlut and dragon. The qilin is another of my favorite mythological creatures.

What I love about them is basically being China's chimera, blend of dragon, horse, deer and ox as well as their benevolent nature.
This is one of the reason I love platypuses so much. They're like Australia's chimera.

Man, I wish platypi were real.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
A Question for my fellow Japanese Superhero enjoyers here

I want to get into Ultraman I was considering starting with Ultraman Taiga or Ultraman Z are there any other really good ones that I should look into?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom