• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I thought I would wake up better from it. Still a bit annoyed about TLOU getting Game of the Year.

Still holy **** about Sephiroth in Smash.

And have to remember what will probably be one of the diamonds in the rough.

Well even EA can make a decent small game once in a while. Probably the only excited about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally, they made the meme everyone waited for:

How the tides have turned.
View attachment 295137
Whooper

The memes keep getting better:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Keep the Sephiroth memes going, these are phenomenal!
Postbits and post backgrounds added for

:ultsteve: :ultbylethf: :ulthero2: :ulthero3: :ulthero4:

Post backgrounds also added for Alex, Zombie and Enderman. No postbit or smiley until I can dig up a version of their stock icon that matches the website ones.
Finally, thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If
Geno
Crash
A Namco Character

There you go. Those are my predictions.

Please let there be a third pass.
if Geno does not return as a Mii Costume, I would place my bet that the extra 4 slots right now are getting used for the final batch of characters

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Postbits and post backgrounds added for

:ultsteve: :ultbylethf: :ulthero2: :ulthero3: :ulthero4:

Post backgrounds also added for Alex, Zombie and Enderman. No postbit or smiley until I can dig up a version of their stock icon that matches the website ones.
Thank you!

For anyone interested, the Zarude codes for Pokemon SWSH just released.
I still don’t have an email even though I did what it said to receive the newsletter ;—;

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know, i think Nintendo way overstocked on copies of Mario 3D all stars.

There are currently like 5 stacks of physical copies at my local Walmart.

D

Deleted member

I am really excited to try out Sephiroth.

Seeing Sephiroth in the Minecraft stage is going to be funny.

Also, I really love his long sword.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do wonder if the Smash reveal was originally planned for the Game Awards. They put the biggest announcement of the show and one of the biggest smash announcements ever at the start, rather then the end.

Feels like it was just thrown in last minute.

But at the same time there was a full cgi trailer prepared and it was a character connected to one of the game of the year entries, so maybe they figured it would just be a good fit to save it for that.

Dutch Raikuna

So what's the consensus overall for Sephiroth?

Seems like the community is overall happy with him but not "jump for joy" rather more, "oh cool" kinda category. I mean I'd rather have Terra has the next FF rep but it's been overdue for a third party villain and with other options being kinda limited from existing 3rd Parties with maybe Eggman or Akuma being good options, I think it's cool that the One Winged Angel is in.

I'd place him in a position to someone like Tails, new Zelda rep or a new Retro rep to me. Far, far from my most wanted but content with it.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
I still don’t have an email even though I did what it said to receive the newsletter ;—;
I think they're still giving out codes to everyone, so you should get yours sometime soon.
I found mine in the promotional folder in Gmail too, if you haven't looked there.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Seems like the community is overall happy with him but not "jump for joy" rather more, "oh cool" kinda category. I mean I'd rather have Terra has the next FF rep but it's been overdue for a third party villain and with other options being kinda limited from existing 3rd Parties with maybe Eggman or Akuma being good options, I think it's cool that the One Winged Angel is in.

I'd place him in a position to someone like Tails, new Zelda rep or a new Retro rep to me. Far, far from my most wanted but content with it.
I'm just glad that the option for third parties to have a second character are now open. Ken and Ritcher dont count, they are echoes.

Now i can safely want characters like Chun-Li or Yu Narukami.

...why Gunner specifically? I kinda figured he'd be a brawler if anything
Because i can easily see the Objection finger being used in place of a gun, like with Cuphead.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember when Smash 4 Cloud's sword was considered so crazy?

We have gone so far.

Dutch Raikuna

I remember when people at Miiverse back in the day got pissed at Cloud's reveal because they thought he was an Ike clone over the final Smash.

Miiverse truly was something.
Back in the day. Really wished use Miiverse far more back then but I was too people paranoid over the Internet.

Surprised Nintendo didn't try to do anything like that for the Switch.

D

Deleted member

I remember when people at Miiverse back in the day got pissed at Cloud's reveal because they thought he was an Ike clone over the final Smash.

Miiverse truly was something.
Ah Miiverse... something I knew existed but never really used because ¯\(ツ)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 295135
I'm still trying to comprehend that this is an actual screenshot from an official Nintendo product.

like this is right up there with Mario gawking at Steve in terms of powerful Smash stills.
Mario should just accept his future death
How the tides have turned.
View attachment 295137
r e v e n g e
Yes, over a year later I'm still bitter about the lack of "Life Will Change". One of the best songs in the game and only used for Joker's reveal trailer.
the regret I felt when I first heard the song with lyrics a month after his reveal...should've not heard it first
The memes keep getting better:
glorious
Remember when Smash 4 Cloud's sword was considered so crazy?

We have gone so far.
I remember not knowing who the **** he was
Shish-kabob and Shish-kasteve
why is Byleth so happy to die¿

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

More FFVII content in Smash is never a bad thing so I'm pretty freaking happy.

D

Deleted member

As a person who has played Minecraft even before they were 10, it is really nice to see Steve in Smash Bros, where he can hang out with huge characters, such as Sephiroth, Joker, Terry, and Hero.

Also, is this the first time that Steve met Banjo-Kazooie? I mean I guess you could count the Banjo skin in Minecraft Xbox, but still.

D

Deleted member

Don't mind me; just recalling bad memories from playing Spirit of Justice regarding HIM.​
He's a huge a-hole during the first part of the game but I love his little redemption arc towards the end of the game. He's still a bit of a **** but he's more bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom